Sign in to follow this  
barclayboy1902

which striker ??

if we are to go for a loan striker who would you choose,im all for young and hungry but id rather see experienced and proven. just look at the lift jimmy bullard as given ipswich. so based on that who do you think we could realistically get in on loan, benjanni, benni macarthy, kevin phillips, jason roberts, cant think of too many.

[quote user="barclayboy1902"]if we are to go for a loan striker who would you choose,im all for young and hungry but id rather see experienced and proven. just look at the lift jimmy bullard as given ipswich. so based on that who do you think we could realistically get in on loan, benjanni, benni macarthy, kevin phillips, jason roberts, cant think of too many.[/quote]Benjani and Roberts are both in the Blackburn team on a regular basis. I also think Macarthy is too unfit and would take too long to get into the swing of it. Not sure who else to be honest.

lambert could just be the man to get macarthy scoring again, he is a proven goalscorer for sure, i know west ham fined him for being overweight but surely he still trains with them.

[quote user="barclayboy1902"]if we are to go for a loan striker who would you choose,im all for young and hungry but id rather see experienced and proven. just look at the lift jimmy bullard as given ipswich. so based on that who do you think we could realistically get in on loan, benjanni, benni macarthy, kevin phillips, jason roberts, cant think of too many.[/quote]

To be honest I would rather save the money to spend on a player or 3 of our own in the summer than spend most of it on the huge wages of a premiership player that may or may not be motivated / bothered to perform at their best.

I don''t think we will go for, or get, any of the players you''ve mentioned. One player I''d like to see us go for if we are to look in the Prem for a loan striker would be Fabio Borini.

loans are a great opportunity to get players in and test them out, also they come and see what a great area norfolk is to live, which means you can sell the club to players who prior to signing on loan would have no interest in coming here (hucks). Also commit to signing a player and your stuck with them ala jackson 600,000 and now his goals are hard to come by ( at the minute) he is probably worth 250,000.

I would have said Eidur Gudjohnsen but he is at Fulham now. He is a class act and if Stoke don''t want him in the summer then I reckon he would be worth a shout even at 32/33.

Right now I would probably see if Jeremie Aliadiere is up to it. Free Agent so possibility of giving him a short term deal and should he play well a long term one. He has had a trial at Newcastle though so would depend on whether they take a gamble on him or not.

Perhaps a silly idea but Arturo Lupoli - gone of the radar a bit but I thought he had something about him but just needed the right manager to get it out of him rather than Roeder.

If we were going to the route of bringing smeone on loan with a view for a permanant move then David Templeton at Hearts would be my choice.

We want a player who has been in this position before who can use his experience and quality to help us in the final push, not an unproven striker who may or may not score a couple. Borini may have the potential, but we want a player who can do it here and now. Kevin Phillips is a good shout. Also this may sound a ridiculous proposition as he may be playing regularly, but is Ebanks-Blake playing for Wolves regularly? I''ve always thought he was a top striker in this League, and would really put us in the mix at the end of the season

I like the sound of Lupoli, dunno what everyone thinks about his loan spell here, but there were some games he looked really talented. He really didn''t get on well with Roeder, i know that for a fact, so maybe under Lambert we will get the best out of him. Wenger used to say he was the best finisher int he squad when at Arsenal.

No one really stands out now. I think we missed the boat really as the likes of Miller, Bednar, Keogh have been snapped up on loan. Ebanks Blake would be fantastic but I cant see Wolves allowing him to leave. If anything happens to Fletcher or Doyle he will be right in contention.

How about this Jamie Cureton lad, he seems to banging in the goals at the moment?

Ebanks Blake would be an awesome signing imho.

Not sure how many games he is getting at Wolves atm tho?

If we could get him in with a view to a perm move that would be fantastic.

That''s a good question Barclayboy, but I think by the replies it is difficult to think of someone who is available and would want to come. I think Kevin Phillips is wanting another contract in the summer but is frustrated at not getting a regular starting place with Birmingham. McCleish wants to keep him but doesn''t want to start him. I think he would really offer us something and as we could  offer him a realistic chance of starting for us on loan this season and on a contract next season then he could be interested. He may not fit the bill with Lambert''s full criteria but by all accounts it seems that he is just as hungry to play as ever. In his prime I don''t think he could ever be described as a big time charlie. Trouble is I think he may still want to hang about at brum to maybe get a chance to play in the Carling Cup final this season. I would love to see him here. 

Will Iwan Roberts or Dion Dublin come out of retirement?

I wouldn''t mind getting Danny Graham, Paul Kitson or Shane Long with a view to a permanent move but think only Kitson is realistic. I would have thought they could all play with Holt.