Sign in to follow this  
YellowRoad

Why is Askou not back, we need central defenders !

So we sold Nelson which everybody thought was a big risk, we loaned out Askou to rival team Millwall which was strange too and now Barnett is out for the season and we have only two central defenders left and no cover on the bench. Drury is not good enough, ruthless, as a central defender and Tierney, I don''t know.

Lets bring Askou back immediately from Millwall or is that not possible as an emergency and are we not learning from our earlier mistakes and loaning out our players for fun.

R Martin can cover on Saturday if one of Ward or Whitbread gets injured, then we will have a loanee in afterwards. No need to panic!

I suspect it is because Lambert does not rate him. His first game at Millwall he got sent off and they let in 4. I think we have seen the last of him and Nelson was certainly a much better player

Largey: R Martin can cover on Saturday if one of Ward or Whitbread gets injured, then we will have a loanee in afterwards. No need to panic!

Yes but then who will go at RB? Korey? A makeshift defence is never good, especially when against the League''s top scorers!

Askou is rubbish IMO and I''d rather Drury than him.

Loanee will come in & hopefully do a job

[quote user="ryan1992"]Largey: R Martin can cover on Saturday if one of Ward or Whitbread gets injured, then we will have a loanee in afterwards. No need to panic! Yes but then who will go at RB? Korey? A makeshift defence is never good, especially when against the League''s top scorers![/quote]

Perhaps a makeshift defence is better than a defence which includes a player the manager doesn''t trust.