Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

Barnetts Injury

For everyone moaning about Whitbread''s failure to win the header for the Parkin goal, the critical error was his failure to track Parkin after the flick on. If you''re going to moan, moan about the right thing!

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Because every time Whitbread and Ward have played together we concede loads of goals... Oh wait they haven''t played together yet.[/quote]

but they dont fill me with confidence. Ward alone doesn''t fill me with confidence and whitbread doesn''t win much in the air (take the john parkin goal)

[/quote]

Ward doesn''t fill you with confidence. We''re 3rd in the league. He''s been part of our defence for the majority of the the season...

Whitbread does win things in the air, because he doesn''t once doesn''t make him crap.

You''re potentially the biggest idiot on this forum. Sorry, but you are.
[/quote]

barnett drury and martin are the quality defenders. Ward does some good stuff but not enough!

[quote user="drurys dodgy knee"]For everyone moaning about Whitbread''s failure to win the header for the Parkin goal, the critical error was his failure to track Parkin after the flick on. If you''re going to moan, moan about the right thing![/quote]

but if he won the header he wouldn''t have had to track parkin! [;)]

So how long is Barnett out for, seeing as everyone is convinced that he''s going to spend some time on the sidelines?

[quote user="I am a Banana"]4/6 weeks if hamstring.[/quote]Thank you Dr Banana.And has he done his hamstring?

[quote user="I am a Banana"]4/6 weeks if hamstring.[/quote]

But it might only be a hamstring strain in which case it might be only 2 weeks ( according to Everton'''', no-one will know until the scan results are in will they?

''''Everton have suffered another damaging injury blow after Louis Saha was ruled out for a fortnight with a hamstring strain''''

[quote user="morty"][quote user="I am a Banana"]4/6 weeks if hamstring.[/quote]

Thank you Dr Banana.

And has he done his hamstring?
[/quote] well thats what neil adams said

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="I am a Banana"]4/6 weeks if hamstring.[/quote]Thank you Dr Banana.And has he done his hamstring?[/quote] well thats what neil adams said

[/quote]I agree that he pulled up like he had tweaked his hamstring.But you, me, and Neil Adams don''t really know for sure, do we?[:)]

So nothing else has even been said on Barnett''s injury?

So all this worrying could be for nothing? It might have just been a simple knock, and he will be playing next Saturday?

[quote user="I am a Banana"]but if whitbread won the header then he wouldn''t have had to track parkin [:S] [y][/quote]

Well, I don''t blame Whitbread for not winning that header, I think he would have had to foul Parkin to win it. However I do blame Whitbread for letting Parkin turn, run towards goal and shoot unchallenged.

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="hogesar"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Because every time Whitbread and Ward have played together we concede loads of goals... Oh wait they haven''t played together yet.[/quote]

but they dont fill me with confidence. Ward alone doesn''t fill me with confidence and whitbread doesn''t win much in the air (take the john parkin goal)

[/quote]

Ward doesn''t fill you with confidence. We''re 3rd in the league. He''s been part of our defence for the majority of the the season...

Whitbread does win things in the air, because he doesn''t once doesn''t make him crap.

You''re potentially the biggest idiot on this forum. Sorry, but you are.
[/quote]

barnett drury and martin are the quality defenders. Ward does some good stuff but not enough!

[/quote]

What do you mean "potentially" ?

"drury''s dodgy knee" 

Well, I don''t blame Whitbread for not winning that header, I think he would have had to foul Parkin to win it. However I do blame Whitbread for letting Parkin turn, run towards goal and shoot unchallenged
Once Whitbread was clearly not going to get back goal side of Parkin, Barnett didnt close down quick enough. However i dont blame Barnett for not thinking ''i need to close him down quick as hes going to strike a fantastic unstoppable drive into the bottom corner'' same as i dont blame Whitbread for not winning the header.It was a great goal

[quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"]In the report on the offy site - [url]http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/NewsDetails/0,,10355~2291774,00.html[/url]  it says Barnett took a knock.
[/quote]

Wits I hope this report is right but from where I saw it Barnett was running for a ball with Long I think and he just pulled up with very little contact. If this isn''t a hamstring injury I would be amazed. However the extent is still not known.

