Sign in to follow this  
Yella Foreva

Barnetts Replacement

Who does everyone think/hope Lambert is going to bring in. Personally i hope for some like Danny Gabbidon. Please pull someone class out the bag Lambert!!

are we talking ryan nelson from blackburn, yes please:)seriously, sickener for barnett, player of season for me, but I trust lambert to pull something out the bag, whoever it is though has to move whitbread and ward as they deserve to be first choice.

Whatever gloss we can put on this it is a major blow. Hindsight is wonderful but the decision to let Nelson go whilst very humane may come back to haunt us. Given the unexpected nature of the injury there will be no obvious person highlighted and we may be in desperation mode which could prove expensive

Given our current lofty position and with all things desirable possible, this is a major disater.

Emergency loan ASAP. The Ipswich pairing are out of contract at the end of the season and neither has signed a new onewhich suggests something is not right there. Apparently Delaney wants three years, but tthe Board wont go that far.

Neslon, Nelson he would have done, but too late now and it did seem the right move at the time. Lambert doesn''t rate Askou, so he''s out of the equation.

I do however like the idea of Martin as stand-in central defender should the need arise. I am beginning to rate this player a lot. Drury would be caught short against nippy forwards.

Boyota is a good shout. Although Lambert did say it was an experianced defender. But you never know wth him and we were linked earlier in the season. Good prospect.

Boyota would be very, very expensive as no player there gets out of bed for less than £30,000k.

The quandarty remains: Go for it now while we are in with a chance or save the dosh for a more calculated assault next season, knowing that we couls scrape it this season in any case.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

Boyota would be very, very expensive as no player there gets out of bed for less than £30,000k.

The quandarty remains: Go for it now while we are in with a chance or save the dosh for a more calculated assault next season, knowing that we couls scrape it this season in any case.

[/quote]not if he hasn''t signed a new deal for a while, he''s only young, i reckon on £10k a week max

Zak Whitbread maybe. He came in before and done well. why would he not get the shout.

Askou can cover! I remember one point everyone raving about Askou. One or two performances later and everyone wants him gone.

We don''t need to use the money there.

I may be wrong, but I believe that Ward, Whitbread and Askou all favour the left side. Barnett and Nelson were the rightsiders. Thus the need for an experienced player on loan.

Gunn mentioned on the scrimmage or let slip that we could get a premier league player on load with the option to make the move permanent.I did start a thread on this but it has yet to appear 30mins later.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]

[/quote]

not if he hasn''t signed a new deal for a while, he''s only young, i reckon on £10k a week max
[/quote]

And it isn''t as if Norwich have to pay all his wages. Cardiff don''t pay all of Bellamy''s and West Ham don''t play all of Wayne Bridge''s. He doesn''t fit Lambert''s "experienced" criteria really though.

As for Richard Dunne, let''s no be silly, he is in the Villa first team. Sol Campbell might be a good shout, or trying to muscle in on Ipswich''s move for Habib Beye wouldn''t be a bad idea. Stuart Parnaby at Birmingham can also do a good turn at centre back. Also I saw David Edgar was suppose to be moving to Swansea on loan but it has fallen through, he could also do the job.

Richard Dunne fell out with Houllier shortly after he arrived. He also missed a few games because of this and nearly signed for Leeds on loan in the transfer window.

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Whatever gloss we can put on this it is a major blow. Hindsight is wonderful but the decision to let Nelson go whilst very humane may come back to haunt us. Given the unexpected nature of the injury there will be no obvious person highlighted and we may be in desperation mode which could prove expensive[/quote]

IMO the decision to release Nelson was nothing to do with being humane. Lambert''s number one priority as the Norwich City manager is making decisions which are in the best interests of the club. He let Nelson go because he didn''t want to keep him - for whatever reason bit certainly not because he was trying to do the best thing for Nelson who of course had lost weight, got very fit and was playing well. IMHO it was a stupid decision which has not come back to haunt us only weeks later.