Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Top moment of the season?

For me, it has to be our club''s treatment of Michael Nelson.

Top stuff.

Actions like that do no end of good in the dressing room.

[Y][Y]

OTBC

Shut up! BlyBly you have no idea about the dressing room, clearly. Nelson was allowed to persue a longer contract at a club more suited to him. Lambert was unselfish enough to let him have the opportunity for more security with a 2 1/2 year deal with Scunny, something NCFC could not offer him.. Some managers would of kept Nelson for cover but he didnt becuase he obviously liked Nelson as a person and appriciated that he needed security like all players of his age and position in life.Plus Nelson didnt secure 3 points for Scunny last night Scunny as a team did, all this Nelson rejoicing is starting to get on my t*ts!

Well I agree with you BlyBly. Paul Lamberts actions there can only have added to the respect from the other players! But my moment of the season was Holty''s goal against reading I was literally shaking with adrenaline for about an hour! 

[quote user="NCFC4LIFE"]Shut up! BlyBly you have no idea about the dressing room, clearly. Nelson was allowed to persue a longer contract at a club more suited to him. Lambert was unselfish enough to let him have the opportunity for more security with a 2 1/2 year deal with Scunny, something NCFC could not offer him.. Some managers would of kept Nelson for cover but he didnt becuase he obviously liked Nelson as a person and appriciated that he needed security like all players of his age and position in life.Plus Nelson didnt secure 3 points for Scunny last night Scunny as a team did, all this Nelson rejoicing is starting to get on my t*ts![/quote]

Jesus Christi! Cheer up - what the OP seems to be referring to is a fairly basic aspect of organisational theory - namely that, if the organisation does right by those that make up the organisation, including those moving on to pastures new, it has a positive effect on those remaining behind. It basically implies

that the organisation has the best interests of its members at heart. Another - and better way of putting it - is to call it togetherness, which we as a club (from boardroom to supporter) appear to have in bucketloads right now. All of which makes your post - although perfectly valid - seem a little bit against the spirit of the day...

[quote user="Hackney Canary"][quote user="NCFC4LIFE"]Shut up! BlyBly you have no idea about the dressing room, clearly. Nelson was allowed to persue a longer contract at a club more suited to him. Lambert was unselfish enough to let him have the opportunity for more security with a 2 1/2 year deal with Scunny, something NCFC could not offer him.. Some managers would of kept Nelson for cover but he didnt becuase he obviously liked Nelson as a person and appriciated that he needed security like all players of his age and position in life.Plus Nelson didnt secure 3 points for Scunny last night Scunny as a team did, all this Nelson rejoicing is starting to get on my t*ts![/quote]

Jesus Christi! Cheer up - what the OP seems to be referring to is a fairly basic aspect of organisational theory - namely that, if the organisation does right by those that make up the organisation, including those moving on to pastures new, it has a positive effect on those remaining behind. It basically implies

that the organisation has the best interests of its members at heart. Another - and better way of putting it - is to call it togetherness, which we as a club (from boardroom to supporter) appear to have in bucketloads right now. All of which makes your post - although perfectly valid - seem a little bit against the spirit of the day...[/quote]Exactly!

[quote user="Hackney Canary"][quote user="NCFC4LIFE"]Shut up! BlyBly you have no idea about the dressing room, clearly. Nelson was allowed to persue a longer contract at a club more suited to him. Lambert was unselfish enough to let him have the opportunity for more security with a 2 1/2 year deal with Scunny, something NCFC could not offer him.. Some managers would of kept Nelson for cover but he didnt becuase he obviously liked Nelson as a person and appriciated that he needed security like all players of his age and position in life.

Plus Nelson didnt secure 3 points for Scunny last night Scunny as a team did, all this Nelson rejoicing is starting to get on my t*ts!
[/quote] Jesus Christi! Cheer up - what the OP seems to be referring to is a fairly basic aspect of organisational theory - namely that, if the organisation does right by those that make up the organisation, including those moving on to pastures new, it has a positive effect on those remaining behind. It basically implies that the organisation has the best interests of its members at heart. Another - and better way of putting it - is to call it togetherness, which we as a club (from boardroom to supporter) appear to have in bucketloads right now. All of which makes your post - although perfectly valid - seem a little bit against the spirit of the day...[/quote]

Then perhaps the OP could have explained it better than expect us to be either mind readers or experts in joining the dots when trying to unravel his half-baked ramblings.

