Sign in to follow this  
Irn Bru Canary

Breakfast with Lambert

Attended above event this morning. Nothing earth shattering but nice to listen to a more relaxed and forthcoming lambert than we hear post match. Nice anecdotes, very complimentary of fans, Lampards goal was never over the line (and other good natured anti-English bias) and you got a real appreciation of how his time with Borussia Dortmund has helped shape him as a manager with the experience of having played there. When asked who in the team should go on Mastermind his answers were - Surman is like Trigger from Fools and Horses, Ruddy might be good if he talked and Crofts was too ugly. The upshot was that none of them would be any good. Well done to Chris Goreham for his questioning. All in all an excellent way to spend an early morning. Oh and he will only spend the 2 million if it is right for the club. Looks for all his previous teams results except Colchester!

[quote user="Irn Bru Canary"]Attended above event this morning. Nothing earth shattering but nice to listen to a more relaxed and forthcoming lambert than we hear post match. Nice anecdotes, very complimentary of fans, Lampards goal was never over the line (and other good natured anti-English bias) and you got a real appreciation of how his time with Borussia Dortmund has helped shape him as a manager with the experience of having played there. When asked who in the team should go on Mastermind his answers were - Surman is like Trigger from Fools and Horses, Ruddy might be good if he talked and Crofts was too ugly. The upshot was that none of them would be any good. Well done to Chris Goreham for his questioning. All in all an excellent way to spend an early morning. Oh and he will only spend the 2 million if it is right for the club. Looks for all his previous teams results except Colchester![/quote]

Saw that advertised for £30 so what did you get for breakfast and what time does it start and finish please?

Questions were written down over breakfast, collected and then asked by Goreham. Presumably those of a sensitive nature (the B word) could be removed although I got the feeling that he would have answered the question if it had been asked. When asked about message boards he said he hoped the players didn''t read them as they wern''t always helpful with the opinions voiced. he is very up for the match this weekend and definitely sees it as a revenge mission. He was asked if the touchline ban and the fine was worth it to be able to tell the referee what he thought of him. Touchline ban was hard but the fine "was worth every penny" Cant wait for the first 10 minutes on Saturday!

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Irn Bru Canary"]Attended above event this morning. Nothing earth shattering but nice to listen to a more relaxed and forthcoming lambert than we hear post match. Nice anecdotes, very complimentary of fans, Lampards goal was never over the line (and other good natured anti-English bias) and you got a real appreciation of how his time with Borussia Dortmund has helped shape him as a manager with the experience of having played there. When asked who in the team should go on Mastermind his answers were - Surman is like Trigger from Fools and Horses, Ruddy might be good if he talked and Crofts was too ugly. The upshot was that none of them would be any good. Well done to Chris Goreham for his questioning. All in all an excellent way to spend an early morning. Oh and he will only spend the 2 million if it is right for the club. Looks for all his previous teams results except Colchester![/quote]

Saw that advertised for £30 so what did you get for breakfast and what time does it start and finish please?

[/quote]

I was there too, and Irn Bru''s description is spot on. Very enjoyable and my opinion of PL (which was pretty high anyway) increased even further. To answer your question CA we had toast and croisants, followed by a full english, started at 7:30 for 8am, and then PL spoke from 9 to 10am.

Good organisation, PL seemed happy to answer anything, and great banter between Goreham and PL.

The Dortmund stuff was fascinating. PL described the players outlook in Germany, in contrast to British footballers as "a country mile" apart. German players are disciplined, regarded each game the same (as a "job") and of course the partying aspect is totally different. If you get a moment look at the team that PL was in that won the Champions League and you will see the type of company he kept at the time.

Also spoke very highly of Martin O''Neil. I get the feeling he uses a lot of the motivation techniques that O''Neil uses.

I should add that I was expecting about 30 or 40 people but to my great surprise the Top of the Terrace was full.

I get the impression Lambo and Goreham get on very well and bodes well for the essential relationship between club and Radio Carrot.

A very well presented enjoyable function.

