Sign in to follow this  
ZLF

Something positive

Another positive to come out of the game on sat is that it is the first point we have taken off any team in the top 7 sides - every other game, home or away, has resulted in a defeat.If you had asked me before the game on sat I would have taken a point, let alone in the dramatic circumstances that it actually occurred.We need to build on this, starting next Weds.There is hope for the season yet, despite the glaring shortfuls that we can all see in the squad.OTBC

We need the points wherever they come from. I hope they start this saturday, but IMHO, if we don''t win against West Brom then we''re relegated. If we can''t beat them at home who else can we beat???

I will second that ZPL.

Frankly, I expected a draw although hoped for a win. The day was worsened by all of our immediate competitors making up 2 points on us. Spurs, Liverpool, Man City - you let us down!!

But, there are positives. Thought the strike force played very well for a new partnership. And there''s a break until the next match when hopefully we can work on tactics as well as injuries healing.

But we must sort out midfield and defence. We''ve little room left for error going forward.

You''re right to highlight the positives Zipper but we''ve had so many of them this season- the second half performance at Man Utd, the comeback against Newcastle, the near-win against Spurs, the first win against Saints, the stirring win against Bolton, the ultimately fruitless comeback against Everton, the signing of Ashton, the emergence of Helveg, the 10 man rearguard against Pompey, the Jarvis goal against Liverpool. Good performances have abounded.

Despite all these positives we have still only won two games and we regularly make stupid mistakes in defence and lack movement in both defence and midfield. We can play 70 minutes and hold our own then in five minutes we are suddenly two down. While I will enjoy every minute of this season, the failure to beat West Brom (with games against Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelski still to play) would be almost certain relegation. But it won''t happen- we will win against West Brom and I''ll be there to do what little I can to urge them to a glorious vistory.