Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

Greetings PUPs and welcome to week twenty nine of the free bet season. This week it’s our good friend the lovely City Angel  in charge and making the final selections. Angel is yet another PUP who has been with us practically from the start and has been consistently good with her selections. If I remember rightly Angel gave us a very unlucky 5/6 on her turn last season so I’m sure she is determined to go one better this time. Of course City Angels contribution is not just making selections. Angel also supports our meets and kindly provided some nice things to eat last weekend. So let’s all help her to take a deserved place on Rays line of fame by giving her our very best selections from the weekends games. Don’t forget our PUPs library which is there to help us on the NCISA web site.

It was great to see so many of you PUPs at our social and quiz last Friday evening. It was a great turn out and I’m already looking forward to the next one. The quiz was keenly contested and very close. Well done to winners Wit’s Wonders.

Don’t forget to check out our Face Group page. Kev is updating it every week and it’s a good way of keeping in touch with other PUPs.

Here is the provisional rota for making the final selections in March. Please let me know if these dates are ok.

March 5th  Excited CanaryMarch 12th Inch HighMarch 19th NewYorkCanaryMarch 26th Beauseant

Don’t they look a formidable line up! We’d better hope Billy isn’t looking in!As always, if the dates are not convenient let me know and I’ll facilitate  a change

I’ll hand the free bet over to City Angel now. Enjoy your week in charge, there’s no pressure because we are all going to be doing our best to help you get your name in the Free Bet Hall of fame. We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for our great clubs academy. Good luck all you PUPs... take it away Angel... the free bet is yours.......[:)].....

As always I leave you with Rays signature which now reads :-

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,3,Fellas,3,P''boro,2,Mr Chops,2,NewYork, Inch High,2, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock, Fonejacker,3, Norfolkbroadslim, Norfolkchance1, Scooby,2, Trent Canary, Cosmic Twin, Graham Humphrey, Leedscanary, yes Norfolkchance1 £1182 for the Academy,so far.

Good evening Nutmeister,well helloooooo City Angel and good luck,also to all you other PUPs ot there.

Angel i must just say that your new haircut looked wonderful last friday even down to its new colour.[;)]

Before everyone gets on the bandwagon it has got to be a win in the FA Cup for MAN UTD(1/14) at home v Crawley(28/1).

Off to my happy Dutch stomping ground,hopefully;

AJAX     v     VVV Venlo                              HOME WIN

Good luck CA and all PUPS[Y]

Thanks Nutty for the lovely introduction, it is always a pleasure and privilege to post in the free bet thread and an even bigger pleasure and privilege to be in charge this week.

Every week we give it our best shot and average about 65 selections and that''s because we are all passionate about continuing Ardee''s good work in raising money for our Academy. Not only would he be so proud that  his efforts weren''t in vain but what would have made him even  happier is the team spirit this thread has created and the friendships that have been formed as a result of it.

Back to the selections, you are right I managed 5/6 last year with the help of the PUPS and this weekend I ''m hoping to better that with a full house.

I need as much help as you can all give me ( being a woman [:)] only joking ladies ! ) so keep them picks coming and if you can give me any form/stats on any European fixtures you pick which I am not so knowledgeable about , that would really help me too.

I will be posting my 6 selections Friday night around 8pm which should give everyone plenty of time to, if that''s not too late Nutty.

Over to you lovely PUPS [:)]

Germany is my destination this week

Borussia Dortmund  v  St Pauli  (home win)

Dortmund are 10 points clear of the rest on 52 while St Pauli are mid table on 25 points

Very best of luck CA and all you PUPs [*]

Across the sea to Ireland for me:

LINFIELD -v- Newry HOME WIN

Linfield are 10-3-0 F31 A4 at home and top of league

Newry are 1-0-11 F11 A25 away and one place off the bottom.

Good Luck CA and all you Lovely PUPs

An offering from Italy this weekend

Second placed Napoli (W8 D2 L2 F23 A8 at home) play 16th placed Catania (W0 D4 L8 F7 A20 away)

So its Napoli v Catania - Home Win

Best of luck Angel, and all you wonderful PUPs.