I disagree, Ward and Whitbread are both excellent centre halves, as is Barnett.  Barnett is not head and shoulders above these two though and if Ward and Whitbread can stay injury free then Barnett may have difficulty regaining his place in the team.We have some extremely tough away games coming up, so instead of slagging off two players who are very good defenders, lets try getting behind them hey?  They have kept a clean sheet when playing together so far!

[quote user="colneycanary"]Still waiting to find out how bad Barnett''s injury is, but if he''s going to be out for a number of weeks we are going to need an emergency loan centerback. If you look at our stats it''s not the goals scored that''s the problem, it''s the goals conceded. We have scored just as many as QPR and Cardiff (top 2) but conceded quite a few more. Ward is a real liability and would only use him as a bench warmer.[/quote]Like I keep saying, it is not our defence that is the problem, but that we keep playing a far too attacking midfield which gives away far too much possession and ground to any of the better midfields in this league.This is what places extra pressure on our defence and why we have conceeded more than we should''ve done this season.

[quote user="Who Let The Fox Out"]Ward''s major problem yesterday was the fact that Reading were playing 5 across the midfield and Drury left Ward so exposed in the first half because he was bombing forward so much. Ward didn''t know if he was coming or going. However, as a good centre back should, he should have been able to deal with this. He was not able to and continued to get himself into bother. This is probably down to playing time because as people have pointed out, when Barnett and Ward were playing together earlier in the season they were the best thing since sliced bread.I still maintain (and I have since he joined the club) that when fit, Whitbread will be our best CB. He seems to be over the injuries and apart from maybe being tired having not played for so long and the games he''s come back into, he''s done nothing that deserved him being dropped. You should pick your players on form and Whitbread is certainly on form at the moment. No CB pairing this season has been capable of keeping clean sheets consistently, but I have every faith in Ward and Whitbread to form a good partnership in Barnett''s absence. Tierney is pretty good at CB apparently too so here''s hoping for a speedy recovery Mr. Barnett, Come back soon, but I think we''ll be ok in your absence.[/quote]Excellent post mate... [Y] especially the bit you post about Reading controlling the midfield for much of the game.  Also with the excellent Jimmy Kebe pulling Drury all over the place for large periods of the game and Fox not winning anywhere near enough ball at the base of our diamond Ward was left very exposed.  It amazes me how so many people can''t appreciate this.  They have obviously never played as a defender or a defensive midfielder at any kind of acceptable level before.We would''ve been 3 or 4 down by half time if Ward hadn''t been superb at Burnley the previous week.  Again Lambert''s formation and tactics were awful, as was Barnett''s performance as one of 3 centre halves.We have a lot of decent players, but I still do not believe that we have found our best formation and starting 11 as yet.I have every faith in Ward and Whitbread and feel that it is Fox who need to take a turn on the bench.  For me, I think that we need to play Korey at Leeds for the first hour plus next week, decide if Surman is going to start or not and then decide where Lansbury is going to play (wide right in a 4-4-2, wide left, or at the tip of the diamond instead of Wes for the first hour plus).

[quote user="canary_girl"]Has it been confirmed yet of Barnett''s injury and how long he is expected to be out for?[/quote]Not seen anything yet, I have been checking the official site.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="canary_girl"]Has it been confirmed yet of Barnett''s injury and how long he is expected to be out for?[/quote]

Not seen anything yet, I have been checking the official site.
[/quote]

Obviously I am just speculating but he seemed to walk off the pitch ok. He wasnt carried off so hopefully its just pulled a hamstring rather than a torn one. These things are usually about 4-6 weeks arent they? Assuming that is the injury.

According to the Q&A session, Barnett had a scan yesterday, the results could take a few days and they don''t expect Lambert to comment on this untill Friday''s press conference

[quote user="canary_girl"]According to the Q&A session, Barnett had a scan yesterday, the results could take a few days and they don''t expect Lambert to comment on this untill Friday''s press conference[/quote]

That''s modern technology for you, I''m afraid. Said them away to be developed and wait for the prints to come back.