Sign in to follow this  
Canary1902

Lansbury & the £2m Transfer fund?

I haven''t been online for a few days so forgive me if this has already been discussed

Does anyone else agree that Lambert should attempt to sign Henri on a permanent basis, especially with the boost of cash we have just received?

Lansbury is held in very high regard at the Emirates and i can''t see wenger letting him go, and if he did he wouldnt come cheap

2 million wouldn''t be enough, i think you''d 2-3 times this at least!

and i''ve been impressed by him yes, but i don''t think he''s worth 2 million at the moment..

[quote user="shiplee15"]Lansbury is held in very high regard at the Emirates and i can''t see wenger letting him go, and if he did he wouldnt come cheap

and i''ve been impressed by him yes, but i don''t think he''s worth 2 million at the moment..[/quote]I know what these kind of rumours normal get, in terms of response but my friend said that he was chatting to Lansbury on a night out and he loves the area and wantas a permanent switch to Carrow Road, he also indicated that Aresnal are ready to smack a whooping £5.5 million price tag on him!!

[quote user="shiplee15"]Lansbury is held in very high regard at the Emirates and i can''t see wenger letting him go, and if he did he wouldnt come cheap

and i''ve been impressed by him yes, but i don''t think he''s worth 2 million at the moment..[/quote]I know what these kind of rumours normal get, in terms of response but my friend said that he was chatting to Lansbury on a night out and he loves the area and wantas a permanent switch to Carrow Road, he also indicated that Aresnal are ready to smack a whooping £5.5 million price tag on him!!

Arsenal definitely don''t need to be selling anyone and even if they think he only has a slim chance of making it in their 1st team they wait and see for another couple of years before looking to move him on.

[quote user="shiplee15"]Lansbury is held in very high regard at the Emirates and i can''t see wenger letting him go, and if he did he wouldnt come cheap 2 million wouldn''t be enough, i think you''d 2-3 times this at least! and i''ve been impressed by him yes, but i don''t think he''s worth 2 million at the moment..[/quote]

A 20 year old coming into a successful team, 9 appearances, 2 assists and 2 goals shows he is on the right track.

Young players being "highly rated" is a bit of a cliché.

However, something that I think is worth considering, is Henri Lansbury anymore "highly rated" than Andrew Surman was a few seasons back when he was coming through at Southampton and getting in the England U21 squad?

I suspect Henri Lansbury is more of an Andrew Surman than he is a Cesc Fabregas - if you catch my drift.

[quote user="Big Slob"]That''s rubbish NCFC4LIFE do you really think a 20 year old would prefer Norwich to London?[/quote]

Not all youngsters prefer the bright lights, and hussle of the smoke. Some go for the opposite.

Although not a Norwich resident nowadays, I get the impression there is plenty going on for twenty year olds  there in any case..... and all those lovely young Norfolk girls to boot .

[quote user="Big Slob"]That''s rubbish NCFC4LIFE do you really think a 20 year old would prefer Norwich to London?[/quote]

bang on!

(hence why I used to see lots of former player on the sat evening train with their girlfriends or pal for a nightout)

We should be aiming at the older lot like Peters, Channon, and er? John Hartson? ;0)

£2m for Lansbury is probably about right, if a little expensive.Scott Sinclair signed for less than a million from Chelsea and is a better player.

" and all those lovely young Norfolk girls to boot "

is that a euphimism ?

[quote user="Raymond Getärd"]

[quote user="shiplee15"]Lansbury is held in very high regard at the Emirates and i can''t see wenger letting him go, and if he did he wouldnt come cheap 2 million wouldn''t be enough, i think you''d 2-3 times this at least! and i''ve been impressed by him yes, but i don''t think he''s worth 2 million at the moment..[/quote]

A 20 year old coming into a successful team, 9 appearances, 2 assists and 2 goals shows he is on the right track.

[/quote]

Yea, don''t get me wrong, i''m not saying he isn''t. Just saying, at this moment, he isn''t

Am I correct in saying he was on our books as a kid and Arsenal took him? 

