Sign in to follow this  
Capt_Canary

JIMMY KEBE - READING'S SUPERSTAR

Skillfull, with end product, pace and a real precense on the pitch. We could not cope with Kebe at weekend, exactly type of player we need on the flanks.

To be fair, he had good support in Long who made sure we had plenty on him, probably giving Kebe more space than he should have had.But still, he was quick and made Ward look a mug a few times. Probably would have been a different result if he had squared that other chance where Ruddy made a good save up high.

i thought kebe and long were very impresive, causing us problems all game!! long seem to win alot of headers agaisnt ward even tho ward is alot taller! b good to see long here tbh, cnt see it happing tho

[quote user="Captain Fantastic"]I thought we made Kebe look a lot better player than he probably is.[/quote]

This may not be what some people want to hear but Kebe looked dangerous throughout the first half because Drury was exposed down the left side because Lansbury was not tracking back.Lansbury is great going forward but his defensive duties when they are required are not part of his game as yet.

I thought Kebe was average, made to look better by a dodgy defence.

He went over so easily as well; people keep saying Holt goes dow easy but Kebe was more so.

Not a bad player though.

Kébé made both Long''s goals when Reading beat us 2-0 at home in our relegation season. Natural skill to beat the defender and then perfect crosses. Interestingly, looking just now at the video, when Kébé gets the ball for the second goal straight from a throw-in, dear old Doherty appeals for offside![:$] And they say it''s fans who don''t know the rules...[8-|]

I have been a fan of Kebe for a while now, and put on a good show against us. Federici was also very impressive, made some fantastic 1-on-1 saves and one from a Holt shot aswell.

cant quote but agree with TIL 1010, Lansbury not tracking back much exposed Drury which in turn drew out Ward - often leaving him in two minds much to the frustration of the crowd.

Judging from Reading fans views on 606 the performance we saw from Kebe isn''t one he displays on a consistent level.

[quote user="ThorpeCanary"]cant quote but agree with TIL 1010, Lansbury not tracking back much exposed Drury which in turn drew out Ward - often leaving him in two minds much to the frustration of the crowd. Judging from Reading fans views on 606 the performance we saw from Kebe isn''t one he displays on a consistent level.[/quote]I watched Reading when they played QPR recently and Kebe had a poor game.  Give him space to run at you, and he does look good, but QPR closed him down as soon as he got the ball that day.

During the warm uo Kebe''s finishing was awful. When the game started I was wondering what type of player he was? By his poor shooting I figured probably a defender. He looks like an Ethiopian long distance runner - skinny legs or what! Then he started to cause us problems - rode that Ward ''tackle'' (loose term) and set up Shane Long. Kebe did similar stuff in the second half. His first touch isn''t great, but I have to say he was effective.

He''s a bit of an odd one though!

Did anyone watch Kebe and think that maybe this is the kind of player we missed out on with Bennett? I thought he looked great, and if he happens to be nearing the end of his contract come the summer, might be a player we should go for, whether or not we get promoted. Perhaps he''d be too pricey though.

I do think his success against us on Saturday was a result of Drury bombing forward and generally being more advanced throughout the game than he would have been had we played a system with a wider midfield.