Sign in to follow this  
paul moy

A linesman was hit

[quote user="hogesar"]I can''t believe how much people are going on about this. Whoever done it clearly wants attention and you all give it to him.

The fact that this sort of thing happens on such a rarity shows how good our fans though. But when it does happen, we don''t need to discuss it endlessly. He''ll get punished and rightly so, but as Morty said, alot of us would have cheered if it hit Harte. And not the typical chavs or thugs, i think quite a few would have done at the time.

He was an idiot, he''ll get banned. End of. This happens more often at other clubs, this is the first i''ve heard of us doing this for years.

And Jas saying it ruined the entire game for him is a bit ridiculous....nothing could have ruined that game for me!
[/quote]

Would you have ''shopped him''? Or just had a good old guffaw about it?......That ''student'' who lobbed a fire-extinguisher of the top of a six-storey building was only ''caught up in the moment''.......Fortunately, nobody died, nobody got pregnant, and at the end of the day - his mother shopped him....Good on her....

That fire-extinguisher throwing idiot got what he deserved.....and I do hope the ''lighter lobber'' also gets a good kick up the hearse for his infantile behaviour....

Grant Holt certainly made his feelings known concerning the ''lighter lobber''......

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="hogesar"]I can''t believe how much people are going on about this. Whoever done it clearly wants attention and you all give it to him.The fact that this sort of thing happens on such a rarity shows how good our fans though. But when it does happen, we don''t need to discuss it endlessly. He''ll get punished and rightly so, but as Morty said, alot of us would have cheered if it hit Harte. And not the typical chavs or thugs, i think quite a few would have done at the time.He was an idiot, he''ll get banned. End of. This happens more often at other clubs, this is the first i''ve heard of us doing this for years.And Jas saying it ruined the entire game for him is a bit ridiculous....nothing could have ruined that game for me![/quote]

Would you have ''shopped him''? Or just had a good old guffaw about it?......That ''student'' who lobbed a fire-extinguisher of the top of a six-storey building was only ''caught up in the moment''.......Fortunately, nobody died, nobody got pregnant, and at the end of the day - his mother shopped him....Good on her....

That fire-extinguisher throwing idiot got what he deserved.....and I do hope the ''lighter lobber'' also gets a good kick up the hearse for his infantile behaviour....

Grant Holt certainly made his feelings known concerning the ''lighter lobber''......

[/quote]Yes, very few people are saying he doesn''t deserve to be punished Mello.But the thing is, you''re making ridiculous comparisons. He didn''t throw a fire-extinguisher from the top of a building at Harte, did he? It was a lighter, which hit the linesman. He''ll recover, he''ll be fine. The culprit will be punished. And that should be the end.Instead, people on the PinkUn love the opportunity to moan about something and since the match ended well - this is the alternative for a large amount of you.

Re the steward (young Ginger one who looks slightly dense) he was in the snake pit standing inside the pit rather than by the gate pitchside like he should be at 90 mins. He got squashed but got over the barrier and fussed by the red cross. He supposedly hurt his ankle but after 30 seconds was fine. I saw this from the top - can''t see how you are ever going to stop passionate fans running to the bottom of the snake pit to celebrate - too far for me I prefer to stay put!!

In reply to mello, if the lighter had hit me or one of my kids I would have chinned the guy.

Cue more daily mail reader style outrage.

Seriously some of you people need to step out of Norfolk once in a while to see how the rest of the world is!

Anal rape in prison is clearly too good for this guy, he should be executed outside city hall.

Yeah, sorry chops, missed the obvious irony!

Ok, if you think it''s not a ''pathetic anology''......that''s your opinion and choice....

No I''m not a ''gangsta''.....are you a chav?

[quote user="morty"]In reply to mello, if the lighter had hit me or one of my kids I would have chinned the guy. Cue more daily mail reader style outrage. Seriously some of you people need to step out of Norfolk once in a while to see how the rest of the world is! Anal rape in prison is clearly too good for this guy, he should be executed outside city hall. Yeah, sorry chops, missed the obvious irony![/quote]

I''ve stepped out of Norfolk......quite a few times actually.

