Sign in to follow this  
paul moy

A linesman was hit

Some of the people on here are wasted detectives!!

Apparently the bloke went for Harte...but hit the linesman - No sh1t Sherlock!

What annoyed me about it most was it totally distracted us and nearly conceded straight after.

Also it was only last week I was trying to defend football fans, saying they are not so bad...and there is never much trouble at Norwich. So i''ve had to eat humble pie!

"Now was that acceptable because there was no risk of injury because it was a pie? (possibly a cornish pasty)"

a pie !

Do you not remember what happened to poor Ernie (the fastest milkman in the west), when he was hit by a pie ?

"...hardened crust, of a stale pork pie caught him in the eye and Ernie bit the dust"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8e1xvyTdBZI

[quote user="Colchester Canary"]

Some of the people on here are wasted detectives!!

Apparently the bloke went for Harte...but hit the linesman - No sh1t Sherlock!

What annoyed me about it most was it totally distracted us and nearly conceded straight after.

Also it was only last week I was trying to defend football fans, saying they are not so bad...and there is never much trouble at Norwich. So i''ve had to eat humble pie!

[/quote]

But Colchester, surely one bloke chucking a lighter isn''t trouble. I''m not defending it, it was stupid, but it wasn''t a riot. On my previous posts I gave examples much worse than a single person chucking a single lighter. Those Watford fans threw anything they had at Lee Marshall, lighters, coins even shoes.

25,000 people in the stadium every home game and one guy chucks a lighter. He will be identified and hopefully punished and this should be a deterrent to make anyone think twice in the future.

[quote user="norwichwhite"]fook off you knob.

suppose you will ask for protection on your trip to ER next week........ or will you be sitting on your sofa  tapping away at your laptop about the nawty leeds fans and how they scared the women and children................
[/quote]Like you dheads when you meet lads and not scarvers,and the numbers are even!..By way,before all this street cameras etc,2 van loads of you got chased from the pheasant cock to carrow rd,and after the match,some of you were standing next to the police pointing out who was involved aug 79.Brother got pointed out and it cost him £150!............

As stated above, we really do have some drama queens on this board. Someone (probably a teenage chav) threw a cheap, plastic lighted on the pitch. Its hardly a major incident and for people to be coming out with quotes such as "it ruined the game" following a great last gasp victory is pathetic. no doubt these are the same people who booed our fans and demanded bans when a few people ran on the pitch to celebrate us winning the league!

The guy who did it will get identified on the cameras and will probably get a ban. He will then be gutted at getting himself banned for something so trivial. In a way that will be a shame as i would rather have the ground filled with fans who at least get passionate enough that they lose control and throw something than have it full of moaning, health and safety nuts but we all knwo the rules and he can''t really complain at a ban. The rest of us will move on and carry on supporting our team in what is turning out to be a great season.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

As stated above, we really do have some drama queens on this board. Someone (probably a teenage chav) threw a cheap, plastic lighted on the pitch. Its hardly a major incident and for people to be coming out with quotes such as "it ruined the game" following a great last gasp victory is pathetic. no doubt these are the same people who booed our fans and demanded bans when a few people ran on the pitch to celebrate us winning the league!

The guy who did it will get identified on the cameras and will probably get a ban. He will then be gutted at getting himself banned for something so trivial. In a way that will be a shame as i would rather have the ground filled with fans who at least get passionate enough that they lose control and throw something than have it full of moaning, health and safety nuts but we all knwo the rules and he can''t really complain at a ban. The rest of us will move on and carry on supporting our team in what is turning out to be a great season.

[/quote]Indeed, as I stated, no one died and no one got pregnant!Its people''s over reactions to something that just help keep the image of "little old, cuddly Norwich" going though. I can''t begin to think what other fans looking in here must think of our earth shattering incident lol.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]As stated above, we really do have some drama queens on this board.[/quote]It was me who was called a drama queen and I hadn''t come out with quotes such as "it ruined the game" and didn''t boo our fans or demand bans when a few people ran on the pitch to

celebrate us winning the league! [:P]When you get to my age all you worry about getting called is late for your lunch.

