Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

Barnetts Injury

Doesn''t look good and he is by far our best/most consistant cb. Im not looking forward to having whitbread and ward as out cb''s. Just hope it wasn''t as bad as 1st thought but if it is the 6 weeks radio norfolk clim then he will be out until the end of march[:S]

This includes games vs...

...leeds (A)

...Doncaster (H)

...Barnsley (A)

...Preston (H)

...Leicester (A)

...Bristol City (H)

...Hull City (A)

...maybe Scunny (H)

And then back for Swansea (A)...PHEW!!

Yeh he pulled up right in front of me. Was in very obvious pain and looked straight at the bench.He did not even make an attempt to get back on the pitch after pulling up off him.Feel bad for the lad, hes class and gives it his all.Speedy recovery.... Im more concerned that we let Nelly go and Whitbread is injury prone.Askou and Ward ( especailly after today ) does not install confidence

Because every time Whitbread and Ward have played together we concede loads of goals...

Oh wait they haven''t played together yet.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Because every time Whitbread and Ward have played together we concede loads of goals...

Oh wait they haven''t played together yet.[/quote]Unproven partnership.Ward had a blip today, he is normally pretty decent.Im more concerned about Whitbread picking up a knock and us being left with Askou

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Because every time Whitbread and Ward have played together we concede loads of goals... Oh wait they haven''t played together yet.[/quote]

but they dont fill me with confidence. Ward alone doesn''t fill me with confidence and whitbread doesn''t win much in the air (take the john parkin goal)

When he walked past me near the dugout he was walking normally so I thought he just had a dead leg. Fingers crossed he will be ok because I thought Ward was terrible today and a real liability!

Still waiting to find out how bad Barnett''s injury is, but if he''s going to be out for a number of weeks we are going to need an emergency loan centerback. If you look at our stats it''s not the goals scored that''s the problem, it''s the goals conceded. We have scored just as many as QPR and Cardiff (top 2) but conceded quite a few more. Ward is a real liability and would only use him as a bench warmer.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

Doesn''t look good ...[/quote]

Didn''t it Doctor Banana ?? and where were you last night ?? [:)]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Because every time Whitbread and Ward have played together we concede loads of goals... Oh wait they haven''t played together yet.[/quote]

but they dont fill me with confidence. Ward alone doesn''t fill me with confidence and whitbread doesn''t win much in the air (take the john parkin goal)

[/quote]Sorry but thats absolute rubbish. Watch highlights of the games hes played in (not difficult as he hasnt played in many) and apart from the lead up to the Parkin goal, i cant remember seeing him miss one. A good example to start with, he didnt miss one today, made some good clearing headers and even got forward and attacked well...with his head!

When Ward had that long run with Leon at the back everyone was saying what a great partnership it was. He has a bad first half today and all of a sudden he''s not good enough.

[quote user="colneycanary"]Still waiting to find out how bad Barnett''s injury is, but if he''s going to be out for a number of weeks we are going to need an emergency loan centerback. If you look at our stats it''s not the goals scored that''s the problem, it''s the goals conceded. We have scored just as many as QPR and Cardiff (top 2) but conceded quite a few more. Ward is a real liability and would only use him as a bench warmer.[/quote]

Is this serious or a wind up ?

[quote user="cityangel"]

When Ward had that long run with Leon at the back everyone was saying what a great partnership it was. He has a bad first half today and all of a sudden he''s not good enough.

[/quote]

Ward wasn''t himself today all match IMO, stood back too much off the ball (didn''t get stuck in) and made me nervous.  I hope he has better games and this was just a one off.

[quote user="newboy"]Ward as a bench warmer! your a idiot![/quote]

How is he an idiot?  I think Ward has looked very shakey ever since he got here and I have never been comfortable when he has played.  Today he had an absolute mare, if we were playing a better team we would have lost today because of Ward.

Barnett and Whitbread haven''t played together much but I have been impressed with them both whenever they have partnered each other and when Barnett is back I would love Ward to be a bench warmer with Whitbread playing in his place.

