Sign in to follow this  
Bill

We have bin found out

Was working with a couple of binners for part of this afternoon. Reasonable blokes with little of the usual ''gawd blimey we''re all cockneez dahn ''ere, innit'' or the endless drivel about grandads medals.

However they are convinced that much of our ''success'' is down to cheating. Whe I asked them how many City games they had seen the reply was they didn''t need to see the games, they had read the reports of other clubs fans.

Holt constantly dives to get penalties. Without those penalties we would be way outside of the play off spots ! City players surrounded the ref to get the Reading player sent off (I thought they surrounded the player) - as they have done all season (I did think to ask why did they not do it at every foul, the opposition would soon be down to 7 men)

It got better. As we score so many late goals one of our fans even threw a lighter at a player so that extra time would have to be added on. We get far more local TV coverage because Delia and Stephen Fry are ''telly people'' - how that helps our cheating I don''t know. We have avoided going into administration because the rules have changed on mortgae repossesions and this now helps us. I kid you not !

I can only suppose it gives them some kind of comfort, something to cling onto as an reason for our success and an explantion for their slow demise.

Oh, and the return match at poorman road will be a playoff decider !

"Reasonable"?How any of what they''ve said is indicative of an individual with an ounce of reason, i don''t know.

Reasonable, as in reasonable for suffolk ie set against the usual guff they spout

"ooh look at us, the mighty town"

I think the derby game will certainly have an even bigger edge to it, than is normally the case.

I''m certain that we will still be there barttling, albeit only playoff place f not automatic spot. They will see it as an achievement if they can block it in anyway - least while their fans will.

I can''t see too many of their players being that arsed. 21 of them are out of contract and not one has re-signed. Hardly a ringing endosement of their commitment to the club or the club''s commitment to them. Throw in the first night match for a long time and it could be very ''interesting''.

If the paupers get stuffed again I wonder what rustic nonsense they will come out with this time. Or, if we a such a bunch of jammy cheats how come that a ground with 17,000 farmhands will find an extra 13,000 for our visit ?

There are a couple of silly things like the lighter incident in what they say, but like it or not as much as i hate to say it there are a lot of clubs that feel exactly the same way about us / holt

Other teams are always going to think teams that score in the last minute are cheating somehow. Holt operates withing the laws of the game, there are lots and lots of players doing it world wide at the very highest levels. Of course if your an Ipswich fan and your players stand around watching the games pass them by like lemons, then they probably wonder why every other team doesnt follow their example.

I wouldnt pay any attention to what Ipswich fans think of us, it''s pure jealousy that we have the balance right at the momment and are competitive. Winning so many games in the last minute is bound to be winding them up, just as it always makes me swear if they get a last min equaliser or winner. We''ve done it alot this season but saying we''re cheating is because they''re not bright enough to look deeper into the reasons or accept that this season so far we the superior side.

Its not really about the late goals though is it , Warnock came out and called Holt a cheat on camera , Kenny Jackett also said as much , Burnley fans said they were disgusted with our antics throughout the game at Turf Moor and our bad reputation does seem to be spreading .Also we do tend to pile in around the ref after a bad tackle trying to influence a sending off in much the same way as Man Utd did a few years back , they were despised for it too .

[quote user="Ncfc"]Its not really about the late goals though is it , Warnock came out and called Holt a cheat on camera , Kenny Jackett also said as much , Burnley fans said they were disgusted with our antics throughout the game at Turf Moor and our bad reputation does seem to be spreading .Also we do tend to pile in around the ref after a bad tackle trying to influence a sending off in much the same way as Man Utd did a few years back , they were despised for it too .[/quote]I haven''t seen our players pile in around the Ref after a bad tackle, they pile in to stick up for their team mate against the aggressor and his team mates.

[quote user="Ncfc"]Also we do tend to pile in around the ref after a bad tackle trying to influence a sending off in much the same way as Man Utd did a few years back , they were despised for it too .[/quote]More ultra-negative twaddle from yourself. Are you ever happy with Norwich, or are you Selwyn in disguise?

