Sign in to follow this  
im spartacus canary

todays atmosphere

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"]I''m a season ticket holder. Can''t go every week because of work, but have been to most games. Missed the Cardiff game which I guess would be a contender.

We were great against Ipswich, but they were rubbish and had ten men for the whole of the second half.

Yesterday I thought we were totally dominant except for a dodgy ten-minute period after Reading equalised.

When would you say we played better?

I hope you''re not taking this as me having a go at you, by the way - just wanting a discussion...[/quote]Its my opinion that we huffed and puffed and made life very difficult for ourselves.Reading came very open, I didn''t notice them packing the midfield to try and stifle the game at all.Earlier in the season we have struggled against teams that come to stifle the game, and done better against teams that come and attack. I just think that we could have made a lot more of our chances, and that the 20 minutes where we dominated in the first half could have been used to better effect. If we were so dominant why was it only 2-1? To be honest from about 80 minutes I thought we''d never score. And yes I understand that 10 men can be difficult to play against, but with the players we have in midfield we should have run them ragged.

Amazing to read the differing opinions. We were all experiencing the exact same event yet we think quite differently about it. I thought the atmosphere was a bit below par until Holt scored - but that probably made the finish even more exciting!

One of the reasons it was only 2-1 was that the Reading keeper had a great game. He did really well on that Crofts one-on-one, and the save seconds later from Wes was outstanding too.

The other reason is that we didn''t take our chances, which I guess is a fair reason for criticising the performance - I''m probably guilty of judging a performance on what happens between the two penalty areas. But I''ve seen too many games this season when for all our possession and pretty football, we didn''t really create much. Yesterday, I''ll say it again, we had 14 shots on target.

I think what you saw as huffing and puffing I saw as some pretty good possession football. In the absence of a decent winger, we really to have to be patient and wait for an opening, which was certainly the case with the winning goal.

I think we did run them ragged. We had so many chances in the last ten minutes when they were knackered. And when the goal finally came, it was thoroughly deserved, unlike the Millwall game when we didn''t really do enough to earn the win.

I had a quick look down our results so far this season. I would only really put the wins over QPR and Ipswich up there with this one (though I did miss the two games against the Welsh clubs). And, while I was proud of the team against QPR, the sending off that day really did help us hang on.

Anyway, we''ll probably have to agree to disagree. But the fact that we''re arguing over whether that performance was a good one is a pretty good tribute to Lambert. Surely we can agree that we would have killed for a team like this just eighteen months ago!

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]Amazing to read the differing opinions. We were all experiencing the exact same event yet we think quite differently about it. I thought the atmosphere was a bit below par until Holt scored - but that probably made the finish even more exciting![/quote]I think the atmosphere was better than what we were seeing on the pitch for a lot of the game, I don''t remember it ever being quiet for long.

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]Great atmos at the end but not for much of the game![/quote]

But I couldn''t help noticing that a lot of people were leaving after 85 minutes !

Some people have no clue... the Atmosphere created today in the Barclay was fantastic. I was sitting in the heart of it and it was brilliant. How about people stop moaning and join in the N&P, and Jarrold should really help the Barclay and Pit more.... Good effort form the Block E boys this Saturday.