Sign in to follow this  
Brendo

If Ipswich were in the Champions League...

Would you support them, versus foreign opposition?

The discussion came up earlier, and even a Norwich supporting friend said they would support Ipswich. [:|] 

I certainly would not. I would hope they get spanked, just as I do almost every single game.

How about you?

I suppose it was a similar situation to when they were playing Arsenal in the League Cup semi finals a few weeks ago. Everyone else in country seemingly wanted them to win yet all City fans for obvious reasons didn''t.

If they were doing really well it would have a negative impact on us adding extra pressure as they would be in a false position. I would hate it if they were doing so much better than us but I suppose you would just have to accept it.

I didn''t want them to win in UEFA cup a few years ago and they probably didn''t want us to do well against Inter, Vitesse and Bayern.

No way. Absolutely not. I will never support them against anyone (except maybe if them beating another team meant we went up or something).

I support all English teams playing in Europe except if its the sc*m or Murderpool.

Nearly all the time I,m hoping they get spanked, even against foreign opposition,The only execption to this is by them winning it helps Norwich, which no doubt will be the case later on this season/

I was a bit surprised last night, as a couple of comments on Facebook in support of Spurs, from people who have laughed/criticised them before. I think its completely stupid, deciding to ''support'' and English club in the Champion League if you normally despise them.

Its quite common knowledge throughout football that the Premiership is the ''best'' league, and all 4 of the English teams that qualify for the Champions League should be getting to the final 16 for that reason. But that doesn''t mean everyone has to start supporting them. I quite like Spurs and was really happy they won last night. But i don''t particularly like Man.U and the only reason i would want them to win the Champions League, is because Fergie deserves it.

So no, absolutely no reason to support Ipswich in the Champions League.

God no! I don''t want them to have any sort of success at all! It''s like when they played Arsenal the other week, us and Arsenal fans would have been virtually the only fans in the land happy that Arsenal won. The same as when they got spanked by Man U a few years ago in the Premier League (8-0 or something?) I hate Man U, but that result was brilliant! I never want to see the binners in a European tournament again!

I stopped caring on this one when the English clubs became as foreign as the foreign clubs .

Could never want Ipswich to win any game and that will still be the case when they play QPR Tuesday night.

Unless they could do us a big favour in some kind of way then NEVER!  I want all the english teams in europe to do well but if Ipswich were there then I would want them to get smashed every single game.

And btw, when Ipswich play QPR on Saturday I still want QPR to win even though Ipswich could do us a slight favour by beating them.

I personally think thats silly Boyo''

Ipswich losing gains us nothing, QPR losing gains us an even better chance of winning the league/Auto promotion!!

I took no pain in seeing Ipswich win convincingly last night, possibly because I work with Ipswich supporters and they are decent people! However I would prefer if it was not a common occurrence. Not really bothered how they do this season as they aren''t getting relegated and they aren''t getting promoted. And no I wouldn''t not support them in the Champs League.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I personally think thats silly Boyo'' Ipswich losing gains us nothing, QPR losing gains us an even better chance of winning the league/Auto promotion!![/quote]

I think QPR are going to win the league and I think they have basically already won it (I know there is a long way to go and Forest have games in hand blah blah blah) and I don''t think we have a chance of winning the league so I hope they beat them 6-0!

[quote user="ryan1992"]God no! I don''t want them to have any sort of success at all! It''s like when they played Arsenal the other week, us and Arsenal fans would have been virtually the only fans in the land happy that Arsenal won. The same as when they got spanked by Man U a few years ago in the Premier League (8-0 or something?) I hate Man U, but that result was brilliant! I never want to see the binners in a European tournament again![/quote][IMG]http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd347/barclayendchoir/untitled-6.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_W2MMKu-4X4M/TTWznt1hC4I/AAAAAAAAAE8/pmu1tOa_Tvo/s1600/laughing-smiley-male-smiley-laugh-smiley-emoticon-000288-large.gif[/IMG]

I wouldn''t be so sure, based on recent form, I reckon Forest could quite easily overtake them. They''re both potential rivals for 2nd place (along with Cardiff, Swansea and Leeds), and I''d be happy to see any of those teams drop points. I really couldn''t care less about Ipswich, it would have been amusing to see them relegated (and who knows, Keane might still manage it), but I''m much more interested in the results of our rivals than some irrelevant mid-table side.

BTW, that was in response to:[quote user="Boyo''"]I think QPR are going to win the league and I think they have basically already won it (I know there is a long way to go and Forest have games in hand blah blah blah) and I don''t think we have a chance of winning the league so I hope they beat them 6-0![/quote user="Boyo''"]

Certainly not!

In fact I would rather see all the English sides go out early, allthere success does is put even more money into the select few of the premiership and tilt the balance against the other sides in England. Just look at all the glory hunters who come out to support the so called big 4 when they are doing well in Europe.

I want to see firstly a win for Norwich, secondly any result which clearly benefits Norwich. If that means temporarily wishing for an Ipswich win, then so be it. Otherwise I always want Ipswich to lose. Also I normally want to see Man Utd lose, especially in Europe. If they ever played Ipswich in Europe, I think my head would probably explode with the stress of desperately wanting both sides to lose.

[quote user="Bebop and Rocksteady"]I would rather lick the poochute of an AIDS infested dead pig than support those retards.[/quote]

Are you really sure about that?

They are only a second rate team in the heart of Suffolk. You have a life to live.

[quote user="PKC"]

Certainly not!

In fact I would rather see all the English sides go out early, allthere success does is put even more money into the select few of the premiership and tilt the balance against the other sides in England. Just look at all the glory hunters who come out to support the so called big 4 when they are doing well in Europe.

[/quote]Totally agree.

[quote user="The Bunny"]I wouldn''t be so sure, based on recent form, I reckon Forest could quite easily overtake them. They''re both potential rivals for 2nd place (along with Cardiff, Swansea and Leeds), and I''d be happy to see any of those teams drop points.

I really couldn''t care less about Ipswich, it would have been amusing to see them relegated (and who knows, Keane might still manage it), but I''m much more interested in the results of our rivals than some irrelevant mid-table side.
[/quote]

He would be a fooking genius to achieve that unless the Ipswich board make some quite unbelievable decisions in the next couple of months!