[quote user="City1st"]Was working with a couple of binners for part of this afternoon. Reasonable blokes with little of the usual ''gawd blimey we''re all cockneez dahn ''ere, innit'' or the endless drivel about grandads medals. However they are convinced that much of our ''success'' is down to cheating. Whe I asked them how many City games they had seen the reply was they didn''t need to see the games, they had read the reports of other clubs fans. Holt constantly dives to get penalties. Without those penalties we would be way outside of the play off spots ! City players surrounded the ref to get the Reading player sent off (I thought they surrounded the player) - as they have done all season (I did think to ask why did they not do it at every foul, the opposition would soon be down to 7 men) It got better. As we score so many late goals one of our fans even threw a lighter at a player so that extra time would have to be added on. We get far more local TV coverage because Delia and Stephen Fry are ''telly people'' - how that helps our cheating I don''t know. We have avoided going into administration because the rules have changed on mortgae repossesions and this now helps us. I kid you not ! I can only suppose it gives them some kind of comfort, something to cling onto as an reason for our success and an explantion for their slow demise. Oh, and the return match at poorman road will be a playoff decider ![/quote]

I fear that I spend a little more time with our Bin-like Chums City1st and I must say that the "Holt is a cheat" routine has been in full swing for several months. Indeed, not only is GH a cheat, he is also fat, thick, useless and, oh yes, fat. In fact he is so Fat , useless, etc etc that he would never get into the ITFC team for only Connaught Wickhead can fill the shoes of that other "Bin-Boy Wonder" Dean Bowthorpe (what ever happened to him?).

It is a shame that they have seen through our ruse of deliberately throwing things at the linesman to buy us just enough time to sneakily score and then run into the changing rooms and lock the door. Damn tricky things, binners.

There`s nothing better than meeting a binner who`s so stupid he says exactly what you want to hear and you don`t even have to waste the energy taking the p*ss as they are doing it themselves :-)

"Its not really about the late goals though is it "

No, it''s about how much that passes for sensible debate is no more than ill informed twaddle. ncfc''s squeaks demonstrate that. He offers up in defence Warnock who is widely accepted as a poor loser, forever with the output set to, whinge. Kenny Jacket ? The same Kenny Jackett who tried to sign Grant Holt in 2005 when he was at Swansea, perhaps.

But his bleats don''t end there. We also have Burnley fans (a few website posts) . presumably the same Burnley whose team tried every conniving trick against City - including tying to kick them off the park.

That leaves another 20 plus managers and fans awaiting this ''spreading reputation''. Spreading sh!te from the likes of ncfc, more like. A poster whose ebery contribution serves only to confirm his anti City views. I''m sure we can all workout why he doesn''t like our club. Odd how no comment on the Reading managers thoughts on the red card, his own playing going down in the penalty box.

Perhaps ncfc might care to take a look at the games highlights on BBC and see whether the players "pile in around the ref " or the Reading player. Or maybe tell us whether his claim " they were despised for it too" is merely his hatred for us and our success.

Spot on City 1st. There truly are some toxxers on this board.

They are either bin folk or feel the urge to be contrary because they have small penises!

What do they want? Delia''s Canaries and Little Norwich who all other clubs love because we roll over? Well not any more buddy boys. Since Messrs Bowkett, McNally and Lambert have arrived we have become a proper professional football club. We play fair on and off the football field but we won''t be pushed around. We protect our own and dish it out if we have to.

Proud to be a yella!!

Ah City 1st , Norwich Citys very own Ipswich Crazee , so obsessed with the Binners you actually wonder whether one trod on his head when he was younger and gave him brain damage .He who''s opinion is always right , he who tells us how skint the binners are while they are signing players over a million pounds , come down out of your own backside man you are a joke .Whatever you may think , opposition managers and fans are calling Norwich and especially Grant Holt cheats , why is this Mr know it all ? maybe they have a personal vendetta against Norwich ? maybe they are all secret binners ,yeah i can see you buying that one thats right up your street .Remember a few years ago when City fans used to give Andy Johnson hell because everybody thought he was a diver , well it may surprise you and your limited thinking but thats how most opposition fans and managers see Holt .

City 1st and Burry Yellow are spot on. If others wish to twist the details to create the perception that the players of NCFC are cheaters, then let them. It''s simply untrue. Finally Norwich City FC have a backroom who knows how to coach the team to play tough and fight for every ball.Those who say that NCFC players are cheaters, do so simply because they have no other way of explaining our success. Those who say NCFC players are cheaters are idiots and I have no time for them, nor do I value their opinion.

Who really gives a f**k what other managers, players and other teams/ fans think? Do you really think Man U were bothered by it whilst winning the Premier league, FA cup, Champions League etc etc? So what if we are not all nicey nicey and our team has an edge to it now, we are winning games because of it, teams are intimated by us and our success that''s the only reason they are whinging about it. Put a cork in it and just enjoy it while it lasts! OTBC!!!