I must admit it''s not easy to tell if the OP is being genuine or sarcastic in my opinion.

[quote user="Marty"]I must admit it''s not easy to tell if the OP is being genuine or sarcastic in my opinion.[/quote]Add "doo-lally" and "leathered on sherry" to that list.[;)]

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

For me, it has to be our club''s treatment of Michael Nelson.

Top stuff.

Actions like that do no end of good in the dressing room.

[Y][Y]

OTBC

[/quote]A 4-1 win against the Binners and nine injury-time goals, and you can still start a thread to complain about cashing in on an ageing centre-half who was out of contract in the summer... actions like that do no end of good in enhancing your already excellent reputation among your fellow fans.You''re a tragedy, really, aren''t you?

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]Actions like that do no end of good in the dressing room.

[/quote]

You have no idea what the inside of Carrow Rd looks like, let alone the dressing room........

[quote user="Marty"]I must admit it''s not easy to tell if the OP is being genuine or sarcastic in my opinion.[/quote]

I see. It appears I have wandered into an argument that has ''previous''...

Still, sarcasm or not, I still think the Nelson business would have had a positive effect on the team, made even better by the events of last night. Not sure it was the moment of the season, however, which could be any one from the many last minute goals, all of which are going to prove vital at the end of the season...

[quote user="CT"]

''My Spurs'' beating AC away in the champions league....

[/quote]

No, you are mistaken; ''My Spurs'' only drew 1-1, Mullery with the goal, and it was the UEFA Cup, Semi-final don''t you know, jumpers for goalposts, game of two halves,  remember it like it was yesterday...

[quote user="Raymond Getärd"][quote user="CT"]

''My Spurs'' beating AC away in the champions league....

[/quote]

No, you are mistaken; ''My Spurs'' only drew 1-1, Mullery with the goal, and it was the UEFA Cup, Semi-final don''t you know, jumpers for goalposts, game of two halves,  remember it like it was yesterday...

[/quote]

That''s the bench Mark...

Sorry[:$] Raymond[;)]

My opening post (op to some) was actually genuine , not sarcastic.

But I guess the much of the ''conversation'' that has followed shows how little appreciation for basic management practice most posters have as indicated by the responses to simple employee motivation techniques & benchmarking (plus visioning, mission definition and planning at various times past).

Thank God for Bowkett, McNally and Lambert who have rescued us from DoncasterGrantRoederGunn and  MODERNISED our club''s fundamental practices.

Lambert & Co.''s treatment of Michael Nelson shows both astute appreciation of motivational techniques and HEART.

[:P]

OTBC 

Got to be Holty beating Harte [IMG]http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd347/barclayendchoir/S11.gif[/IMG] to the ball for the winner in the 94th minute.

[quote user="Fr. Chewy Louie"]Is the consensus that the OP was being sarcastic? I took it at face value.[/quote]

You''re right Louie.

And the the consensus of  that little posse within the inner circle wrong - as usual.

OTBC 

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]My opening post (op to some) was actually genuine , not sarcastic.

But I guess the much of the ''conversation'' that has followed shows how little appreciation for basic management practice most posters have as indicated by the responses to simple employee motivation techniques & benchmarking (plus visioning, mission definition and planning at various times past).

Thank God for Bowkett, McNally and Lambert who have rescued us from DoncasterGrantRoederGunn and  MODERNISED our club''s fundamental practices.

Lambert & Co.''s treatment of Michael Nelson shows both astute appreciation of motivational techniques and HEART.

