Sign in to follow this  
Captain Fantastic

Evans coming back?

Before everyone starts I''ve never made a rumour on here before, I''m just sharing what a Sheff Utd fan has told me, got a message this eve to say Evans is coming to Norwich on loan, hasn''t been in training and isn''t injured or anything and didn''t feature last night at all, they''ve heard this because they talk to one of the reserve players. I aplogise if it doesn''t happen but just thought i''d share what I heard.

yeah I think someone else posted that he didn''t feature last night but wasn''t injured, I''m not getting my hopes up, but good news if true

Also heard this, wasn''t going to say anything in case it turned out to be BS though. Could be something in it with Sheffield United signing Vokes on loan on Monday to add to Evans, Bent, Cresswell and Bogdanovic (sp?). Evans pulled out of the Wales squad last week due to an unspecified illness and hasn''t been in either of the last 2 Sheffield United squads for the same reason.

Fingers crossed this turns out to be true...

I reckon we are holding out until all loan players are eligible for play-offs, some point next week I think.

If the Bennett and Evans rumours are true then they could be the final pieces of our promotion to the Prem jigsaw.

Only thing is this would seem more likely if he hadn''t of pulled out of the Wales squad just Sheffield United, but because he pulled out of both suggests that maybe he is just ill and there is nothing in it. Also as we like him when he was here in the past we like to believe that there is some truth in it but we must remember Lambert hasn''t had this so would he be really wanting Evans like we do?...(if that makes any sense?)

Would be good news if it''s true, really liked him when he was here before.

But would the Blades let him go when they are battling against relegation?

[quote user="canary_girl"]Only thing is this would seem more likely if he hadn''t of pulled out of the Wales squad just Sheffield United, but because he pulled out of both suggests that maybe he is just ill and there is nothing in it. Also as we like him when he was here in the past we like to believe that there is some truth in it but we must remember Lambert hasn''t had this so would he be really wanting Evans like we do?...(if that makes any sense?)[/quote]Makes perfect sense to me.Can''t see it to be honest. Although I would be delighted if it happens

Micky Adams in his interview for the sheffield star claims Evans was taken ill yesterday which has prompted him to move for Volkes. Read into that what you may. I woould like him back but suspect we are clutching at straws

As much as i would LOVE to see him back i can''t see it happening.

Sheffield United are stuck in a relegation battle and are likely to let a striker as good as Ched leave unless he has asked to leave

The fact he pulled out of the Wales squad suggests he was ill or had a slight injury.

If it happens i''ll be more than happy to admit i''m wrong but i don''t think it would happen

Harry - a little piece of it came here 9 years ago when I did! I already have many football fans over here looking out for our results and texting me when they see the scores! I''ve never seen another City shirt around here (apart from away to Cardiff and the playoff final!). I won''t be happy until I do!

Hmmmm, not sure on this one. I used to rate him highly, but he has gone off the boil in recent times, but whether thats him, or just playing in a poor team I''m not sure.Not sure where he would fit in, I would most liken him to Chris martin in style, with a bit more physicality.Yeah, I reckon it could probably work.

Maybe he is on top wages and Shef Utd want him out. If they get Vokes, I can see him coming. Dodgy rumours, but get Bennett and Evans on loan until the end of the season, I would be a happy man, maybe some cover for Barnett too.

[quote user="shiplee15"]As much as i would LOVE to see him back i can''t see it happening. Sheffield United are stuck in a relegation battle and are likely to let a striker as good as Ched leave unless he has asked to leave The fact he pulled out of the Wales squad suggests he was ill or had a slight injury. If it happens i''ll be more than happy to admit i''m wrong but i don''t think it would happen[/quote]

100% bang on, its not happening.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]i''d certainly buy him end of season if we go up.[/quote]

what you personally? we will hold you to that Nana [:P]

[quote user="alysha CG"]

[quote user="I am a Banana"]i''d certainly buy him end of season if we go up.[/quote]

what you personally? we will hold you to that Nana [:P]

[/quote]

.....i may need a pay rise, just to cover his 1st weeks pay [;)]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="shiplee15"]As much as i would LOVE to see him back i can''t see it happening. Sheffield United are stuck in a relegation battle and are likely to let a striker as good as Ched leave unless he has asked to leave The fact he pulled out of the Wales squad suggests he was ill or had a slight injury. If it happens i''ll be more than happy to admit i''m wrong but i don''t think it would happen[/quote]

100% bang on, its not happening.

[/quote]Ahh OK. We can put this one to bed then. The forum''s expert has spoken...[^o)]

Well Sheff Utd have just got Sam Vokes in on loan and are trying to land Harewood from Blackpool too so you never know , seems very unlikely to me though .

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]My mate just texted me and said he seen him at the Shell garage[:O][/quote]

Leroy Lita?

Derby have just got Sheffield United striker Jamie Ward on loan with a view to permenent; I guess this is the player making way then, not Evans

Muddy funster, i moved here 7 years ago from my beloved Norwich, still get to see around 9 or10 games a season, let me know where you are, maybe we could arrange a meeting, O.T.B.C.

[quote user="Alex"]

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]My mate just texted me and said he seen him at the Shell garage[:O][/quote]

Leroy Lita?

[/quote]Leroy 125.9p a Lita?