Sign in to follow this  
dhickl

So why are Leeds fans among the most disliked...

[quote user="City1st"]The reason most fans dislike Leeds fans is because at some point they have met them. I don''t know what explains their behaviour - maybe a chip on their shoulder, an inferiority complex and just plain ignorance. It does seem the moment they meet the rest of society they haveseem to have something to prove. Sadly that something is all too often that they ARE either stupider or more cretinous than you would first think. There is also a sense that there is an obligation to play up to the ''thick northerner'' image that is so often portrayed in the media. Maybe it is all a send up. Attacking kids, abusing families and threatening anyone who doesn''t look like they will reply is one big joke - rather like some Fast Show character. However until you let us all the joke most will still regard you in the same way you might when a foul smell tells you that you have trodden in something. Perhaps your club might take a bucket of hot soapy water and wash away the excrescence that has attached itself to it, who knows, that''s their problem. Until then there is still some novelty attached to seeing your fans - rather like seeing the monkey at Cromer zoo many years back who would spend his time either masturbating furiously or throwing his own excrement at anyone who came close enough to him (maybe he was a Leeds fan, again who knows). ps "it obviously means an awful lot to be successful in the third tier of english football" if success means getting out of there as quickly as possible then yes, it meant an awful lot to us strange then how you lot seemed to stay there for so long - perhaps it wasn''t so embarrassing for your club or it''s fans[/quote]

I love the sweeping generalisation of all Leeds fans. Go and stand by the statue saturday before kick off with the wife and kids (who knows maybe they''re the same thing) and no-one will touch you, it will just be the normal match day traffic. you just love the old "Big bad leeds" thing. more fool you. No chips on shoulders, no inferiority complex (certainly not to you humble folk, of whom we have nothing to prove to either). just passionate fans. And yes I suppose we attacked all your family and kids. Biggest load of boll0cks I''ve heard. We still laugh at you for saying that, when a few of your lot got carted off to the cells (I suppose they were upstanding citizens in the wrong place at the wrong time!!)

Bless you and your narrow-minded outlook. Every club has it''s muppets, but it sounds like you like to latch on to the latest rumour, the type of person who heard a swaer word from the leed fans and furiously wrote a letter of complaint to LUFC. Grow up.

[quote user="norwichwhite"]Morty you say you couldn''t a shiney about leeds......but keep going on and on and on.

here are some facts.
Us leeds fans were in the complete angler last season having a few drinks and a sing song. at 2.20 your lot left rocco''s and decide to try their luck at the complete angler. your lads started with the threats and the songs. things were thrown and several of your lads were arrested(none of ours).
one of your main boys who i holiday with every year has some nice scars on his arm from a cop dog from the fracas outside the pub.
on the way to the ground we were still being given a hostile reception(we had kids in our group).......... we accept this as par for the course when we go away. we dont moan like old women..... it happens.

I or no one i go to games with wanted grayson out and i heard nothing on the terraces. if you are relying on what is posted on waccoe then you are more deluded than some of them who post on there.

I''m glad you won league 1 as i had a large bet e/w @33/1 for you to win the league after you played brentford.

i will not try to explain why we are champions of europe but its a fact that until wrongs are righted we will always be the champions of europe.

pink un posters favourite subject........attendances
we are the best supported club away from home selling all our allocations at every club we go to(6k plus at barnsley and coventry)
our home attendances are less impressive but there are reasons......
1. a lot of supporters go to away games but refuse to go to ER while bates is at the helm.
2. we have a large following from all over the country and affording to go to every home game is difficult in difficult times. hence people cherry pick the games they go to. i have managed 13 games this season and am going saturday. i am taking my 3 sons and 3 blokes who i deal with through work tickets and train have cost me £350.00 a normal saturday costs me £200.00 times that by 20 games a season and its not cheap.
3.our season tickets are about the most expensive in the league with kids ticket starting above £200 and adults £500.

from what i''ve been told norwich tickets start @ £100 for kids.

your nearest rival is 45 miles away with no other sport to challenge your support. leeds has rugby league and union, cricket and numerous other football clubs. lets be honest if you live in norfolk there is fook all else to do on saturday unless you follow city or like me travel mile to follow another team.

its a shame sarcasm is always missed by us good old norfolk folk.

lighten up and look forward to saturday...........i know i will .........5.57am train from norwich arriving in leeds at 9.35 after several sherbets on the train a big yorkshire breakfast will be enjoyed before a few more pints.
whatever the result saturday it  will  not finalise anything.............. a lot more games and a lot more points before anything is decided.