[quote user="morty"]Frankly, I really couldn''t care less about this, lets face it, no one died and no one got pregnant.

Yeah it was wrong, and the lad will get his just desserts from the police and probably never see a City game again ever, but do I really care if a lino was hit in the face with a lighter, not really.

As somebody else said, if it hit Harte we would all be laughing our socks off about this.

I think that there are certain people that are horribly offended because they think thats whats expected.
[/quote]

Sorry Morty youre wrong.  Yes Harte is a cheating B@rstard but there is no room for incidents of this kind in football.  If it had been a Millwall or Leeds fan everyone would be up in arms

I hope whoever did it gets a life ban - not 3 years - and I''d love to see them get a custodial sentence as well

[quote user="Barclay hero"]

[quote user="morty"]Frankly, I really couldn''t care less about this, lets face it, no one died and no one got pregnant.Yeah it was wrong, and the lad will get his just desserts from the police and probably never see a City game again ever, but do I really care if a lino was hit in the face with a lighter, not really.As somebody else said, if it hit Harte we would all be laughing our socks off about this.I think that there are certain people that are horribly offended because they think thats whats expected.[/quote]

Sorry Morty youre wrong.  Yes Harte is a cheating B@rstard but there is no room for incidents of this kind in football.  If it had been a Millwall or Leeds fan everyone would be up in arms

I hope whoever did it gets a life ban - not 3 years - and I''d love to see them get a custodial sentence as well

[/quote]If you say so mate.Personally I would have had a sly chuckle if Harte had been hit in the head by a green plastic disposable lighter.I guess our senses of humour differ.[:)]

And just read the rest of your post, custodial sentence?This is exactly the over reaction I am talking about.

Interesting you mention Millwall. Don''t think i have ever been to a game at Millwall where nothing was thrown onto the pitch. Happens every game there and nothing ever happens.

Can''t believe all the fuss being made on here about one incident.  The guy if caught may well get a fine and a short ban which he deserves. Calls for life bans and custodial sentences are just ridiculous.

Ant bets on how many missiles get thrown on the pitch or at the away fans next Saturday?

I agree. This boy, is a fucking legend! I think if he has the balls to throw a lighter onto the pitch at Ian Harte he should be made a Norwich City legend! And as for you stuck up, arrogant, nerds who have nothing better to do than sit on your computer all day checking if anybody has dissagreed with what you have said, just so you can have a spelling competition with them. Fuck off everyone who dissagrees and grow some nuts!

And to expand further on that, he''s not a legend, he''s a tit.Would he have the balls to do it to Harte out on the street? No, I don''t think so.Will he feel so clever when he''s banned from going to see City, and has a police caution, which always looks fantastic on your CV when you''re going for a job? Perhaps he can brag about it to the detritus that hang around outside the job centre when he signs on every week.But does he deserve to be put in jail / burned at the stake for this? No.

[quote user="tommywitty"]I agree. This boy, is a fucking legend! I think if he has the balls to throw a lighter onto the pitch at Ian Harte he should be made a Norwich City legend! And as for you stuck up, arrogant, nerds who have nothing better to do than sit on your computer all day checking if anybody has dissagreed with what you have said, just so you can have a spelling competition with them. Fuck off everyone who dissagrees and grow some nuts![/quote]

Spot On...

[quote user="morty"]Oh, and apart from everything else, he''s not a very good shot, is he?

Thought it was a good shot, to throw a obect with all those fans around you, to hit some one above the eye, when i go for a Pee, i miss the Rim, and hit the seat, or the Mat!!
[/quote]

[quote user="zemas tendon"]

[quote user="morty"]Oh, and apart from everything else, he''s not a very good shot, is he?

