Sign in to follow this  
barclayboy1902

which striker ??

Without being too obscure, we might not need a big name but we do need someone. Remember David Nielsen and his 5 goals in 5 games- big part in getting us to the play off final. Hadn''t heard of him before or since. Just really did the business for a few games, Marc Libbra is another one, as was Mat Svensson.

It''s almost as if we just need another forward - on the cheap, on loan, whatever, just someone that might bring that additional spark.

[quote user="barclayboy1902"]lambert could just be the man to get macarthy scoring again, he is a proven goalscorer for sure, i know west ham fined him for being overweight but surely he still trains with them.[/quote]

Only when he is forced to !!

Good shout. But I don''t think Fulham are blessed with strikers. I would have him and has the pace we need and scores goals in this league.

[quote user="priceyrice"]I like the sound of Lupoli, dunno what everyone thinks about his loan spell here, but there were some games he looked really talented. He really didn''t get on well with Roeder, i know that for a fact, so maybe under Lambert we will get the best out of him. Wenger used to say he was the best finisher int he squad when at Arsenal.[/quote]

Lupoli for a month is the kind of player I was thinking of in my earlier post.

I think deep down we all know Lambert will just keep rotating Martin ,Jackson and Wilbraham for the rest of the season , fingers crossed it does not cost us but there are some very tough away games coming along and we cannot afford to dominate as we did at Burnley and come away with nothing.Looking at this weeks fixtures a defeat at Leeds will almost certainly drop us to 6th and Leicester are looking relentless , how good a loan signing has Yakubu been , thats what we need somebody who can put a chance away when it comes along, far to many went begging again Saturday .

agreed, too many chances went begging, we really need a fox in the box who will put these chances away.kevin phillips type. micheal owen anyone !!

2m = 125k per week till end of season

[quote user="barclayboy1902"]i also thought lupoli added something when he was here before[/quote]

I''d like to see him back too.

As someone said earlier, Rodent wasn''t the man to get the best out of him.

Be fair barclayboy, he did get the best out of Lee Croft. Whether it was just because he told all the shops  not to sell him any chocolate, crisps or sweets I don''t know but he seemed to lose a couple of stone and run like he''d never run before under him. 

Blake ..... mmmm maybe. Do you know what, I reckon Hucks could bloody help us for the rest of the season. I just cannot believe that even now he couldn''t do a job as a super sub and improve our team.

[quote user="The gut"]Be fair barclayboy, he did get the best out of Lee Croft. Whether it was just because he told all the shops  not to sell him any chocolate, crisps or sweets I don''t know but he seemed to lose a couple of stone and run like he''d never run before under him. [/quote]

Don''t forget Roeder''s bit ch Pattison. [;)]

Got a feeling that PL is still trying to get a return from Jackson and doesn''t seem to want to part with more money on a striker like him until he''s had a full season to prove himself. Unfortunately that could bugger up the chances of promo this season

Some of the suggestions in the thread are rather ambitious. No way we''ll get anyone like Lita, Mackail Smith or the likes. I think Ched would be worth a punt. There''s also been some rumours about Simon Cox of West Brom. He''d be good.

[quote user="TheGoogler"]Some of the suggestions in the thread are rather ambitious. No way we''ll get anyone like Lita, Mackail Smith or the likes. I think Ched would be worth a punt. There''s also been some rumours about Simon Cox of West Brom. He''d be good.[/quote]

I do agree with you, apart from the ambitious bit - we HAVE to be ambitious. Whoever it is has got to be proven at this level for me - nows not the time to take gambles, we really need tried and tested. To be fair whilst i agree getting Lita would be difficult or nigh on impossible, equally i can''t see why he''d be any harder to obtain than Ched - Neither club would want to let either of those strikers go, despite Ched''s inconsistances. To be honest, i admit that Lita was more wishful thinking on my part - I have no doubt he''d do better for an attacking side like us rather than inconsistant Reading, is very much proven at this level - and I''d put money on automatic promotion if he got involved.