Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

Ticket Prices in the Premiership

I was listening to talk sport this morning as they had a call in on this subject and some of the examples shocked me. West ham v Liverpool casual adults ticket £60 and nearly £40 for a 4 year old. Spurs European home tie casual adult ticket £66! I do not think this club would or indeed could push the prices to those silly levels but it does make you think. We all want the best for Norwich in terms of results etc the danger is though the cost of that success could mean a lot less true supporters in these very difficult times being able to go

A guy I know has a season ticket at Old Trafford and it costs him well over a grand every season. I also heard that you don''t have any choice but to be part of their auto cup scheme.

My brother and I were discussing this very issue earlier today.

We have attended a lot of away games this season and have found the prices very good value for money.

We have attended our away games at : Forest, PNE, QPR, Reading, Derby, Coventry, Palace, Sheff U so far already this season and all of those games have been cheap in comparison to a) what we expected and b) what other clubs offer.

What is helpful is the ''junior canary'' trips that certain matches apply to. We have saved from our trips to the likes of Coventry and Barnsley next week- we didnt have junior membership before that.

I guess having a brilliant away record this season makes paying for it easier [;)]

The question which you quite rightly raise is how will it change if we hopefully get promoted.

I think the Norwich City ticket pricing scheme is brilliant - especially for the younger fans and I would hope that McNally would recognise that our support - home and away deserves a break from the harsher ticketing scheme for next season.

I try not to worry about ticket prices until I need to.

Can anybody remember the average price differences for tickets the last time we went up?

4-4-2 magazine did an article on ticket prices a few years back, they went to big games in spain, holland, Germany and Italy and compared prices to that of England.I cant remember all the details but i do know Ajax vs Feyenoord was £18 for the most expensive ticket.Ac Milan vs Inter was £27.the premiershit is laughable with its prices by contrast.

Casual ticket prices for London Premier League clubs is high, this is due to the trend of going to see a football match as a replacement for going to see a West End show. The ticket booths that use to just sell tickets for musicals will now do you tickets for West Ham, Fulham, Chelsea or Arsenal games - which has pushed up demand and thus prices for the casual tickets. Most casual tickets are picked up by tourists or London residents who fancy a day out at the game without having an allegience for anyone particular team, Fulham now have a netural section in their stadium to cater for this type of fan.

When I went to Old Trafford a few years ago it was £38 for an adult ticket in the upper tier. What fox said is true though, if you have a season ticket at Old Trafford you have to go to all the home cup games too on top of paying your season ticket. Chelsea charge quite a lot for their tickets too but you are watchign some of the best footballers every week.

Can get away with charging extortionate prices here because English fans have no backbone. A poster above just called Derby away cheap, maybe there were cheaper youth tickets but an adult was about £30.Dortmund fans boycotted their derby game because theprices had gone up about a fiver to  £15 or something. This for a terrace ticket where you can have a beer and stand in peace. Fans in England would pay £50 face value without giving it a second thought.

[quote user="Ben"]When I went to Old Trafford a few years ago it was £38 for an adult ticket in the upper tier. What fox said is true though, if you have a season ticket at Old Trafford you have to go to all the home cup games too on top of paying your season ticket. Chelsea charge quite a lot for their tickets too but you are watchign some of the best footballers every week.[/quote]

like torres, he is in some great form ! [n]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]4-4-2 magazine did an article on ticket prices a few years back, they went to big games in spain, holland, Germany and Italy and compared prices to that of England.I cant remember all the details but i do know Ajax vs Feyenoord was £18 for the most expensive ticket.Ac Milan vs Inter was £27.the premiershit is laughable with its prices by contrast.[/quote]You''ll find that a lot of those clubs don''t own the stadium which is why they can afford to charge lower prices for tickets. Remember NCFC owns Carrow Road and has to maintain it; as do many other English clubs.

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]I was listening to talk sport this morning as they had a call in on this subject and some of the examples shocked me. West ham v Liverpool casual adults ticket £60 and nearly £40 for a 4 year old. Spurs European home tie casual adult ticket £66! I do not think this club would or indeed could push the prices to those silly levels but it does make you think. We all want the best for Norwich in terms of results etc the danger is though the cost of that success could mean a lot less true supporters in these very difficult times being able to go[/quote]You do post some good stuff Yorkie! [Y]There is very little room for the grassroot supporter in the Premiership I''m afraid and Carrow Road would simply become even more full of daytripping luvvies. Having said that... where else is there to go in modern day English football?For me the sooner the likes of Chelsea, Man U, Arsenal, Man City et al bugger off into a Euro league the better and take their overpaid, overseas mercenaries with them. What we might have left is a more balanced league system developing home grown talent.... maybe even representing the towns/cities where they are based rather than filling the pockets of the greedy global tv market.Bring it on.