Sign in to follow this  
paul moy

A linesman was hit

In the Lower Barclay Block D, the stewards opened the gate after the winner, this led to a 4 year old falling through and hitting the floor, and before the game the group who I sit with was approached by some of the ''Chief Stewards'' in the Barclay and told that if we were seen standing up at innappropriate moments we would be ejected, and that we were being watched on CCTV, I do sit front row but I don''t stand up all game, just when we''re attacking, it seemed the stewards were being a bit OTT today, nevermind good 3 points.

Bloody hell, talk of over reaction! An idiot threw a plastic lighter, he was & will be dealt with and banned. It was hardly the bottle that was thrown at Bellars at Old Trafford! There are rules & the idiot will pay for it, no more no less. He''ll wake up & realise that he''ll not be watching his (or hers) beloved City for the next 3 years.

I could also suggest that by dealing with blatant cheating, as Harte clearly showed in Reading, the FA might have defused the need for idiots to exact revenge, which before people start foaming at the mouth, I''m not condoning.

Far more appalling in my opinion was the tackle on Fox to go with the one on Korey.

Reading are an odious little club.

Holty was rightly disgusted as were the rest of us hence the "Kick him out kick him out" chants.

Harte however did himself no favours by mouthing off...

[quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"]It killed our impetus. Had we conceded a goal from the break that Reading then took, it would have been the fault of the idiot in E block who threw whatever it was they threw at Harte.Tw@t of the highest order.[/quote]

Please tell me you''re not being serious?

If the club find the culprit, they should issue a lengthy ban, apologise to the match official and persue criminal prosecution (if deemed appropriate). We probably would still get fined by the FA anyway but what more can a club realistically do in these circumstances? You can''t have the fans in straight jackets the whole game. So hopefully common sense will prevail but I doubt it.

It happened right in front of me, looked like it hit Harte on the back and bounced into the lino''s face. Whoever threw it was clearly a moron and it was good to hear the Barclay singing "Get him out" and giving the culprit dogs abuse. I would ad though that the the lino''s reaction was worthy of Drogba or Ronaldo, there wasn''t much velocity left on it once it had bounced off Harte.

“We believe an object was thrown from the home section of the crowd,” said club spokesman Joe Ferrari. “We believe we have identified the perpetrator. The matter has been taken up by police. there will be no further comment at this time.”

[quote user="Bird Table"]It happened right in front of me, looked like it hit Harte on the back and bounced into the lino''s face. Whoever threw it was clearly a moron and it was good to hear the Barclay singing "Get him out" and giving the culprit dogs abuse. I would ad though that the the lino''s reaction was worthy of Drogba or Ronaldo, there wasn''t much velocity left on it once it had bounced off Harte.
[/quote]

I think it was the shock of an object hitting him that caused the reaction it did.

To pick up on WAY''s comment about the loss of impetus for us - this was definitely the case. The effect on the mood of both the crowd and the team was almost tangible.

This was caused because, as someone else on this thread pointed out, throwing objects hasn''t happened at Carra for years. The last time I can remember it was the scum derby from the early nineties when the Piswich pen decision was overturned. The lino that night got showered in all sorts of stuff.

As for happyclappycun & norwichwhite - you need some serious help.

Mike, why is it an over-reaction?

Some guy threw a lighter. We''re all calling him an idiot. Seems like a pretty fair reaction to me.

Really good to see universal condemnation for that tosser.

I thought it said a lot about our fans that the atmosphere went so quiet after it happened. I think everyone was quite ashamed that a City fan would behave like that. I certainly was.

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"]Mike, why is it an over-reaction?

Some guy threw a lighter. We''re all calling him an idiot. Seems like a pretty fair reaction to me.

Really good to see universal condemnation for that tosser.

I thought it said a lot about our fans that the atmosphere went so quiet after it happened. I think everyone was quite ashamed that a City fan would behave like that. I certainly was.[/quote]Spot on.Humiliating display.