[quote user="mighty yellow"][quote user="JF"]Am I correct in saying he was on our books as a kid and Arsenal took him? [/quote]Yes you are![/quote]If this is true im surprised i have not seen it mentioned on this board before, may have just missed it though. Still Arsenal will not be letting him go yet i don''t think, hes played more games there than a few other guys his age in the set up at Arsenal and Wenger is focusing a lot on bringing English talent through at the moment

Whilst I think Lansbury is a good player, I don''t think he is as good as a lot of people make him out to be (yet, he''s still young) , I think we have a better player in Surman if i''m honest, but I''d still be delighted if we signed Lansbury!

He will be fighting to start for Arsenal next season. Any player good enough to possibly make their starting 11, and being only 20 years old is worth far far more than 2 million. He won''t come here and nor should he. He will be playing in the Champions League next year. Lets just enjoy him while we have him a la Crouch.

[quote user="NCFC4LIFE"][quote user="shiplee15"]Lansbury is held in very high regard at the Emirates and i can''t see wenger letting him go, and if he did he wouldnt come cheap

and i''ve been impressed by him yes, but i don''t think he''s worth 2 million at the moment..[/quote]I know what these kind of rumours normal get, in terms of response but my friend said that he was chatting to Lansbury on a night out and he loves the area and wantas a permanent switch to Carrow Road, he also indicated that Aresnal are ready to smack a whooping £5.5 million price tag on him!! [/quote]

Wouldnt be surprised if this was true (The Lansbury loving the area bit). He came from here originally and is clearly loving playing regularly having the equivalent status of someone like Walcott/Nasri or Arshavin (when he was playing well). He looks impressive but not someone who''ll be challenging for an Arsenal starting 11 place anytime soon imo. There has been debate on here as to where he would fit into our midfield with Surman, Hoolahan, Crofts, Fox, Korey etc so how much chance has he got up against Nasri, Arshavin, Fabregas, Walcott, Song, Wilshere and even Denilson, Bendtner and Ramsey. Also any players Wenger brings in.Not much to be judging anything on but also his celebrations seems more than from a usual loan signing. Both goals against Millwall he really interacted with the fans (last min goal i know would make any player celebrate that bit more but still..) and his goal against Reading he was doing the cliched pump-the-badge celebration which is normally shown by a player whos had transfer rumours in the press away from the club (Fabregas did a lot last season), a new signing wanting to show his allegiance or a long-term player reminding the fans how much he loves the club (Terry when he manages to score). Laughed off as an empty gesture usually, but from a loan player who really has no need to do it? I think hes simply loving playing football every week, in front of a (mostly) full ground and being a real key player in the squad unlike one of the reserves at Arsenal. Given the choice of Norwich in the championship/possibly Premiership or

Arsenal challenging for the title and in the champions league its

obvious where he''d want to be playing, just whether he can impress

enough to fight for a place.However, as was said before, is Lansbury still a hot prospect for Arsenal or should he be fighting for a place in the starting 11 already if hes to stand any chance of getting into the team ever? How old were Fabregas, Wilshere, Walcott when they got into the starting team or on the bench? 21 this year, next season could be a big one for him in terms of where he fits in. If he doesnt fit in, this loan spell might have a say as to where he ends up when fighting off other clubs trying to buy/loan him.So, am probably being way too optimistic, and we''d have to be in the prem next season to stand any chance (another Bentley loan deal could happen) but Lansbury being a City player for more than just this season could be a possibility.

[quote user="Persnickety"][quote user="NCFC4LIFE"][quote user="shiplee15"]Lansbury is held in very high regard at the Emirates and i can''t see wenger letting him go, and if he did he wouldnt come cheap

and i''ve been impressed by him yes, but i don''t think he''s worth 2 million at the moment..[/quote]I know what these kind of rumours normal get, in terms of response but my friend said that he was chatting to Lansbury on a night out and he loves the area and wantas a permanent switch to Carrow Road, he also indicated that Aresnal are ready to smack a whooping £5.5 million price tag on him!! [/quote]