You would have chinned the guy if he hit one of your kids or you with the lighter.....Is that because lighter fuel and flint can make you pregnant?

Hoggy''s right really, but I do see where Morty and Mellow are coming from. If it had hit me he''d have had something a lot bigger than a lighter hit him, probably right on the nose.

[quote user="Trent Canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Trent Canary"][quote user="morty"]

As somebody else said, if it hit Harte we would all be laughing our socks off about this.

[/quote]

I certainly wouldnt be. And nor would the FA.

Norwich fans are better than that..
[/quote]

Are we really?

I put it to you that we have a reasonable following of grotty little chavs and ex 80''s hard men amongst our ranks.
[/quote]

We certainly do, I was talking in generality (Is that a word? It is now..) 

Anyway, the bloke will probably be banned for life/X years. His loss.
[/quote]

I think the club has only one option here, and that is to make a statement and  condem the Moron, Publish his photograph and also issue a life ban, Show the F A that we are not going to let this type of fans get away with it,  It might just save us getting a very large fine

Yes mello, you have accurately grasped where I am coming from on this, I am worried about the risk of pregnancy from disposable plastic lighters.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="hogesar"]I can''t believe how much people are going on about this. Whoever done it clearly wants attention and you all give it to him.

The fact that this sort of thing happens on such a rarity shows how good our fans though. But when it does happen, we don''t need to discuss it endlessly. He''ll get punished and rightly so, but as Morty said, alot of us would have cheered if it hit Harte. And not the typical chavs or thugs, i think quite a few would have done at the time.

He was an idiot, he''ll get banned. End of. This happens more often at other clubs, this is the first i''ve heard of us doing this for years.

And Jas saying it ruined the entire game for him is a bit ridiculous....nothing could have ruined that game for me!
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes, very few people are saying he doesn''t deserve to be punished Mello.

But the thing is, you''re making ridiculous comparisons. He didn''t throw a fire-extinguisher from the top of a building at Harte, did he? It was a lighter, which hit the linesman. He''ll recover, he''ll be fine. The culprit will be punished. And that should be the end.

Instead, people on the PinkUn love the opportunity to moan about something and since the match ended well - this is the alternative for a large amount of you.
[/quote]

How far ''in comparison'' from the linesman''s eye, was the lighter?.....

I''m not moaning, just giving an opinion and disgust on an incident yesterday.....and I''m unhappy about the repercussions that may follow because of the total idiot''s ''heat of the moment'' lighter lob.....And I do have foremost sympathy for the victim....

Even if I iz a gangsta.....innit.....

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"]Mike, why is it an over-reaction? Some guy threw a lighter. We''re all calling him an idiot. Seems like a pretty fair reaction to me. Really good to see universal condemnation for that tosser. I thought it said a lot about our fans that the atmosphere went so quiet after it happened. I think everyone was quite ashamed that a City fan would behave like that. I certainly was.[/quote]

It''s an over reaction IMO because no I''m not ashamed that one idiot lost his self control for one second & lobbed a plastic lighter at someone 30 yards away. These things occassionally happen in large gatherings, you deal with them & move on. No one I can remember has ever been badly hurt by a plastic lighter thrown from 30 yards.... I maybe wrong.

The culprit will be banned, rightfully so & we''ll all move on. The person that''ll feel this the most will be the clown who did it when the realise they can''t go to watch football for three years.

I for one did not sense any drop in atmosphere & we all seemed to be over it when the last minute winner hit the back of the net.

I''m only ever ashamed of my own actions, if I feel I have let myself down.

It''s sad that this is the largest thread on here (there again I am adding to it :o) & not one about Holty, or our spirit as a team, or the great "pop" at the end, or the disgusting tackle / assault on Fox, or the unfortunate injury to Leon, or Readings cynical approach to the game......

This isn''t the first time its happened this season, a bottle of water was thrown when Millwall scored in the last minute at the Den. A full bottle of water thrown from the upper tier could really do some damage, it just missed a photographer.

I suppose if we get a points deduction for the incident that will be OK, particularly if it costs us automatic promotion, and before you say that will not happen, how do you know?, we have already been fined for failing to control our players, the melee after the nasty tackle will not have gone unnoticed, coupled with this incident the football authorities may feel that imposing just a financial punishment is enough....

