Sign in to follow this  
scrappy33

Cross bar challenge

Where do they get these people from? One young chap didn''t seem to even take his hands out of his coat pockets, I could of done better in my socks lol

the club dont want to give out prizes. so pick people who cant get the ball in the air [:P]

People who wear boots are the worst and they still can''t get it in the air [;)]

[quote user="scrapy33"]Where do they get these people from? One young chap didn''t seem to even take his hands out of his coat pockets, I could of done better in my socks lol[/quote]Yesterdays bunch must have been the worst ever, they were so bad I thought they were trying not to hit the crossbar.

I had a go at it last season & failed miserably to hit the crossbar although it doesn''t help that the club use seriously deflated balls to make it much harder.

One of the guys doing it on Saturday had some of the Nike Mercurial Vapors on!

Didn''t help him much though...

How often does anyone actually manage to do it?Some chubby bloke did do it in the Cardiff game but i don''t get to many games so i''m guessing i was pretty privileged to witness that!

[quote user="scrapy33"]Where do they get these people from? One young chap didn''t seem to even take his hands out of his coat pockets, I could of done better in my socks lol[/quote]If you keep an eye on the official site they often invite you to apply. All you have to do is email them.Go on give it a go. I''d like to see you do better in your socks! [:)]

[quote user="RustysRevenge"]I had a go at it last season & failed miserably to hit the crossbar although it doesn''t help that the club use seriously deflated balls to make it much harder.[/quote]

Did you have to watch the game from a different seat or just leave a bit before half time and make your way to the City Stand?

i had a go last season, was brilliant to have a kick around on the pitch in front of a full house! as the previous poster wrote, the balls are deflated like beach balls so all the practice i had done the day before with a proper ball was wasted! just a ploy to make sure you dont hit it more than once i think

was talking about the crossbar challenge on saturday..... a few seasons ago you could win a flight to paris / holiday voucher etc and now a bloody signed football!! oh times have changed!!!

on a different note anyone watch ''take it like a fan??'' on sky sports one....quality programme!!

Thought there might be some catch as people often seem to struggle to get the ball above waist height. Deflating the footballs is pretty poor form.

I had a go against reading 2 seasons back, must say I didnt find the balls a problem, just the fact that they heavily water the adhe of the 18 yard box before you get there so its unbelievably slippery, as if they wanted you to fall over. Not to mention the thousands in the Barclay willing you to fall on you arse!

Even ''half-time'' needs to be hyped for the modern supporter these days.Whatever ever happened to just having a fag and a p*ss.... then checking up on the half time scores listed in the programme?

[quote user="dylanisabaddog"]I think they should liven it up a bit by letting an away fan take part[/quote]i agree. they could win a canary goody bag!

[quote user="scrapy33"]Where do they get these people from? One young chap didn''t seem to even take his hands out of his coat pockets, I could of done better in my socks lol[/quote]

Sorry about this but could HAVE done better in your socks!!

Yeah, thy were pretty embarrassing. I''m sure it''s harder than it looks though, or something.

I''d be happy to hit it a couple of times out of ten I guess, but I hope I''d get most of them within a couple of feet.

[quote user="Largey"][quote user="RustysRevenge"]I had a go at it last season & failed miserably to hit the crossbar although it doesn''t help that the club use seriously deflated balls to make it much harder.[/quote]

Did you have to watch the game from a different seat or just leave a bit before half time and make your way to the City Stand?[/quote]

Leave a couple of mins before half time and head to reception in the City stand.

Ive applied a couple of times, but ive never understood what people have to do, I always thought that people in the two upper tiers weren''t aloud to do it for some reason, dunno why. And do they do the crossbar challenge on evening games? I never cared to notice if they did it just only saterdays