Thought it was a good shot, to throw a obect with all those fans around you, to hit some one above the eye, when i go for a Pee, i miss the Rim, and hit the seat, or the Mat!![/quote]

[/quote]1. Wasn''t he aiming for Harte then?2. Could your problem be an incredibly short penis?[;)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="zemas tendon"]

Thought it was a good shot, to throw a obect with all those fans around you, to hit some one above the eye, when i go for a Pee, i miss the Rim, and hit the seat, or the Mat!!
[/quote]

[/quote]

1. Wasn''t he aiming for Harte then?

2. Could your problem be an incredibly short penis?

[;)]
[/quote]

1.Was he aiming for harte, yes i presume he was, but that must still be one hell of a shot, to actually hit someone!! unless the half plastic lighter was strapped to a coin/dart... because to me that is like kicking one of those beach balls, never get them on target.

2. I do have a small penis.. i have a little pet name for him too... its called Morty the little Prick

[quote user="zemas tendon"]

[quote user="tommywitty"]I agree. This boy, is a fucking legend! I think if he has the balls to throw a lighter onto the pitch at Ian Harte he should be made a Norwich City legend! And as for you stuck up, arrogant, nerds who have nothing better to do than sit on your computer all day checking if anybody has dissagreed with what you have said, just so you can have a spelling competition with them. Fuck off everyone who dissagrees and grow some nuts![/quote]

Spot On...

[/quote]I could have guessed you would come on and agree with this idiot.

How does throwing a lighter onto the pitch make him a legend? It could get the Club fined and you could see from Grant Holt''s reaction that he doesn''t think of him as a legend, completely the opposite in fact.

I went right through the 70''s and 80''s when the Barclay was penned in and there was netting to stop things being thrown onto the pitch and I wouldn''t like to return to that, my eyesight is bad enough without looking through netting.

[quote user="zemas tendon"][quote user="morty"][quote user="zemas tendon"]

Thought it was a good shot, to throw a obect with all those fans around you, to hit some one above the eye, when i go for a Pee, i miss the Rim, and hit the seat, or the Mat!![/quote]

[/quote]1. Wasn''t he aiming for Harte then?2. Could your problem be an incredibly short penis?[;)][/quote]

1.Was he aiming for harte, yes i presume he was, but that must still be one hell of a shot, to actually hit someone!! unless the half plastic lighter was strapped to a coin/dart... because to me that is like kicking one of those beach balls, never get them on target.

2. I do have a small penis.. i have a little pet name for him too... its called Morty the little Prick

[/quote]Oh dear, have I touched a raw nerve there, please accept my apologies.It can''t be easy having trouser meat that is like a party chipolata, no wonder you''re always so angry on here.[:(]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="zemas tendon"][quote user="morty"][quote user="zemas tendon"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

1. Wasn''t he aiming for Harte then?

2. Could your problem be an incredibly short penis?

[;)]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh dear, have I touched a raw nerve there, please accept my apologies.

It can''t be easy having trouser meat that is like a party chipolata, no wonder you''re always so angry on here.

[:(]
[/quote]

Apology Accepted...

Now all this makes me want to pee, but i can not find my tweezers!!

[quote user="zemas tendon"][quote user="morty"][quote user="zemas tendon"][quote user="morty"][quote user="zemas tendon"]

[/quote]1. Wasn''t he aiming for Harte then?2. Could your problem be an incredibly short penis?[;)][/quote]

[/quote]Oh dear, have I touched a raw nerve there, please accept my apologies.It can''t be easy having trouser meat that is like a party chipolata, no wonder you''re always so angry on here.[:(][/quote]

Apology Accepted...

Now all this makes me want to pee, but i can not find my tweezers!!

[/quote]I recommend sitting down.Like a big girl.[;)]

Could we be any further off topic?Anyway, he''s not a legend, he''s a knuckle scraping, mouth breathing moron. Who will have to find something else to do on Saturday afternoons from now on.Possibly community service.[:)]

[/quote]

It''s much harder when your dick is on your forehead........