MOT

[/quote]

Ha, The reasoned argument! We''ve got them now! [6]

Its ok to quote the cost and Bates as reasons why the other 15,000 don''t turn up every week. But I''d bet that if you get promoted to the Premier League those 15,000 will be there every week - the cost will cease to be an issue. As will the Bates viewpoint.

We had 26,000 fans in League 1, if we go up we''ll have 26,000 in the premier league.

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]Its ok to quote the cost and Bates as reasons why the other 15,000 don''t turn up every week. But I''d bet that if you get promoted to the Premier League those 15,000 will be there every week - the cost will cease to be an issue. As will the Bates viewpoint. We had 26,000 fans in League 1, if we go up we''ll have 26,000 in the premier league.[/quote]#

well done, we had 27,000 in league 1, we''ll have 40,000 in the premier league. you''ve just widened the gap [Y]

i dont doubt that when we get back to the premiership we will have 40k there most weeks, all the glory hunters will return........ not knowing any of the players or how the real fans got behind their team when we were at our lowest. will i welcome them???????? will i fook. they will expect to sit on their £45 seats and moan when we stand. fook emare we the only club with glory hunters????????? i doubt it...... we had 250k apply for tickets for the playoff game against cardiff. are you telling me that if you get to wembley in the play-offs you will only have only 26k want tickets............ i dont think so.dont you think that if you get back to the prem you wont have some pissed off fans who went to the league 1 but wont get tickets beccause of some glory hunter who just wants to see prem games.... if you dont your deluded

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]So you''ve got 15,000 glory supporters then.[/quote]

The grasp of basic mathematics make 40,000 minus 27,000 13,000. [;)]

Oh dear, '' another ''flat cap wannabe'' is getting upset.

No chips on their shoulder he squeaks, conveniently overloooking a fellow wannabe;ss queaks about how poor Leeds were cheated out of the European Cup iin ''75, so are still champions until it is righted ! No chip there then.

Of course the lowlife don''t squeak so much about the offside goal scored by WBA in the 71/72 season. A goal that cost them the title. It may have been somnething to do with a Leeds player trying the bribe the Wolves team in the last game of that season.

I was working with Danny Hegan in ''79 and he stated quite clearly, and was adamant, that Bremner offered him a £1000 each for his team to throw the game. Wolves played out of theirs skins and beat Leeds. Deby clinched the title by one point.

Rumours had been circulating quite freely about Revie''s ''tactics for quite a while. Whether other clubs ha done it, whether the ref in Paris in ''75 HAD taken a bribe I don''t know. But that was where part of the accusation directed at Leeds for being cheats came from.

To try and deflect from the moronic behaviour of Leeds fans is the farcical. Of course virtually every club has idiot fans. These fans tend to vent their anger on likeminded ''fans''.

It is ONLY Leeds fans who have abused kids and families. I''ve been going to Carrow Road since the sixties and seen some ''extraordinary'' stuff. For the record the eighties were handbags at dawn compared to the seventies, It was complete mayhem then with very little segregation bar a line of coppers linking arms (I kid you not) and fighting often spilled out to mass brawls throught the City before and after the game.

However I never witnessed or heard of the stuff that went on when this load of lowlife scum turned up. Maybe it''s just Norwich they had something to prove to, but no. up and down the country, across the decades these arzpieces have behaved in a similar fashion.

An event (that was overshadowed by the horrific scenes on the same day at Bradford in ''85) saw this lot trying to wreck St Andrews. When club legend Andy Gray came on to the pitch to try and call for calm it was Leeds fans who pelted him with missiles. A sickening display that also saw a 14 year old fan crushed to death in the Leeds end.

I don''t doubt that that we''ll be treated to more weasel words in defence of these scum. More bleats that every club''s fans do this, that there are some jolly nice Leeds fans and there is nothing wrong with ''passion.''

It is not stereotyping, it is reflecting what pretty much everyone in football knows. As to growinhg up you know and I know that your club has a huge following of lowlife scum. Denying it or even trying to apologise for it won''t change a thing - but it denying and apologising might demonstrate to fans on here why your fans have not moved on.

Not grown up, in fact.

