Sign in to follow this  
alysha

Come On Scunthorpe!

well done Scunny, and well done Nelson and Hughes...

Massive weekend in the championship, please Norwich, Please beat those dirty northerners...

I had a feeling (and posted it) that Scunny would take Forest tonight. Forest now have Cardiff at home with suddenly only one point in two games.

Michael Nelson!  The man has the heart of a lion. He will be doubly delighted tonight and will no doubt be getting a tweet from Holty.

Well done Nels! 

[IMG]http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd347/barclayendchoir/petergriffincelebrate.gif[/IMG]

could tonight actually gone any better!? with 3 games in hand on us at end of sat now down to one and we are still a point ahead, i never imgained that would of happened, and bugger there game in hand, they have to come to the mighty carrow road!!!!

deee-lighted! well done Nelson and co''!

It''s going to be like Andy Linighan in 92''/93'', we sold him to another team so he could help us out.

Man of the Match Michael Nelson [:D] Bet he plays a significant part in keeping them up this season along with Andy Hughes who also played a blinder according to commentary team.

Just shows before last night''s games most of us were thinking that we would be 3 and 5 points behind 2nd and 3rd with the games in hand played. Now at worst we will be 2 points off automatic.

Having said that everything could change again after Saturday, but here is hoping.

Was clearly a mistake letting him go unless we got decent money, which I doubt! But by the sound of it he has effectively taken three points off forest !

that proves yet again to the disbelievers that points on the board are worth more than games in hand[:P] 

I think the issue was the length of contract he wanted and probably that Lambert couldn''t guarantee him a starting place.

I personally see Forest fading now.Their schedule looks like:Feb: 13th (d), 16th (l), 19th, 22nd, 26th

March 1st, 5th, 8th, 12th

That''s 9 games in 1 month!!!I don''t care how good they are as a team, no one can

maintain their fitness and form at the level required to contend for

that length of time. They surely will drop more points along the way.

Was gutted we sold him but was probably more of a case of him wanting final pay off, regualar football (which he should''ve been getting here), blah blah blah.

Really pleased for him and I would go as far to say that I hope he scores against us at Carrow Road (but only if we win still [;)])

They have Cardiff on Sat so a draw would be good for us [:)]

Still cant get over Nelson being man of the match [:)]

[quote user="milehicanary"]I personally see Forest fading now.

Their schedule looks like:

Feb: 13th (d), 16th (l), 19th, 22nd, 26th
March 1st, 5th, 8th, 12th

That''s 9 games in 1 month!!!

I don''t care how good they are as a team, no one can maintain their fitness and form at the level required to contend for that length of time. They surely will drop more points along the way.
[/quote]

Exactly, and they have a Cup run to thank for that, whereas we sensibly eliminated ourselves early on .... LOL

Maybe it was genius by lambert! Look at scunthorpes remaining fixtures?? Forest again, QPR, Swansea, Reading and Leicester!! Nelson could still give us a big hand going up!

We still need to win our games and every one from now on is tough . What tonight has proved is never underestimate a team at the bottom when time is running out and they are fighting for their lives , all those easy looking home games will be a lot tougher than many are expecting.

I think it wouldnt just be the money he left for, he wants to be playing each week, i think especially how he puts himself on the line that he would always be desperate to be in the thick of things not sat on the bench. Ideal player for a team scraping for survival. Still shows imo that a player who knows his limitations but has a huge heart can play above more technically gifted players. Lets hope he helps scunthorpe take points off the other promotion teams and give it a real fight.

I think the fact is that Scunny offered him a 2 1/2 year deal whereas he was out of contract with us in the summer, and let''s face it, if we get promoted this year then it''s unlikely that he would have got another contract with us, and so Lambert felt it only fair to give him the security of a decent deal at his age. Plus we got a few quid for him.

Brilliant stuff tonight from the Admiral though, I for one will give him a great reception at Carrow Road in a few weeks time, the one game where I won''t be wishing him well. Top man.

Listened to the Scunthorpe v Forest game tonight and it sounded like he had a quality game. He made a couple of crucial tackles to get scunny the 3 points. His performance tonight got him man of the match and im pleased that he''s managed to settle in well at his new club. Top pro.