Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

biggest cheats in football?

[quote user="Phyxius"][quote user="Darren Lamb"]Cheers for clearing that up, but still a bit of a glory hunter in my opinion. I don''t understand how you could passionately follow a club you''re not born from or do not currently live there, I know you say your grandad is a Leeds fan but most of my family are Spurs fans and from there and I couldn''t care less about them. I believe the only reason you support Leeds is because they used to be successful.[/quote]

I must disagree. I wasn''t born in Norwich, nor do I live there. I lived there for the greater part of three years with my grandfather from the age of 8-11. My Grandfather who was Norfolk born and bred took me to my first city games and instilled a love of city in me that still burns as bright today despite a rather fleeting association with the actual City.

My father was a Leeds fan all his life. Though he would regularly attend Norwich games with me before he passed. I guess it''s just good luck and good timing that i ended up a Norwich fan. But it never seems strange to me that i should support Norwich having not been born there, or having not lived there long at all.
[/quote]

[Y]

[quote user="Phyxius"][quote user="Darren Lamb"]Cheers for clearing that up, but still a bit of a glory hunter in my opinion. I don''t understand how you could passionately follow a club you''re not born from or do not currently live there, I know you say your grandad is a Leeds fan but most of my family are Spurs fans and from there and I couldn''t care less about them. I believe the only reason you support Leeds is because they used to be successful.[/quote]

I must disagree. I wasn''t born in Norwich, nor do I live there. I lived there for the greater part of three years with my grandfather from the age of 8-11. My Grandfather who was Norfolk born and bred took me to my first city games and instilled a love of city in me that still burns as bright today despite a rather fleeting association with the actual City.

My father was a Leeds fan all his life. Though he would regularly attend Norwich games with me before he passed. I guess it''s just good luck and good timing that i ended up a Norwich fan. But it never seems strange to me that i should support Norwich having not been born there, or having not lived there long at all.
[/quote]

Nutless Niggle will have a word with you.....You bleedin'' furriner!.....Gerroff his furtborl clarb!

[quote user="norwichwhite"]All my grandads side are from yorkshire and most still live there.

He''s a leeds fan so loves his name and has also met his namesake at ER.
my other son may has his mother to thank. he was born in the week we won the 1992 div 1 title and my favourite player was Batty......
did ask if she liked the name strachan but had to settle for a middle name of lee after chapman.
[/quote]

Not really his namesake though is he as you have spelt it differently

[quote user="mighty yellow"][quote user="Darren Lamb"]Cheers for clearing that up, but still a bit of a glory hunter in my opinion.  I don''t understand how you could passionately follow a club you''re not born from or do not currently live there, I know you say your grandad is a Leeds fan but most of my family are Spurs fans and from there and I couldn''t care less about them. I believe the only reason you support Leeds is because they used to be successful.[/quote]
Nice set of rules you''ve drawn up there for supporting a club. This Leeds fan is a bit of a dick, but you''re definitely worse. Smug twat.
[/quote]

Ok, having read my ''rules'' again they clearly make no sense and could come across offensive to a lot of our fans so I apologise for that. What I mean is, I don''t understand how you could passionately follow a club you''re not born from and you have never lived there. I know there is probably the odd exception to that too but it frustrates me that everyone seems to be a Man U fan or a Chelsea fan, and besides, I think we''re all entitled to having a bit of a rash comment at this Leeds fan as he was slagging off Grant Holt!

[quote user="Darren Lamb"]

[quote user="mighty yellow"][quote user="Darren Lamb"]Cheers for clearing that up, but still a bit of a glory hunter in my opinion.  I don''t understand how you could passionately follow a club you''re not born from or do not currently live there, I know you say your grandad is a Leeds fan but most of my family are Spurs fans and from there and I couldn''t care less about them. I believe the only reason you support Leeds is because they used to be successful.[/quote]Nice set of rules you''ve drawn up there for supporting a club. This Leeds fan is a bit of a dick, but you''re definitely worse. Smug twat.[/quote]

Ok, having read my ''rules'' again they clearly make no sense and could come across offensive to a lot of our fans so I apologise for that. What I mean is, I don''t understand how you could passionately follow a club you''re not born from and you have never lived there. I know there is probably the odd exception to that too but it frustrates me that everyone seems to be a Man U fan or a Chelsea fan, and besides, I think we''re all entitled to having a bit of a rash comment at this Leeds fan as he was slagging off Grant Holt!