Some of you lot need to have a bit more confidence in our players. They have got us where we are, so show a bit of faith.

Whitbread has been playing well recently so why do we need to bring in someone else when we have a replacement on the bench?

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

Doesn''t look good ...[/quote]

Didn''t it Doctor Banana ?? and where were you last night ?? [:)]

[/quote]

TGD had a meeting about a youth football team tournament [y] no lift. i do have a 125 but xbox was calling [;)]

[quote user="whoareyou"]

Some of you lot need to have a bit more confidence in our players. They have got us where we are, so show a bit of faith.

Whitbread has been playing well recently so why do we need to bring in someone else when we have a replacement on the bench?

[/quote]Because the replacement needs replacing.

[quote user="cityangel"]

When Ward had that long run with Leon at the back everyone was saying what a great partnership it was. He has a bad first half today and all of a sudden he''s not good enough.[/quote]

When we played burnley at home we scored and burnley had a free kick and should have gone 3-2 up and ward just swung at the ball, that really annoyed me!!

[quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="whoareyou"]

[/quote]

Because the replacement needs replacing.
[/quote]

we just need either JB askou back or a 1 month emergency loan.

The OP is not an idiot, he makes a very valid point.

Ward is undoubtedly a very talented player but seems to be unable to make the effort required for a top centre half. Everything he does is a little bit ''casual'' which ultimately, results in silly goals being conceded. Probably why he''s gone from being a Prem league prospect to someone unable to make Coventry''s team last season.

If you were at todays game, the Millwall game and several other games this season, you will know exactly what I''m talking about.

Hopefully Lambo can sort him out so there''s no problem and we''ll have a very good centre half.

Im half-expecting Barnett to be fine. after pulling up he didn''t go to ground or receive any treatment by the side of the pitch as you might expect from more serious injuries, he waited for the physio and quiety walked his way round the edge of the pitch. Given that Nelson has gone and Askou is on loan, Lambert has probably given each of the centre-halves clear instructions not to take any risks. Perhaps Barnett cramped and followed orders by signalling to the bench that to carry on would be a risk.

These are my hopes anyway...

How about the only two clean sheets we have had in the last 20ish games, Whitbread has started both of them!

Would have had Barnett and Whitbread as first choice to be honest, but think Whitbread and Ward can be good together too. Think they may have been Lambert''s first choice at start of season if it wasn''t for injuries. Right and Left footer too.

I am slightly suprised Lambert went with Ward over Whitbread, but he is showing great faith in a partnership which started the season well. Whitbread for me is a bit more composed and a bit better at reading the game, however I have confidence in Ward when he plays.

[/quote]Ward doesn''t fill you with confidence. We''re 3rd in the league. He''s been part of our defence for the majority of the the season...Whitbread does win things in the air, because he doesn''t once doesn''t make him crap.You''re potentially the biggest idiot on this forum. Sorry, but you are.

Ward''s major problem yesterday was the fact that Reading were playing 5 across the midfield and Drury left Ward so exposed in the first half because he was bombing forward so much. Ward didn''t know if he was coming or going. However, as a good centre back should, he should have been able to deal with this. He was not able to and continued to get himself into bother. This is probably down to playing time because as people have pointed out, when Barnett and Ward were playing together earlier in the season they were the best thing since sliced bread.I still maintain (and I have since he joined the club) that when fit, Whitbread will be our best CB. He seems to be over the injuries and apart from maybe being tired having not played for so long and the games he''s come back into, he''s done nothing that deserved him being dropped. You should pick your players on form and Whitbread is certainly on form at the moment. No CB pairing this season has been capable of keeping clean sheets consistently, but I have every faith in Ward and Whitbread to form a good partnership in Barnett''s absence. Tierney is pretty good at CB apparently too so here''s hoping for a speedy recovery Mr. Barnett, Come back soon, but I think we''ll be ok in your absence.