The two blokes who ran on to the pitch were banned for three years

will this chap getter a lighter sentence ?

[quote user="City1st"]The two blokes who ran on to the pitch were banned for three years

will this chap getter a lighter sentence ?[/quote]Nice pun

All these calls to grass, shame we don''t get the same for our fans who throw bottles in the bar areas such as at Palace. It was stupid today and cannot be excused but there were contributory factors and cheating fukking players have to burden some of the responsibility for stirring up violent reactions. Same goes for players who gesture to the crowds, like Nugent, stirring up trouble from the safety of the pitch, again throwing something at him would be wrong but nevertheless understandable. It is so different from the days of you''re gonna get what Jimmy Rimmer got, I so hope we don''t turn up for the next game with a blue net in front of us. Nothing like giving one of your own fans abuse for getting carted out after the throwing incident and then he is back couple of mins later presumably innocent. We obviously got a lot of wangker innocent fans too I guess.

I sit in the e block three rows from the front and thought the stewards acted totally unprofessional towards the situation.

They singeled out one of the lads who sits next to us resulting him getting ejected and getting an absolute barrage of abuse from the rest of the barcley when it clearly came from much further back. This resulted in everyone else who sits round us give the stewards alot of abuse and realising their mistake brought him back in. Now this lad is the last person you would expect to do such a thing and was clearly upset from what had happened. Now I hope whoever threw the lighter gets a lenghty ban but I hope the stewards will issue an appolgie to the lad for totally humiliating him.

I sit right by the stairwell in E block and I unfortunately had a pretty good view of it. It seemed to be a blue plastic disposable lighter that as others have said appeared to glance off Harte''s shoulder before hitting the Linesman just above the eye. I''m 99.99% sure the lad who got chucked out originally and who the crowed were chanting ''throw him out'' to, was not the culprit as he was a couple of rows in front of me and I''m positive that it came from a few rows behind me.

Joe Ferrari has said that they believe that they have now identified the culprit and the matter is now in the hands of the Police. I too hope the idiot gets a lifetime ban, there is no place for behaviour like that in football.

[quote user="Drazen Muzinic"]

To pick up on WAY''s comment about the loss of impetus for us - this was definitely the case. The effect on the mood of both the crowd and the team was almost tangible.

[/quote]

That was me DM - no worries for getting us confused - just glad someone else recognised it has that effect on the team as well.

Frankly, I really couldn''t care less about this, lets face it, no one died and no one got pregnant.Yeah it was wrong, and the lad will get his just desserts from the police and probably never see a City game again ever, but do I really care if a lino was hit in the face with a lighter, not really.As somebody else said, if it hit Harte we would all be laughing our socks off about this.I think that there are certain people that are horribly offended because they think thats whats expected.

[quote user="morty"]Frankly, I really couldn''t care less about this, lets face it, no one died and no one got pregnant.[/quote]Yeah, but you could say the same about the Guildford Four or the Birmingham Six.

[quote user="morty"]As somebody else said, if it hit Harte we would all be laughing our socks off about this.[/quote]I certainly wouldnt be. And nor would the FA.Norwich fans are better than that..

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="morty"]Frankly, I really couldn''t care less about this, lets face it, no one died and no one got pregnant.[/quote]Yeah, but you could say the same about the Guildford Four or the Birmingham Six.[/quote]Hmmmm, do you think thats really a good comparison?Really?

[quote user="Trent Canary"][quote user="morty"]As somebody else said, if it hit Harte we would all be laughing our socks off about this.[/quote]I certainly wouldnt be. And nor would the FA.Norwich fans are better than that..[/quote]Are we really?I put it to you that we have a reasonable following of grotty little chavs and ex 80''s hard men amongst our ranks.

[quote user="morty"]Frankly, I really couldn''t care less about this, lets face it, no one died and no one got pregnant.

Yeah it was wrong, and the lad will get his just desserts from the police and probably never see a City game again ever, but do I really care if a lino was hit in the face with a lighter, not really.