I dont deny we have had our element of trouble makers and i wont deny i was at birmingham when the young 15yr old lad from northampton died when the wall collapsed on him as we left the game.the riot that day was started when brum invaded the pitch. we responded that was the way it was.i was at WBA when we got relegated in 82 and invaded the pitch trying to get the game abandoned as we were losing.i was at grimsby when there were reports we had beaten pensioners and killed a dog.chelsea when i was one of the 188 arrested at piccadilly circus for a mass brawl.there are many more that i attended and some i missed.we did have a large contingent of hooligans and still have an element who will appear when the chance of a ruck is on with like minded individuals.as with all battles there is always the chance that innocent people could get caught up in the fray.norwich are not as innocent as you would have us believe. in the late 70''s and early 80''s. i would go to carrow road (when i could not go to leeds)with like minded individuals who would meet up in the Bell or the pheasant and cock. i have seen innocent people knocked to the ground on prince of wales road in a running battle with spurs.cars pushed in the river on riverside outside boulton and pauls against man city.cars smashed up on rose lane as away supporters left the city.running battles in ipswich town centre and around the park area as innocents left the ground.a mob of 50 invading the home end at lincoln in an evening match(cup game if i remember rightly)more recently some of my old mates made national headlines when they attacked a pub in leicester and ended up in prison.you still have a element of fans who go looking for trouble and like us when it kicks off.......you sometimes get innocent victims.when we played you last year a lot of your young fans thought it was a laugh to take the piss. they got it wrong when they thought it would just pass by you stick you hand in the fire you will get burnt. you should teach kids that from a young age if you dont some one else will.dont patronise us with its all dirty leeds. we had been the best team in the country at the time and a easy target for mass coverage that would sell papers.liverpool caused more deaths and caused more trouble away along with the manc scum than leeds did but were never given the bad press we were.remember the manc scum dismantling carrow rd when innocents were scared for their lives............or does that not suit your agenda.

I live in a city where the Wendy''s and the Blunt''s are always kicking sh*t out of each even though they live next to each other - it really is very rare for supporters of one club will be friends with supporters of the other - no matter what age group.  However one thing they can agree on and join up together for is their hatred of Leeds.  But that''s more of a city thing - the perceived arrogance of Leeds fans on here is very much the view of Leeds people in general from Sheffield folk.   Leeds have built their city on commerce (i.e. not got their hands dirty) whilst Sheffield is built on hard graft and craftmanship - the latter being seen as more noble, even more so since the Banking crash. It does mean that a few thousand people in Sheff will be happy to support the Green & Yellows on Saturday though.Just another reason that some folk hate Leeds.COYY!

Blimey, this is becoming a good history lesson!!!

The moral of the story is that football has had many dark days, yes I got a kicking at Elland Road in the early 1980 when still at school, so let''s move on and look forward to the game on sat.

Does it matter if Leeds have more fans than us, it''s a bigger city and yes they used to be very famous.

It''s a level playing field now, been to Leeds many times, saw us get relegated from the Prem there in the 90s, never seen us win there, one I will!!!

Enjoy the game!!!!

All too predictable, I''m afraid. Whining apologist sh1te that conveniently overlooks the points made - and the accusations made by so many others.

It is not about hooligans fighting. I have clearly stated that every club has it''s idiots. It is about mindless vandalism, wilful attacks upon the families, kids and older fans.

Sickenly this saddo justifies it with " you should teach kids that from a young age if you dont some one else will ". Yep, gobbing in the face of an 8 year old and threatening his dad is now some kind of warped educative process. Any wonder that 20 years on from Bournemouth this same pig ignorant, chip on the shoulder attitude continues.

The stuff in Bournemouth in 1990 was NOT about football either. Those cretins were smashing up stuff the friday night before. Setting fire to beach huts is, I suppose, having "a ruck with like minded individuals" . Likeminded intellectually, more like.

But then contrary to your tosh about Birmingham fans, it was NOT Birmingham fans that were the cause of the troubles, it was your lot breaking into the ground and then smashing it up when Brum scored first. Remind us where the lad was when he was killed. Remind us how your fans responded to Eddie Grays pitchside appeal.

As to the bribery, it matters little whether it was published because it made headlines or not. It was cheating. A level that could not always be continued when it came to the crunch and the other side finally had something to play for. Any idea why Leeds ''bottled it'' so many times when they got into the final furlong ?

But then, in reply to the original question posed ''why are Leeds fans among the most disliked ?'' I would say it is not the bribery, the cheating, the previous history of violence - it''s the fact that decade after decade these neanderthals still have not moved on. Still carry the same inferiority complex, still the same chip on the shoulder about some dodgy refereeing decison over 35 years ago.

