Sign in to follow this  
CharlieFarlie

Snakepit celebrations

Sorry if this has been posted or commented on before but what was going on at the front of the snake pit Saturday when Holt scored? It seemed like usual surge & running to the front by 20 or 30 people, with stewards rushing to form a blockade to stop individuals getting on the pitch to celebrate. But a minute or two into the celebrations (and after I had calmed down), I noticed one steward in particular was pulled away from the barrier (with some aggression) by his fellow stewards!

Was there some overzealous stewarding from this individual? Hence his colleague’s reaction to pull him away and stop him getting out of hand?

Did not know if anyone could throw some light on it, as it looked very suspect from where I was sitting.

I heard that one of the Stewards hurt his ankle in the celebrations so might of been him, didn''t see what was going on as I was to busy celebrating (not at the front, did that against the Scum and was buggered up after so stayed where my seat was).Could have been some overzealous stewarding though as some (not the majority) of the stewards in the Pit are OTT.

Possible , but he did not seem to be hurt, he was pitchside whne he was pulled back . Iwas celebarting as well but this was a little while after , I wondered if there was a bit of handbags, it waqs all very frantic down there at the front!

[quote user="CharlieFarlie"]

Sorry if this has been posted or commented on before but what was going on at the front of the snake pit Saturday when Holt scored? It seemed like usual surge & running to the front by 20 or 30 people, with stewards rushing to form a blockade to stop individuals getting on the pitch to celebrate. But a minute or two into the celebrations (and after I had calmed down), I noticed one steward in particular was pulled away from the barrier (with some aggression) by his fellow stewards!

Was there some overzealous stewarding from this individual? Hence his colleague’s reaction to pull him away and stop him getting out of hand?

Did not know if anyone could throw some light on it, as it looked very suspect from where I was sitting.

[/quote]Or did someone throw throw a lighter on it??? [;)]