Sign in to follow this  
norfolkchance1

Forest game on Sky

I am absolutely fuming with this.

Was very excited when I saw this game was to be televised, as it was one I was desperate to watch but being exiled and a poor student it was unlikely I''d make it to FCR to watch this one.

Only to find, that I have a field trip to the Gambia with uni, which is mandatory for my course, and our flight time is leaving Gambia at 5:20 GMT and arriving back late in the evening (bout 11 or later i think) and cuzve of that c*** Murdoch, not only will I not be able to watch it as Il be on a plane, but even worse, I wont be able to listen on Canariesworld (as I usually do when i cant attend) or even follow the game at all.

Potential promotion decider, and I will be stuck on a plane completely unable to access the game.

So now I have the dilemma, as I will be DESPERATE to know the result, do I check my phone as soon as Im back on British soil to get the score, or give my phone to the girlfriend under strict instruction not to let me check it, demand no1 tell me the score and watch it on Sky+ when I eventually get home at 2 or 3 in the morning, and run the risk of someone telling me the result, and only to potentially be irate if we have lost and iv gone to all that effort so that I can watch it without knowing the result??

[quote user="spencer 1970"][quote user="Matt Juler"]Just booked a half day off work... bloody pain for us exiles, I''m one of the lucky ones that can normally pick and choose when I take my holidays, but for those who are teachers etc. it''s another game they can''t get to.[/quote]

Teachers? don''t they finish work at 3.30 anyway?

Looking forward to what train deals CC''s can get for this one.[/quote]Nice fishing!

[quote user="kick it off"]I am absolutely fuming with this.

Was very excited when I saw this game was to be televised, as it was one I was desperate to watch but being exiled and a poor student it was unlikely I''d make it to FCR to watch this one.

Only to find, that I have a field trip to the Gambia with uni, which is mandatory for my course, and our flight time is leaving Gambia at 5:20 GMT and arriving back late in the evening (bout 11 or later i think) and cuzve of that c*** Murdoch, not only will I not be able to watch it as Il be on a plane, but even worse, I wont be able to listen on Canariesworld (as I usually do when i cant attend) or even follow the game at all.

Potential promotion decider, and I will be stuck on a plane completely unable to access the game.

So now I have the dilemma, as I will be DESPERATE to know the result, do I check my phone as soon as Im back on British soil to get the score, or give my phone to the girlfriend under strict instruction not to let me check it, demand no1 tell me the score and watch it on Sky+ when I eventually get home at 2 or 3 in the morning, and run the risk of someone telling me the result, and only to potentially be irate if we have lost and iv gone to all that effort so that I can watch it without knowing the result??[/quote]''Aint life a bitch .......There''s you a virtual prisoner stuck out in sunny Africa when there''s other lucky sods much closer to the action at Carrow Road unable to see the game because they''re cleaning up incontinents and other poor sick people in nursing homes, hospitals and hospices.Apologies in advance if your trip to Gambia involves helping the needy, but, in the meantime, I can''t share your pain.....

[quote user="UEA Canary"]the big issue here that no one has touched upon is the fact with the swansea game being moved to the evening the week before the forest game we will have one heck of a tough week made all the more harder having to play 3 crucial matches in a very short amount of time than what would of been the case. swansea 5.15 ko on 9th april watford 7.45 ko 12th april forest 7.45 ko 15th april all 3 are direct rivals for promotion and will the outcome of which will surely decide our season. so thanks sky for bunching up 3 massive games into 6 days.[/quote]

---

---

This argument doesn''t really hold up. Everybody is playing on the Saturday and the Tuesday, and playing just over two hours later on the Saturday is hardly going to make any difference to us - or Swansea. The only significant difference is that we play our third game a day early, but then so do our opponents that night. If we are knackered, so will Forest be.

If anything this gives us an advantage going in to the derby game, in that we have an extra day to recover from those three games compared with Ipswich.

Added to which, although this has nothing to do with Sky, playing our Easter games on Thursday and Monday is almost certainly better than playing Friday and Monday or Saturday and Monday, as our promotion rivals will be doing.