[/quote]You can say what you like about Leeds. I have no interest in other fan''s ''opinions''. Me and my dad were both season ticket holders, and did the 5+ hour round trip for near enough every home game. I had to give it up for Uni, but my dad still goes.I don''t know my family tree any further back than great-grandparents, but they were Norwich fans. My great-nan used to listen to every game on the radio well into her 90s. Every member of my family who has even the remotest interest in football supports NorwichI myself wasn''t born in Norwich, nor have I ever lived there. However, I do consider myself a ''passionate'' Norwich fan. Just because you were born in a certain postcode, that makes you more of a fan than me?Banter is banter, just a shame that you''ve make such moronic comments. I''d hate this Leeds fan to think we were all as arrogant as you.OTBC

Ok, I''ve clearly explained my error and have clearly said there is the odd exception, like yourself. I do not see why you feel the need to swear and call me arrogant and then worry about what a Leeds fan thinks!? Pot kettle.....

I just feel you have come on here for an argument and some of your previous responses to other posters confirms this.

I don''t know about the biggest cheat, but the smallest was probabaly Maradona? About 5ft 6 I reckon?

And a word for Norwich White, the hitchhiking 50 year old Leeds fan with so many children that he has forgotten how to spell Larimer/Lorrimar/Lawrimer...Peter washisface. I wonder if his other pretend children are called Betty Bremner and Aled Clarke. Oh and Norman Huntingdon.

Did Norwich White actually even try to deny Leeds cheating/scummy antics under Mr Revie, after his first post??

''please explain how we cheated??????................ i can give you a list of how we were cheated....... but you first as you have brought it up''

The biggest cheats in football are the corrupt FA, the cynical owners of clubs and it''s shallow glory obsessed ''fans''.Rugby League survives perfectly well on small investment and limited crowds... so why the hype? Who gives a crap if the Chinese and USA want to watch our game? Who gives a crap if foreign players want to come over here and bleed the ''sport''? Who gives a crap that our national team is made up of second rate money grabbers relying on overseas players '' flair to make them look half good in the Premier League?Money money... bloody money. That''s what''s cheating football.

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]The biggest cheats in football are the corrupt FA, the cynical owners of clubs and it''s shallow glory obsessed ''fans''.

Rugby League survives perfectly well on small investment and limited crowds... so why the hype? Who gives a crap if the Chinese and USA want to watch our game? Who gives a crap if foreign players want to come over here and bleed the ''sport''? Who gives a crap that our national team is made up of second rate money grabbers relying on overseas players '' flair to make them look half good in the Premier League?

Money money... bloody money. That''s what''s cheating football.
[/quote]

[Y]I''d add FIFA and UEFA to that list as well.

Some of the biggest cheats used to be men with ''comb overs''.

Many fans genuinely believed that these chaps had a wonderful head of hair - only to see the comb over flapping in the breeze when they shot down the wing, as with the late Ralph Coates.

I got over the defeat at Wembley in ''73, but it took me many years to accept that the player who scored against us did not have a real head of hair.

[quote user="Darren Lamb"]Ok, I''ve clearly explained my error and have clearly said there is the odd exception, like yourself. I do not see why you feel the need to swear and call me arrogant and then worry about what a Leeds fan thinks!? Pot kettle.....

I just feel you have come on here for an argument and some of your previous responses to other posters confirms this.[/quote]There''s far more than the odd exception. If you know it isn''t true, then don''t say it. I don''t care what Norwichwhite says, just don''t want to be tarred with the same brush as you by anyone, irrespective of football.I rarely post on here, it tends to be reserved for talking about away games and responding to people like you who come on here and try to Lord it over people.I''m here to read opinions. It''s just that yours are so ignorant, I felt the need to say something.OTBC

Sorry, have I just made a comment that you have rightfully disagreed with and I''ve apologised for or have I killed someone? I really don''t see what your problem your problem is. You really are making a mountain out of a molehill.

[quote user="Darren Lamb"]Sorry, have I just made a comment that you have rightfully disagreed with and I''ve apologised for or have I killed someone? I really don''t see what your problem your problem is. You really are making a mountain out of a molehill.[/quote]Sorry if you think I''m being over the top, just every time you apologised you seemed to half try to justify yourself again. However, I''ll apologise for carrying it on so long, I don''t really want to fall out with anyone.OTBC

[quote user="Darren Lamb"]No problem. I would never intend to annoy a fellow fan or want to come across arrogant.[/quote]Well said.Me neither.  [Y]

" I would never intend to annoy a fellow fan or want to come across arrogant"

that''s half the fun of it !