Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

Barnetts Injury

[quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="canary_girl"]According to the Q&A session, Barnett had a scan yesterday, the results could take a few days and they don''t expect Lambert to comment on this untill Friday''s press conference[/quote]

That''s modern technology for you, I''m afraid. Said them away to be developed and wait for the prints to come back.

[/quote]Excellent.

[quote user="Jacko"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="canary_girl"]Has it been confirmed yet of Barnett''s injury and how long he is expected to be out for?[/quote]Not seen anything yet, I have been checking the official site.[/quote]

Obviously I am just speculating but he seemed to walk off the pitch ok. He wasnt carried off so hopefully its just pulled a hamstring rather than a torn one. These things are usually about 4-6 weeks arent they? Assuming that is the injury.

[/quote]I have done my hamstring a few times and walking is usually quite fine, its only when you break into a jog it knacks.It did look very much like hamstring, as everyone has already said.It can range from just a tweak to a complete muscle tear, so its difficult to put a timescale on it. And you don''t really know if its repaired until you start training again, so its easy to rush back and damage it again.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Jacko"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="canary_girl"]Has it been confirmed yet of Barnett''s injury and how long he is expected to be out for?[/quote]

Not seen anything yet, I have been checking the official site.
[/quote]

Obviously I am just speculating but he seemed to walk off the pitch ok. He wasnt carried off so hopefully its just pulled a hamstring rather than a torn one. These things are usually about 4-6 weeks arent they? Assuming that is the injury.

[/quote]

I have done my hamstring a few times and walking is usually quite fine, its only when you break into a jog it knacks.

It did look very much like hamstring, as everyone has already said.

It can range from just a tweak to a complete muscle tear, so its difficult to put a timescale on it. And you don''t really know if its repaired until you start training again, so its easy to rush back and damage it again.
[/quote]

I did mine only slightly last year while running. I left it a couple of weeks and went running again and felt a tweak within the first 300 yards which was totally disheartening. As another poster says, it could well take 4-6 weeks, however Cesc Fabregas injures his quite often and always seems to be back very quickly

It may be that Arsenal have one of those oxygen chambers that are renowned to speed recovery dramatically, and I''ve heard rumours that Craig Bellamy even has one in his house. It may be worth the club investing in one if it doesn''t already.

They seem to work but I have always been sceptical about the oxygen chambers. I just remember that ridiculous story about Flecky sitting in one reading the paper in an attempt to get fit for the FA Cup Semi Final against Sunderland.

[quote user="cityangel"]Any news re his scan from Monday?[/quote]

nope, should find out tomorrow morning after the press conference, fingers crossed it''s not bad news

Thats not good news then is it, does that mean his season is over ?

Guess in hindsight ( which is a wonderful thing) we should have kept Nelson.[:(]

Firstly good luck to Barnett, hope he makes a speedy recovery.

Secondly Nelson move was still the right thing, we wouldn''t have expected Barnett to pick up such a bad injury, and if we get this "experienced" centre half or call Askou back then it''s all a little bit rosier.

Although not ideal Russell Martin can play centre back if Whitbread was to pick up an injury and place Korey Smith at Right back.

I think we will be alright, although Ward had a poor game at the weekend and we will miss Barnett there is no doubt in my mind that Whitbread and Ward will be solid, and this experienced defender could be a blessing in disguise, I have said all along we need an experienced player to drive the players on in the games where we look out of depth, or looking for that important goal.

Altogether I welcome this loan signing even if Barnett was fit.

[quote user="cityangel"]Guess in hindsight ( which is a wonderful thing) we should have kept Nelson.[:(][/quote]

Well, I think alot of people apart from Lambert had the foresight to say at the time that they hoped that decision would not come back and bite us on the bum ............ which only a short while later, it did. No way should Lambert have let Nelson go. Lambert has been great for us but he does have a few flaws such as not being able to know a good striker/attacker when he sees one and perhaps being a little precipitous in moving ou Gunn''s signings. The only Gunn player not yet moved out by Lambert is Holt !