Some good posts on the subject on here. Let''s face it, we all like to think of our team as whiter than white, that we play the game fairly and it''s the only opposition who ever transgress the rules. The truth is that every team plays on the edge of the rules to gain the maximum advantage, be it moving forward a few centimetres after the ref has paced out a wall for a free kick, be it taking as long as possible to take a goal kick when your team is winning without getting booked, be it moving the advertising hoardings forward to stop Rory Delap''s throws...

In the modern game, if you don''t do these things then the only loser is you. I don''t particularly like it but that''s the way it is, and I certainly don''t want NCFC to be the ''everyone''s favourite second club'' pushovers that we have been in the past. I expect Grant Holt to get criticised by opponents, the reason why is because he wins games for NCFC, that''s all he cares about, and for us fans it is all we need to care about. It''s incredibly rich coming from Warnock or whomever else to cricitise him, when Warnock is in the fourth official''s ear for the entire game trying to sway future decisions his way.

As for Ipswich Town fans, I seem to remember their players and former manager surrounding the referee when he suspended that shambolic game in the snow against Leicester, when we all know if the score was still 0-0 they would have been happy to call the game off then. I don''t think they are in any position to say that they don''t try to bend the rules just as much as we do. Maybe the fact is that we are just better at it than them at the moment! Let''s also not forget the serial divers of their past, Pablo Counago comes to mind...

Just remember, the criticism we get from other clubs is purely to try to make us question ourselves, to try to destabilise us and prevent us from being as effective as we are being at the moment. We shouldn''t listen to a word of it, we are doing magnificently, we have a brilliant board and manager and whatever happens this season, I''m proud to be a city fan.

OTBC

[quote user="Lambert is King"]There are a couple of silly things like the lighter incident in what they say, but like it or not as much as i hate to say it there are a lot of clubs that feel exactly the same way about us / holt[/quote]Rubbish! How many times has Holt been ribbed,elbowed and shirt tugged the blind side of the ref,or off the ball,and not got anything? He was coming into this league a marked man due to his goal rep,and if hed has to play to the letter of the law,ie going down as soon as his ankle is touched,to get a decision, so be it.

"Ah City 1st , Norwich Citys very own Ipswich Crazee , so obsessed with the Binners you actually wonder whether one trod on his head when he was younger and gave him brain damage .He who''s opinion is always right , he who tells us how skint the binners are while they are signing players over a million pounds , come down out of your own backside man you are a joke .

Whatever you may think , opposition managers and fans are calling Norwich and especially Grant Holt cheats , why is this Mr know it all ? maybe they have a personal vendetta against Norwich ? maybe they are all secret binners ,yeah i can see you buying that one thats right up your street .

Remember a few years ago when City fans used to give Andy Johnson hell because everybody thought he was a diver , well it may surprise you and your limited thinking but thats how most opposition fans and managers see Holt"

Oh dear, I appear to upset one of our rustic neighbours - still at least he provides proof of what we have pretty much all known. He is a binner and they are not too bright. Million pound players - non league Drury, more like.

The intent of the thread was not to demonstrate how dumb the southern strawchewers are but to highlight how ''opions'' are formed. I doubt if the squeaks of sour grapes would be heard if we had spent much of the season struggling as the paupers have. Likewise there would be little comment were we still in league 1, stuck in mid table.

The binners in the original post are unable to accept how things are. Our success might just be down to the board appointing a chief executive, who appointed a manager intent on winning. It might be helped by having a fanbase that regulaly pulls in 25,000 plus at Carrow Road. Can anyone really claim that Clegg and Keane compared to that ? Lambert arrived after a 7 goal tonking and with virtually no change in the squad began the slow haul up the table. Keane took over a 8th (or so) position team, had four months to build, brought in plenty of new players, then began the long haul of 15 games to secure their first win ! Can you compare the fanbase ? Hardly. Nearly 10,000 less fans at poorman road 7/8,000 less season ticket sales.

As with any war it is the victors who write the story. In football it is the losers who put out the excuses. If it is cheating that causes us to win then what was it that caused the paupers to lose so many games last season (and this season) ? Did every other club cheat against them ? I think not. The were just better.

This alleged huge clamour will continue as long as you have fans looking to find a reason for their demise and an explanation for the success of other clubs. At times it will come out as the ridiculous tosh warbled by those two binners or the illogical bleats of our own binner ...... ncfc. Someone who might consider the word obssessive when asking himself what he was doing on another clubs board at quarter past two in the morning and hiding behind that clubs initials.

In conclusion the squeaks of a few should not detract from how well the club is doing and how well the players are performing. I don''t see the Reading manager calling us cheats or that they were robbed - merely acknowledged that Carrow Road is a hard place to come to and City will undoubtedly be there at the end.

And that''s what counts, not the endless whines of of the sad few.