Sign in to follow this  
St.John Cooper

loyal suporters

There is a lot of talk about loyal supporters, people leaving before the end etc. I never leave before games, winning or losing I want to cheer my team on and watch the game to whatever conclusion it may come to.  However all this whinging about fans who leave, not being loyal is rubbish, they have paid their money like anyone else, and can if they so wish act accordingly. If they feel the team has let them down why should they not show their displeasure and leave. Their is no point in being blindly loyal, that is what a dog is.  We can think for ourselves, make our own decisions and if that is to leave when your team is 4-1 down at home so be it.  Lets face it we are going around like we won the game and while it showed great commitment to come back at the end of the day it is only a point.  We still let in 4 goals which is unacceptable at home or away, let us not forget this.  While its great to score 4 at home I am sure you would have all rather settled for a boring 1-0 home win.

We  have only won 2 games at home all season and still  every game is a sell out, that says something for the fans, even if some do leave before the final whistle....and come on this is not something new it has always happened whether you support Norwich, Man U, Chelsea or Arsenal, and not only when we or they are losing but often when winning people still leave before the end of the game.  So why not unite, get behind the team and supporters and stop criticising fans who at the end of the day want to see Norwich succeed as much as the next man.

OTBC

St.John

My mum likes going but can''t do the steps very quickly and gets knocked around in the crowds outside. So when I take her (which is not very often) she likes to leave a bit early so she doesn''t get knocked over at the end. I think that''s fair enough and her loyalty is not open to any doubt.

At last , a balanced view of the proceedings at Norwich City Football Club on the historic date of January 22nd 2005. 

You my friend , should run for parliament.

Very well written !!!!!!!!

I''ve never left before the end of a game before. There are however two times when I''ve come close...

1) When Norwich lost 4-0 to Wimbledon in 1989 or something

2) When Norwich lost 6-2 to Nottingham Forest the following season.

As I have said on countless occasions on other threads regarding this very "hot" topic, I can see it from both sides.  

As Tumbleweed says, his mother cannot do stairs very quickly and leaves early so she doesn''t get knocked over.

My friend sits in the upper River End and leaves early as she has a disabled passenger to pick up.  She always leaves early for that reason.  She missed the goals through doing something to help somebody else.   I don''t think her loyalty to the Club comes in to it??!!

but.....

I just think it was the AMOUNT of people leaving that brought it to the attention of everyone else left in the stadium.  You will always get the odd ones (as above) and the ones who want to beat the traffic who leave but they didn''t (probably) leave for that reason Saturday.

Lets try and remember Saturday as the mighty comeback of the Canaries and not the mighty walkout!! 

I have made comments about loyality on other boards perhaps they were in the heat of the excitement....me and my mate are both disabled.. we sit front row of barclay..always stay to the end.. for two reasons   support.... and plus  many have gone and hobbling out is easier.....

Does it really matter? Those who walk out can do so if they like, it''s their ticket and their money.

If the score had stayed 4-1 and we had lost, would the ones who left before the end be now berating the ones who stayed? I don''t think so.

Those who stayed and sang their hearts out for the lads should just take pride in the knowledge that they are amongst the most loyal fans in the football league and leave it at that