As somebody else said, if it hit Harte we would all be laughing our socks off about this.

I think that there are certain people that are horribly offended because they think thats whats expected.
[/quote]

What if it had struck you or one of your kids?.....

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Trent Canary"][quote user="morty"]As somebody else said, if it hit Harte we would all be laughing our socks off about this.[/quote]I certainly wouldnt be. And nor would the FA.Norwich fans are better than that..[/quote]Are we really?I put it to you that we have a reasonable following of grotty little chavs and ex 80''s hard men amongst our ranks.[/quote]We certainly do, I was talking in generality (Is that a word? It is now..)  Anyway, the bloke will probably be banned for life/X years. His loss.

[quote user="norwichwhite"]fook off you knob.

suppose you will ask for protection on your trip to ER next week........ or will you be sitting on your sofa  tapping away at your laptop about the nawty leeds fans and how they scared the women and children................
[/quote]

I surpose you missed Harte with your Haribo piglet then, Have fun next week im sure take em all on, clear the stand & then wake up, by the way we''ll be playing in yella     

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="morty"]Frankly, I really couldn''t care less about this, lets face it, no one died and no one got pregnant.[/quote]Yeah, but you could say the same about the Guildford Four or the Birmingham Six.[/quote]Hmmmm, do you think thats really a good comparison?Really?[/quote]You may have missed the smiley face appended to my post.But for clarity, no I obviously don''t think that it''s a good comparison.

I think people need to take a little bit of perspective with this.The guy that threw the lighter will be punished, and rightly so, but it doesn''t make him (or her) a hooligan. It makes them someone that got too carried away and they will be punished for it. To be honest, I''ve been hit before when someone''s thrown something at someone else. It hit me, the person apologised, I accepted their apology, and went about my day. No dramas. I''m sure there''s plenty of people out there that would hark and cry and sue that person for as much money as they could get. People react in different ways. I''m sure it was thrown with no real intention of hitting either Harte or the Linesman but it did and that person will now pay the price for their mistake.The only real thing that annoys me about this is the fine that we will most likely receive. We keep getting fined left, right, and centre and that 50p lighter will probably turn out to cost the club a lot more than that.With regards to people playing devil''s advocate, anyone remember when Kieran Richardson got hit with a pie? That was hilarious and still gets talked about to this day on message boards and it even made it into the edp as a highlight of the season I believe. Now was that acceptable because there was no risk of injury because it was a pie? (possibly a cornish pasty)

I can''t believe how much people are going on about this. Whoever done it clearly wants attention and you all give it to him.The fact that this sort of thing happens on such a rarity shows how good our fans though. But when it does happen, we don''t need to discuss it endlessly. He''ll get punished and rightly so, but as Morty said, alot of us would have cheered if it hit Harte. And not the typical chavs or thugs, i think quite a few would have done at the time.He was an idiot, he''ll get banned. End of. This happens more often at other clubs, this is the first i''ve heard of us doing this for years.And Jas saying it ruined the entire game for him is a bit ridiculous....nothing could have ruined that game for me!

Perspective? "Who let the Fox out.....

What a pathetic analogy of the incident yesterday....I applaud the actions of those in the Barclay who identified the chump and I hope the idiot gets what''s coming to him.... If somebody threw something at a football match and it struck me and not the intended target and ''apologised''.....I certainly wouldn''t accept an apology - but would certainly report him/her to the stewards or police.

As I said mello, people react in different ways. For some people, all they need is an apology, for others, they need criminal procedures to take place. Some may say that trying to ensure criminal procedures for what is a trivial incident to be pathetic.I''m interested as to how it''s a pathetic analogy? Someone threw something at someone else, it hit me, I accepted their apology. Because I don''t feel the need to report them to the police it''s a pathetic analogy? Or is it because it happened at a gig and not at a football match that it''s pathetic?"Gets what''s coming to him?" What are you a gangster?