Sign in to follow this  
NCFC4LIFE

Players and Fans

I had to return to my friends house fairly sharpish after the late winner on Saturday to catch my breath before walking back to mine. He lives just round the corner from Carrow Road which was helpful because i was ready to keel over after the celebrations in the Lower Barclay, absolute madness.After we had caught our breath a number of things were talked about, but the one thing that sticks in the memory is something my friend said about the relationship between the players and the fans. Lambert has touched on it before but there is definitely a strong bond between us and them, stronger than I have ever felt before, even with the Worthington and Walker squads. I can only speak for myself but i get the feeling that when the players cross that white line not only do they play for themselfs and Lambert they play for the us. This is a stark contrast of the tenure of Roeder, Lambert has installed this into the squad and is probably down to his philosophy and the lack of loanees.It is a great feeling for a fan when you can relate so much to a football team and its individuals, especially in this day and age when this feeling is becomiong less and less due to the distance in wage and players status compared to that of the avergae fan.

A good post.The players look hungry for success and we have been starved of it for years.Lambert has got the whole Club from top to bottom reading the same menu.Long may it continue.

Yeah, nice post, don''t expect too many replies though, it''s not nearly reactionary or deliberately provocative enough.

I agree with you, the bond is very strong. You obviously get the fools who winge if every ball doesn''t instantly go forward but, to the main, the crowd stays with Norwich throughout games now. The team''s earned it because they just never, ever give up. I''ve seen us called lucky, but attacking until the game is over is not lucky. Manchester United have scored late goals for most of the last two decades, are they lucky too?

The mood amongst the club is not comparable to other regimes, it''s a great time to be supporting NCFC at the moment.

I completely agree, and did you see Lamberts celebration, ran on to the pitch like a man posessed, and crofts at the final whistle pumping fists towards all 4 stands! It''s great to see how much it means to them as well as all of us, and long may this feeling of togetherness continue. OTBC!!

I agree entirely NCFC4LIFE, there is currently a very special bond and a mutual appreciation that I have not seen of felt for a while. Saturday as with the Millwall game, I was praying for a winning goal that gave the players the rewards that merited the performance. I am sure that the celebrations by the management & players not only when the goal went it but , after the final whistle indicated that they felt the same way about the fans, its also what we deserved.

It’s a very special bond we have and one that I am sure is the envy of many clubs.

I heard one gentleman call in to canary call post game, who’s call was not to comment on the game, but congratulated the board and management on giving us something we have not had for a while A CLUB, he was spot on with that comment, a club united in its desire to compete, to win, to achieve what it deserves and in doing so pay back its phenomenal support.

It really is starting to feel like the championship winning season again, and long may it continue!

OTBC

yeah i agree, i think you see it in the celebations, i have never seen a group of players and management react to a win like we do at the moment, with lambert applauding the fans as well, its great to see. One thing i noticed when watching the highlights of saturday was Lansbury sirt of hi fiving the norwich fans as he ran past them after scoring, great to see, espicially in a day an age when it seems the football authorities are trying to prevent any mingling of the fans and players

[quote user="E Block Loyal"]

Yeah, nice post, don''t expect too many replies though, it''s not nearly reactionary or deliberately provocative enough.

I agree with you, the bond is very strong. You obviously get the fools who winge if every ball doesn''t instantly go forward but, to the main, the crowd stays with Norwich throughout games now. The team''s earned it because they just never, ever give up. I''ve seen us called lucky, but attacking until the game is over is not lucky. Manchester United have scored late goals for most of the last two decades, are they lucky too?

The mood amongst the club is not comparable to other regimes, it''s a great time to be supporting NCFC at the moment.

[/quote]Its this never die attitude and belief that emulates Chamipions like Man Utd, it makes me think that the players truely belief they can actually win this league. Everyone is talking about QPR and Forest being one and two this season but we are showing that we are still there or there abouts and if the players and Lambert belief which they clearly do then so should we.. I think the fans are slowly starting to as well.Maybe im getting ahead of myself but looking at our run in, we have a lot of home fixtures coming up that involve teams lower down the league and if we can continue our suberb away form then the top two beckons for City.I think like last season the Leeds game will illustrate how far this teams can go this season, if we go on to win at Elland Road who says we cant win the League.

p.s. the 94th minute winner against Reading was so crazy i saw a lad bleeding from the mouth obviously got clocked by someone. Although bleeding clearly from the mouth the large smile indicated that he did not care in the slightest that he had possibly had a tooth knocked out.. Legend

Sorry to be boring but just had to add my twopenneth. Absolutely brilliant post mate.

With some of the wanxxers we get on here it was just great to read it.

OTBC

Agree with everything on this post, I feel a pride in the team that I haven''t felt since we went up in 2004.  This team deserve everything they get cos they never give up and I just hope they get the rewards their efforts deserve at the end of the season.

My observation on this aspect is that the players and manager are now working for Norwich City the football team rather than Delia Smith the celebrity owner.Since she stepped out of the decision making the club has begun to get back to it''s roots.... and not so many are laughing at us now. Few pundits continue to refer to the club as "Delia Smith''s Norwich City".... instead concentrating on our bright young manager and his successful team.All it means is that you are beginning to getting your club back... back you should never have let Smith hijack it in the first place.

Having cluckwit shoving his nose in on this thread is rather like having Gary Glitter turn up at the local Primary schoool sports day

Still, as he says "you are beginning to getting your club back" - so perhaps we should have to learn to tolerate outsiders, however much they appear to dislike our club.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Totally agree with that too Mr Cluckbert.

I am in a very agreeable mood, must let the wife know![/quote]I''m always right Bury... You''ve just have to be in the right mood to absorb my brilliance. Keep it up!  [Y]

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Totally agree with that too Mr Cluckbert. [/quote]

Indeed Mr Yellow. It''s nice to see another poster who can appreciate that this great togetherness between the club and the fans cannot be enjoyed without making it very clear that Delia is not included. New blood such as your good self is now very important to us now since the rest of the purists seem to be embarrassed by the clubs success and have stopped posting. Glad to have you with us and don''t let the Pink Un bully-boys deter you[Y]

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Totally agree with that too Mr Cluckbert. I am in a very agreeable mood, must let the wife know![/quote]

Ah ha Mr Yellow, I do hope that Mrs Yellow enjoys your agreeabilty, and what larks to see you welcomed onto the board as "new blood" . All seems to be well this evening, Cluckbert is up to his mischief as usual , the little tinker. City1st has been mixing it with binners again (with hilarious consequences), and I still think that we are watching some of the most entertaining football seen at FCR for many a while. Luckily for us, and for our delight and delectation, we have those who described saturdays crowd as "absolutely pathetic", whilst others described a performance that yielded 14 shots on target as "average" . I can only surmise that neither esteemed poster was present in the days of Agent Hamilton when even I had to take Mrs Beard to Southwold to avoid anything to do with NCFC, and hand my season ticket to ne''er-do-wells until I was ready to come back.

Yes I agree wholeheartedly with the OP , and I must urge my fellow canaries to enjoy this to excess.