Wouldnt be surprised if this was true (The Lansbury loving the area bit). He came from here originally and is clearly loving playing regularly having the equivalent status of someone like Walcott/Nasri or Arshavin (when he was playing well). He looks impressive but not someone who''ll be challenging for an Arsenal starting 11 place anytime soon imo. There has been debate on here as to where he would fit into our midfield with Surman, Hoolahan, Crofts, Fox, Korey etc so how much chance has he got up against Nasri, Arshavin, Fabregas, Walcott, Song, Wilshere and even Denilson, Bendtner and Ramsey. Also any players Wenger brings in.Not much to be judging anything on but also his celebrations seems more than from a usual loan signing. Both goals against Millwall he really interacted with the fans (last min goal i know would make any player celebrate that bit more but still..) and his goal against Reading he was doing the cliched pump-the-badge celebration which is normally shown by a player whos had transfer rumours in the press away from the club (Fabregas did a lot last season), a new signing wanting to show his allegiance or a long-term player reminding the fans how much he loves the club (Terry when he manages to score). Laughed off as an empty gesture usually, but from a loan player who really has no need to do it? I think hes simply loving playing football every week, in front of a (mostly) full ground and being a real key player in the squad unlike one of the reserves at Arsenal. Given the choice of Norwich in the championship/possibly Premiership or

enough to fight for a place.However, as was said before, is Lansbury still a hot prospect for Arsenal or should he be fighting for a place in the starting 11 already if hes to stand any chance of getting into the team ever? How old were Fabregas, Wilshere, Walcott when they got into the starting team or on the bench? 21 this year, next season could be a big one for him in terms of where he fits in. If he doesnt fit in, this loan spell might have a say as to where he ends up when fighting off other clubs trying to buy/loan him.So, am probably being way too optimistic, and we''d have to be in the prem next season to stand any chance (another Bentley loan deal could happen) but Lansbury being a City player for more than just this season could be a possibility.[/quote]Lansbury is from Enfield.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="Persnickety"][quote user="NCFC4LIFE"][quote user="shiplee15"]Lansbury is held in very high regard at the Emirates and i can''t see wenger letting him go, and if he did he wouldnt come cheap

enough to fight for a place.However, as was said before, is Lansbury still a hot prospect for Arsenal or should he be fighting for a place in the starting 11 already if hes to stand any chance of getting into the team ever? How old were Fabregas, Wilshere, Walcott when they got into the starting team or on the bench? 21 this year, next season could be a big one for him in terms of where he fits in. If he doesnt fit in, this loan spell might have a say as to where he ends up when fighting off other clubs trying to buy/loan him.So, am probably being way too optimistic, and we''d have to be in the prem next season to stand any chance (another Bentley loan deal could happen) but Lansbury being a City player for more than just this season could be a possibility.[/quote]Lansbury is from Enfield.[/quote]But was at Norwich as a schoolbot link

[quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="Persnickety"][quote user="NCFC4LIFE"][quote user="shiplee15"]Lansbury is held in very high regard at the Emirates and i can''t see wenger letting him go, and if he did he wouldnt come cheap

enough to fight for a place.However, as was said before, is Lansbury still a hot prospect for Arsenal or should he be fighting for a place in the starting 11 already if hes to stand any chance of getting into the team ever? How old were Fabregas, Wilshere, Walcott when they got into the starting team or on the bench? 21 this year, next season could be a big one for him in terms of where he fits in. If he doesnt fit in, this loan spell might have a say as to where he ends up when fighting off other clubs trying to buy/loan him.So, am probably being way too optimistic, and we''d have to be in the prem next season to stand any chance (another Bentley loan deal could happen) but Lansbury being a City player for more than just this season could be a possibility.[/quote]Lansbury is from Enfield.[/quote]But was at Norwich as a schoolbot link

[/quote]He was at the Hatfield satellite academy for about one year (if that).

What a load of nonsense.

Anyone who follows Lansbury on Twitter can tell he doesn''t want a move here.

He darts back to London at every opportunity and is very keen to be associated with Arsenal and not Norwich.

The guy who spoke to him on a night out is talking utter bollox.