A little Goreham quip - As we were overlooking the ground he mentioned that most of us have probably not seen the ground empty, unlike Ipswich supporters who witness Portman Road like this on match days.

Oi laffed

I''ve just got back to Warwick having been over in Norfolk for the breakfast and the Reading game.Really good event to be honest. Was apprehensive that Lambert was going to be quite closed, given the fact that he likes to keep players at arms length and his relationship with the media, but he was great.Breakfast was Sausage, Bacon, Eggs, Muffin, Croissant, Mushrooms, Toast or the veggie option. It was initially stated that all the profits were going to the transfer fund, but this was on the day that Michaels Foulgers £2m was announced, so I''m not sure how much they will need it.Three things struck me about Lambert. Firstly that he''s very funny, secondly that he''s humble and thirdly he''s very skilled at avoiding/turning around difficult questions.He spoke at length about winning the Champions League with Dortmund, but the way he spoke about it I got the impression he felt lucky to be on the same pitch as Sammer, Moeller, Sousa, Riedle, Zidane, Del Piero, Vieri et al.He skilfully handled the "Can Norwich match your expectations?" question, reversing it to "Can I match Norwich expectations" and then going on to say that one person was bigger than the club. Which was a great answer, whilst avoiding answering the original question :-P

His managerial approach seems to have been modelled on O''Neill/Clough -

he commented that whenever O''Neill showed up for training (which was

rare as Robertson/Walford handled it) it was like Darth Vader turning

up.

He was asked about motivating players, and said that his approach was to put an arm around them if he thought they had the ability. If they were a bad apple he''d have already moved them on. He was also asked about the infamous "hairdryer" treatment, and said every successful manager needed that in his locker. He told a Gordon Strachan story about Sir Alex Ferguson at Aberdeen, when he went went beserk at halftime and kicked a plate of sandwiches. One sandwich landed on a players head, and he was so terrified he left it there all throughout the rant.He told a funny story about Goran Maric (said he was a lovely lad but he had to move him on). He said he played him against Brentford , and he tried to control the ball resulting in him chesting it further than Lambert could kick it. He called him into his office, and Maric said that he would never get through 50 league games, to which Lambert replied "Don''t worry, you won''t get through 5"

Oh for an edit button - either that or proofreading properly :-PI''ve just got back to Warwick having been over in Norfolk for the breakfast and the Reading game.Really

good event to be honest. Was apprehensive that Lambert was going to be

quite closed, given the fact that he likes to keep players at arms

length and his relationship with the media, but he was great.Breakfast

was Sausage, Bacon, Eggs, Muffin, Croissant, Mushrooms, Toast or the

veggie option. It was initially stated that all the profits were going

to the transfer fund, but this was on the day that Michaels Foulgers £2m

was announced, so I''m not sure how much they will need it.Three

things struck me about Lambert. Firstly that he''s very funny, secondly

that he''s humble and thirdly he''s very skilled at avoiding/turning

around difficult questions.He spoke at length about winning the

Champions League with Dortmund, but the way he spoke about it I got the

impression he felt lucky to be on the same pitch as Sammer, Moeller,

Sousa, Riedle, Zidane, Del Piero, Vieri et al.He skilfully

handled the "Can Norwich match your expectations?" question, reversing

it to "Can I match Norwich''s expectations" and then going on to say that

no one person was bigger than the club. Which was a great answer, whilst

avoiding answering the original question :-P

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Did you enjoy the black pudding?

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

Did you enjoy the black pudding?

[/quote]

And that''s the trouble with you Deliarites....

All you care about is the cooking[:@]

Football is secondary to you people which just sums up how the sheep cling on to Delias apron strings ......

Life existed quite nicely before she arrived...and and it will again when she leaves. It''s about time you off the field catering and obsessed fans stood aside and gave the club back to the grass root fans.

Oh deary deary me..

[quote user="Diesel Doris"]As much as I would love breakfast with PL I have a feeling the eight or nine hours prior to breakfast would be MUCH more interesting.

[/quote]

Blimey! Pumping diesel for eight or nine hours. I reckon there''d be a full tank by the morning! [:D]