I''ll go for the FA Cup but go for one of the replays - Man City to win at hom to Notts County

What a week, dont think I have ever seen so many dead certs before! Even  Barcelona at home has not attracted anyone yet!

Ill start the ball rolling in Spain with Real Madrid to beat Levante.

Madrid

are 11/0/0 at home. Levante are 2/2/8. Crucially Madrid have not played in

midweek so should be fresh for this one as they chase down Barca.

Good luck CA - It looks a top week for picking.

After being let down by Linfield in the cup last week who drew at home (game was played at Linfield''s ground) to lowly Dunmurry Rec I vowed never to pick another cup game!  And here I am back again the very next week napping another team in the cup, now where did I put that medication?  Like Linfield last week this looks nailed on and hopefully Man U won''t field too much of a weakened team or make so many changes that it unsettles the team and that they won''t underestimate their opponents.

I can''t see Man U slipping up at home to non-league opponents and I don''t think they will take it too lightly as we are getting towards the business end of the competition. 

We all know the pitfalls of the cup but even taking this into account I think you will struggle to find a better home banker.

So, my nap is -

Man U vs Crawley - HOME win

Good luck everybody, best of luck City Angel[:)][Y]

Nurse![+o(]

I was amazed at that Linfield result last week Broadslim. I will always avoid the Irish Cup after that one!!

I have the honour of posting Yankee''s selection for him this week. He left it in my care earlier.

Manchester City to beat Notts County

And of course Yankee sends his best wishes to CityAngel and all you PUPs.

Hi Nutty. Mar 19th is fine for me. I also want to be able to root for Crawley this weekend, so that game is out. I foresee Barca taking their Arsenal Frustration out on Bilbao this weekend, even if they hold some people out. I see a HOME WIN for Barcelona this Sunday. Best of luck!

If the gooners had lost to Barca I''d have said they were nailed on to win at the O''s but now I''m not so sure. Therefore I''m going to go for Man City. Even though they have let me down on numerous occasions...surely they can beat Notts County...

Good Luck Diane and all the pups

Off to the Azerbaijan Premier League this week.

Top of the table Neftci PFK to win away at second from bottom Simurq Zaqatala PFK.

Neftci have stats of W 12 D 6 L2 which includes an impressive 7 wins from 10 away games, while Simurq''s are

W 2 D 6 L 12 and have yet to win a home game this season.

Good Luck to the lovely CityAngel and all PUPs

MC

Scottish League Division Two for me this week to give Angel another alternative. It''s top v bottom. Livinstone at home are W8 D2 L0 F23 A9 while Stenhousemuir away are W1 D1 L7 F5 A19.

Livingstone       V       Stenhousemuir       Home Win

This week is looking promising so lets hope the luck we need happens for us this week.

Colchester to beat Walsall for me this week.

Good luck CA. I know you can do it. The ladies have been doing rather well just lately............. [;)]

If I remember correctly, it was my selection that let CA down last year and it was also one of mine that let Pboro down last week so be warned.

In spite of that and their much improved form under new manager Jim Duffy, I can''t see Scottish 3rd Div, side Clyde getting anything at leaders Arbroath who are (6-2-2-20-12) at home whilst Clyde are (1-1-6-7-21) away so........

Arbroath v Clyde........Home win.

Good luck CA. [Y]

I''ll have to go for Manchester United too, I''m afraid. Goodluck everyone and particularly the lovely City Angel [{][}]

I''m fine for the 26th March and looking forward to it!

After my failure last week I''m hoping to get beck to winning ways to try and help you out CA.

I don''t think this has been picked yet but I recommend Udinese Vs Brescia - Home Win

Udinese have not lost in 8 games a run which includes a home win agaisnt Inter, an away win against Juve and a 4-4 draw away to AC Milan.

Brescia have lost 6 of their last 9 (2 wins and 1 draw) and haven''t won away from home since the 19th September and have only scored 7 goals.

Davo