Sign in to follow this  
im spartacus canary

todays atmosphere

absolutely fantastic throughout in my opinion..the barclay and snakepit made a noise all game and OTBC was only sung a couple of times their was a good variety of songs for once .. love the grant holt turrah turrah song  [:D]

That''s funny because from where I was sitting near the dugout that the crowd was very very quiet. Only heard noise from the barclay end a few times.

I didn''t think it was that great, not that bad but not that great either!

Since when did we have a song that goes Grant Holt turrah turrah!?  Are you thinking of the "He scored three goals against the scum Grant Holt Grant Holt" one?

When Holt scored it was immense, could feel the jarrold move, and watching the barclay and snake pit was incredible! fantasic all round.

Welcome yet again the crowd critics

FFS get a life. Every visiting manager comments before and after a game about the crowd at the Carra.

Never heard any of em say.... '' it was quiet where I was sitting''

[quote user="colneycanary"]That''s funny because from where I was sitting near the dugout that the crowd was very very quiet. Only heard noise from the barclay end a few times.[/quote]You should try joining in, it won''t hurt you.

[quote user="Lambert is King"]Got to say except for just after half time and towards the end ( last 5 mins + stoppage time ) atmosphere was absoloutely pathetic.[/quote]

Absolutely Pathetic? Really? Could you see from your seat at Portman Road?

Lambert said the crowd was great.

Every visiting manager says the atmosphere is great.

Even Neil Warnock describes it as intimidating and he loves it.

To what are the whingers comparing it?

Listening on Canaries Player the noise sounded virtually constant. It sounded great and I didn''t think that there would be any complaints today about a dead atmosphere!

Odd.

[quote user="morty"]I thought atmos was excellent, despite us having a distinctly average game.[/quote]

Is that a joke? How much better would you like us to be than we were today?

Going out on a limb here but I bet anyone who is moaning wasn''t in the lower barclay today, it was absolutely rocking the whole game.

I also have the bruises from the crazy goal celebration to prove it!

It wasn''t bad today at all but it certainly wasn''t great. I feel sad for those who think it was great. Must have been to some very poor games. I think I need to go in the River End for a game to hear how loud the Barclay are because in my head we were nosier when we had 10, 000 less at games.

Since I always have to listen on Canaries World I don''t get first hand of the noise there but usually it sounds soooo quiet and boring between the mins of 5-85 but today actually sounded pretty darn good on there almost the whole game so gotta give you props to you all today. Sounded good from Florida.

I''m in NW Australia at the moment (work), I couldn''t hear a thing when Holt got the winner. Absolutely disgraceful for such a crucial goal. Y''all need to shout a bit louder next time.

I was in the upper Barclay - thought the atmosphere was good throughout and excellent at the end.

It''s such a shame only a quarter of the stands make a noise.

... that''s why I always make sure I a get a ticket in there no matter how much better the available seats in others areas are.

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"][quote user="morty"]I thought atmos was excellent, despite us having a distinctly average game.[/quote]

Is that a joke? How much better would you like us to be than we were today?[/quote]No, its not a joke at all.We were caught too high up the pitch for their goal, Ward made a complete hash of his defensive tackle and then paused as kebe ran away from him, and there were so few players back that he had a simple pass for long to score.I think we laboured for long periods when we really shouldn''t have.Don''t get me wrong, if you can have an average game and win, then all well and good, but it certainly wasn''t 90 (+4) minutes of Brasil standard football.

I was sitting in the jarrold H,seat row A and its was a fantastic atmosphere, had some good chat and a singsong with other fans around me, superb day, fantastic result OTBC

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]I was sitting in the jarrold H,seat row A and its was a fantastic atmosphere, had some good chat and a singsong with other fans around me, superb day, fantastic result OTBC[/quote]Holts goal, hugged the wife my lad and 2 total strangers lol[Y]

Morty,

We did look a bit dodgy at the back on occasion, but Reading are a very good side on the break.

At the other end, we had 14 shots on target. Holt and Hoolahan blazed over when they should have scored, Federici made three great saves that I can think of off the top of my head. We should have wrapped it up long before the winner. Given the fact that Reading are a good side, our dominance was very impressive.

I wouldn''t claim it was the perfect performance, but to call it average seems incredibly harsh to me. I thought it was the best City performance I''ve seen all season, which also means it''s the best City performance for about four years.

I''m a season ticket holder. Can''t go every week because of work, but have been to most games. Missed the Cardiff game which I guess would be a contender.

We were great against Ipswich, but they were rubbish and had ten men for the whole of the second half.

Yesterday I thought we were totally dominant except for a dodgy ten-minute period after Reading equalised.

When would you say we played better?

I hope you''re not taking this as me having a go at you, by the way - just wanting a discussion...

I''m not saying it was our best performance of the season but I can''t remember us creating more clear cut chances than we did yesterday. Had we been more clinical (and defended better) it could have been a cricket score, and that against a very decent side that came and played 5 in midfield to try and stop us playing.