Sign in to follow this  
Captain Fantastic

Barnett out for season....

Have you got any proof to back that up? Cant see anything online. I still think were looking at 4-6 weeks. But obviously the scans the will tell all.

Fair play apologies. I stand corrected. That a really bad blow. Where could be possibly a strong, honest defender capable of keeping clean sheets against the likes of Forest and QPR?

Damn,that is a massive blow for the promotion push BUT i have every faith in PL and the team to still take us to the promised land,plus the centre back coming in on loan will be a good player i''m sure.

Before anyone goes too overboard at the descision to allow Nelson too leave, lets just wait and see who this ''experienced'' central defender is that Lambert has lined up. Whoever it is might turned out to be better than all our defenders?!

Completely agree with Phatcanary (and not just because of a "big-boned" alliance).

In Lambert we trust although as it stands, a massive dent. We''ve got some very tough games coming, starting tomorrow

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]Before anyone goes too overboard at the descision to allow Nelson too leave, lets just wait and see who this ''experienced'' central defender is that Lambert has lined up. Whoever it is might turned out to be better than all our defenders?![/quote]

Given the lack of strength in depth in central defence, Whitbread''s recent injury history, Nelson''s positive performances (not to mention his ability to score from set pieces) I don''t think it''s "going overboard" at all to suggest that Lambert''s decision "to let Nelson go" was short-sighted and pretty stupid. I really hope that he can get a quality replacement in fast, preferably today before the Leeds game tomorrow, and I also hope that the significant amount of money this will cost will not prevent Lambert from bringing an experienced striker who can score goals - pity that Lambert signings Jackson, Wilbraham and MacNamee can''t. And yes, I know that we wouldn''t be where we are if it hadn''t been for Lambert etc etc and I''m grateful too but that doesn''t mean he''s infallible. 

Absolutely gutted about this. Not only because he has been arguably our best player so far but he has made his central partner look a lot better than they really are!

A big blow

Matbe he''ll surprise us and we''ll see him at the end of April, or is this kind of injury a few months rather than a couple of months?

[quote user="cityangel"]Matbe he''ll surprise us and we''ll see him at the end of April, or is this kind of injury a few months rather than a couple of months?[/quote]I think they said on Radio Norfolk he won''t be back until Pre Season.

[quote user="Harry"][quote user="cityangel"]Matbe he''ll surprise us and we''ll see him at the end of April, or is this kind of injury a few months rather than a couple of months?[/quote]

I think they said on Radio Norfolk he won''t be back until Pre Season.
[/quote]

Thats a real shame then, was hoping he might make the play offs late May if of course we''re in them