[/quote]

Pure drivel Bly! Nelson was fourth choice CB and unlikely to be offered a new contract and definitely not should we be promoted. However you dress it up, getting a transfer fee in January as opposed to letting him go for free in the summer was good business and the only motivation behind Lamberts decision. Let''s face it, if two of Ward, Barnett and Whitbread manage to stay injury free until the end of the season, Nelson would never have played for us again so the decision to let him go was entirely a financial one and nothing to do with emotion.

Paul Lambert is highly thought of in these parts and doesn''t need facts being distorted in an attempt to improve his image. The only thing this thread has done is to tarnish your already sullied reputation. Fool.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]My opening post (op to some) was actually genuine , not sarcastic.

[/quote]

Pure drivel Bly! Nelson was fourth choice CB and unlikely to be offered a new contract and definitely not should we be promoted. However you dress it up, getting a transfer fee in January as opposed to letting him go for free in the summer was good business and the only motivation behind Lamberts decision. Let''s face it, if two of Ward, Barnett and Whitbread manage to stay injury free until the end of the season, Nelson would never have played for us again so the decision to let him go was entirely a financial one and nothing to do with emotion.

Paul Lambert is highly thought of in these parts and doesn''t need facts being distorted in an attempt to improve his image. The only thing this thread has done is to tarnish your already sullied reputation. Fool.

[/quote]

Nelson was tough decision’ – Lambert

Thursday, February 3, 2011
10.11 AM

Paul Lambert admitted the decision to allow Michael Nelson to leave for Scunthorpe on transfer deadline had been a tough one to make.

On a day when City were trying in vain to lure Brighton winger Elliott Bennett for a sum reportedly approaching £1m, Nelson was a surprise departure from Carrow Road.

“That was a hard one,” said the City boss. “It really was tough. If the truth be known, if I was to let him out on loan he was going nowhere. Scunthorpe made a bid, I told Michael because I think he is a brilliant lad with a heart of gold. Somebody of 30 years of age and having a young family, he needed security which I couldn’t give him.

“So I am delighted for him. I didn’t want Michael Nelson to get to the end of the season and for me to turn around and tell him, ‘thanks very much’. Then he is one of 800 people looking for a club. I owed it to him to try and help him on a personal note.”

OTBC

Only on the Pinkun can you find a ''moment of the season'' thread before we even get down the business end of the fixtures.  FFS if we get to the playoffs/final are some still going to say, ''Well the treatment of Michael Nelson was the best''?

But will the moment still be "top" if it comes bac to bite us in the bum?

Nelson is injured so Barnett comes in on loan to cover.

Barnett does well and is seen a better long term prospect than Nelson.

Barnett''s loan becomes a permanent transfer.

Nelson gets fit but can''t replace Barnett.

As Barnett was only ever brought in to cover for Nelson in the first place "this town ain''t big enough for the both of us".

Nelson is sold, a good deal all round, happy clappy transfer deadline day.

Barnett gets injured.......

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]My opening post (op to some) was actually genuine , not sarcastic.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Nelson was tough decision’ – Lambert

Thursday, February 3, 2011
10.11 AM

Paul Lambert admitted the decision to allow Michael Nelson to leave for Scunthorpe on transfer deadline had been a tough one to make.

On a day when City were trying in vain to lure Brighton winger Elliott Bennett for a sum reportedly approaching £1m, Nelson was a surprise departure from Carrow Road.

“That was a hard one,” said the City boss. “It really was tough. If the truth be known, if I was to let him out on loan he was going nowhere. Scunthorpe made a bid, I told Michael because I think he is a brilliant lad with a heart of gold. Somebody of 30 years of age and having a young family, he needed security which I couldn’t give him.

“So I am delighted for him. I didn’t want Michael Nelson to get to the end of the season and for me to turn around and tell him, ‘thanks very much’. Then he is one of 800 people looking for a club. I owed it to him to try and help him on a personal note.”

[/quote]He would say that though wouldn''t he Bly? He''s hardly likely to say anything detrimental about someone who who''d given him good service in the past but didn''t feature tn his future plans. Do you honestly believe Lambert would have let him go before the summer if there hadn''t been a transfer fee involved? This was nothing to do with humility but everything to do with money as much as we''d all like think differently.