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]I suppose if we get a points deduction for the incident that will be OK, particularly if it costs us automatic promotion, and before you say that will not happen, how do you know?, we have already been fined for failing to control our players, the melee after the nasty tackle will not have gone unnoticed, coupled with this incident the football authorities may feel that imposing just a financial punishment is enough....[/quote]We won''t get a points deduction, stop trying to make more drama, where there is already very little. And the players kicking off and the lighter incident are in no way related, one is a matter for the FA, another for the police.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]I suppose if we get a points deduction for the incident that will be OK, particularly if it costs us automatic promotion, and before you say that will not happen, how do you know?, we have already been fined for failing to control our players, the melee after the nasty tackle will not have gone unnoticed, coupled with this incident the football authorities may feel that imposing just a financial punishment is enough....[/quote]We won''t get a points deduction, stop trying to make more drama, where there is already very little. And the players kicking off and the lighter incident are in no way related, one is a matter for the FA, another for the police.[/quote]That''s where you are wrong morty, the FA can punish the club for both incidents.

[quote user="Harry"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]I suppose if we get a points deduction for the incident that will be OK, particularly if it costs us automatic promotion, and before you say that will not happen, how do you know?, we have already been fined for failing to control our players, the melee after the nasty tackle will not have gone unnoticed, coupled with this incident the football authorities may feel that imposing just a financial punishment is enough....[/quote]We won''t get a points deduction, stop trying to make more drama, where there is already very little. And the players kicking off and the lighter incident are in no way related, one is a matter for the FA, another for the police.[/quote]That''s where you are wrong morty, the FA can punish the club for both incidents.[/quote]Of course I know that, but I doubt very much that they will. The club will fully cooperate with the police, and the fan will be dealt with by the police. If we had a track record of fan violence and incidents FA action would be much more likely.Of course absolutely anything could happen, but lets not all go running round shouting "The sky is falling in".

[quote user="Harry"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]I suppose if we get a points deduction for the incident that will be OK, particularly if it costs us automatic promotion, and before you say that will not happen, how do you know?, we have already been fined for failing to control our players, the melee after the nasty tackle will not have gone unnoticed, coupled with this incident the football authorities may feel that imposing just a financial punishment is enough....[/quote]

We won''t get a points deduction, stop trying to make more drama, where there is already very little. And the players kicking off and the lighter incident are in no way related, one is a matter for the FA, another for the police.
[/quote]

That''s where you are wrong morty, the FA can punish the club for both incidents.

[/quote]

It would not be a points deduction though, or we would all be off to QPR and Forest home games in their colours and start chucking things at officials..... LOL

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Harry"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]I suppose if we get a points deduction for the incident that will be OK, particularly if it costs us automatic promotion, and before you say that will not happen, how do you know?, we have already been fined for failing to control our players, the melee after the nasty tackle will not have gone unnoticed, coupled with this incident the football authorities may feel that imposing just a financial punishment is enough....[/quote]

We won''t get a points deduction, stop trying to make more drama, where there is already very little. And the players kicking off and the lighter incident are in no way related, one is a matter for the FA, another for the police.
[/quote]

That''s where you are wrong morty, the FA can punish the club for both incidents.

[/quote]

Of course I know that, but I doubt very much that they will. The club will fully cooperate with the police, and the fan will be dealt with by the police. If we had a track record of fan violence and incidents FA action would be much more likely.

Of course absolutely anything could happen, but lets not all go running round shouting "The sky is falling in".
[/quote]

Class

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Harry"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]I suppose if we get a points deduction for the incident that will be OK, particularly if it costs us automatic promotion, and before you say that will not happen, how do you know?, we have already been fined for failing to control our players, the melee after the nasty tackle will not have gone unnoticed, coupled with this incident the football authorities may feel that imposing just a financial punishment is enough....[/quote]We won''t get a points deduction, stop trying to make more drama, where there is already very little. And the players kicking off and the lighter incident are in no way related, one is a matter for the FA, another for the police.[/quote]That''s where you are wrong morty, the FA can punish the club for both incidents.[/quote]Of course I know that, but I doubt very much that they will. The club will fully cooperate with the police, and the fan will be dealt with by the police. If we had a track record of fan violence and incidents FA action would be much more likely.Of course absolutely anything could happen, but lets not all go running round shouting "The sky is falling in".[/quote]I haven''t  gone round shouting "The sky is falling in", I was just pointing out the FA could take action against us as well as it being a police matter.

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="Harry"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]I suppose if we get a points deduction for the incident that will be OK, particularly if it costs us automatic promotion, and before you say that will not happen, how do you know?, we have already been fined for failing to control our players, the melee after the nasty tackle will not have gone unnoticed, coupled with this incident the football authorities may feel that imposing just a financial punishment is enough....[/quote]We won''t get a points deduction, stop trying to make more drama, where there is already very little. And the players kicking off and the lighter incident are in no way related, one is a matter for the FA, another for the police.[/quote]That''s where you are wrong morty, the FA can punish the club for both incidents.[/quote]

It would not be a points deduction though, or we would all be off to QPR and Forest home games in their colours and start chucking things at officials..... LOL

[/quote]I didn''t say it would be a points deduction.

[quote user="Harry"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Harry"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]I suppose if we get a points deduction for the incident that will be OK, particularly if it costs us automatic promotion, and before you say that will not happen, how do you know?, we have already been fined for failing to control our players, the melee after the nasty tackle will not have gone unnoticed, coupled with this incident the football authorities may feel that imposing just a financial punishment is enough....[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Of course I know that, but I doubt very much that they will. The club will fully cooperate with the police, and the fan will be dealt with by the police. If we had a track record of fan violence and incidents FA action would be much more likely.

Of course absolutely anything could happen, but lets not all go running round shouting "The sky is falling in".
[/quote]

I haven''t  gone round shouting "The sky is falling in", I was just pointing out the FA could take action against us as well as it being a police matter.
[/quote]

Come on Harry of course he knows that. If you''re not careful this will all end up being about you and the magnificent dramas you create [;)]

[IMG]http://dominateyourserver.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/509610172_d46e6056e7_o.jpg[/IMG]

[quote user="Harry"][quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="Harry"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]I suppose if we get a points deduction for the incident that will be OK, particularly if it costs us automatic promotion, and before you say that will not happen, how do you know?, we have already been fined for failing to control our players, the melee after the nasty tackle will not have gone unnoticed, coupled with this incident the football authorities may feel that imposing just a financial punishment is enough....[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I didn''t say it would be a points deduction.
[/quote]

You''re right Harry, the FA can punish the club for the fans actions. Not sure there''s a precedent for a points deduction, But I remember those sharp cornered green cushions that used to rain down from the mainstand when the old boys wanted to show disgust. They would be fuelled by their half-time hot toddys and hurl the cushions at the ref, linesman, Lol Morgan and even at saviour Geoffrey Watling in the hallowed Directors Box. This behaviour brought the club a warning from the FA and threats of ground closure. If we''re still on probation after all these years we could be playing behind closed doors before the season''s out.[:@]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Harry"][quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I didn''t say it would be a points deduction.
[/quote]

You''re right Harry, the FA can punish the club for the fans actions. Not sure there''s a precedent for a points deduction, But I remember those sharp cornered green cushions that used to rain down from the mainstand when the old boys wanted to show disgust. They would be fuelled by their half-time hot toddys and hurl the cushions at the ref, linesman, Lol Morgan and even at saviour Geoffrey Watling in the hallowed Directors Box. This behaviour brought the club a warning from the FA and threats of ground closure. If we''re still on probation after all these years we could be playing behind closed doors before the season''s out.[:@]

Odd isn''t it how cushions and bog rolls were never treated the same. If only bog roll was hurled at Harte instead yesterday.

[/quote]

All manner of things have been thrown at players, managers and officials over the years. Does anyone remember Lee Marshall scoring against Watford around 10 years ago and celebrating in front of the Watford fans? I think anything that a football fan could possibly be carrying was thrown down on Marshall that night. The Watford fans were even throwing their shoes and I know for a fact that some went home with only one trainer. To this day I''m still not sure what it was all about, all I can think of is that Marshall had played for Enfield who could well be Watfords local rivals!