Maybe, like the monkey in Cromer zoo, they will eventually die off. Perhaps in the mean time they could install a Leeds fan in Cromer zoo. If nothing it might give evidence of Darwens theory of evolution - albeit going in reverse.

city 1st i was not apologising for anything. these things happened. papers have printed crap about us for years.i came on this board after last years game. i was expecting leeds fans to be up in court for all kinds of crimes against your precious fans after reading the crap that was spouted on here. as far as im aware no leeds fan ended up in court.plenty of norwich fans did end up in court for an attempted attack on leeds supporters in the complete angler which contained women and children. but lets not let facts get in the way of your agenda.as for your percieved knowledge of everything leeds. you know fook all. us claiming to be the champions of europe is not just about the defeat by bayern munich its about the greek ref who was convicted of match fixing our 1973 cup winners cup final which we lost to AC Milan. the man was found to have been a cheat but the result was never overturned. so until we are given the trophy...... we will always be the champions of europe."leeds bottled it so many times" ............... leeds did not bottle it we often played 60plus games a season with a squad of 14-15 players. revie should have concentrated on a couple of trophys a season instead of trying to win evertything and failing because of battle scared players who had nothing left to give.are leeds the most disliked supporters...............i hope so. i would rather be part of a passionate club and fans, than a club who has to play music when they score to get a reaction from their fans.

[quote user="City1st"]Oh dear, '' another ''flat cap wannabe'' is getting upset.

No chips on their shoulder he squeaks, conveniently overloooking a fellow wannabe;ss queaks about how poor Leeds were cheated out of the European Cup iin ''75, so are still champions until it is righted ! No chip there then.

Of course the lowlife don''t squeak so much about the offside goal scored by WBA in the 71/72 season. A goal that cost them the title. It may have been somnething to do with a Leeds player trying the bribe the Wolves team in the last game of that season.

I was working with Danny Hegan in ''79 and he stated quite clearly, and was adamant, that Bremner offered him a £1000 each for his team to throw the game. Wolves played out of theirs skins and beat Leeds. Deby clinched the title by one point.

Rumours had been circulating quite freely about Revie''s ''tactics for quite a while. Whether other clubs ha done it, whether the ref in Paris in ''75 HAD taken a bribe I don''t know. But that was where part of the accusation directed at Leeds for being cheats came from.

To try and deflect from the moronic behaviour of Leeds fans is the farcical. Of course virtually every club has idiot fans. These fans tend to vent their anger on likeminded ''fans''.

It is ONLY Leeds fans who have abused kids and families. I''ve been going to Carrow Road since the sixties and seen some ''extraordinary'' stuff. For the record the eighties were handbags at dawn compared to the seventies, It was complete mayhem then with very little segregation bar a line of coppers linking arms (I kid you not) and fighting often spilled out to mass brawls throught the City before and after the game.

However I never witnessed or heard of the stuff that went on when this load of lowlife scum turned up. Maybe it''s just Norwich they had something to prove to, but no. up and down the country, across the decades these arzpieces have behaved in a similar fashion.

An event (that was overshadowed by the horrific scenes on the same day at Bradford in ''85) saw this lot trying to wreck St Andrews. When club legend Andy Gray came on to the pitch to try and call for calm it was Leeds fans who pelted him with missiles. A sickening display that also saw a 14 year old fan crushed to death in the Leeds end.

I don''t doubt that that we''ll be treated to more weasel words in defence of these scum. More bleats that every club''s fans do this, that there are some jolly nice Leeds fans and there is nothing wrong with ''passion.''

It is not stereotyping, it is reflecting what pretty much everyone in football knows. As to growinhg up you know and I know that your club has a huge following of lowlife scum. Denying it or even trying to apologise for it won''t change a thing - but it denying and apologising might demonstrate to fans on here why your fans have not moved on.

Not grown up, in fact.[/quote]

oh do fvck off now you bore.

For someone who hates us you claim to know an awful lot about. Closet fan? dare i say a bit of grudging admiration?

So where are all the women and kids we so brutally attacked?

I''ll repeat what your battered mind doesn''t seem to take in. You''ve heard some rubbish and it suited your agenda, so it goes.

Whatever suits hey?

[quote user="EssexWhite"][quote user="City1st"]Oh dear, '' another ''flat cap wannabe'' is getting upset.

Not grown up, in fact.[/quote]

oh do fvck off now you bore.

For someone who hates us you claim to know an awful lot about. Closet fan? dare i say a bit of grudging admiration?

So where are all the women and kids we so brutally attacked?

I''ll repeat what your battered mind doesn''t seem to take in. You''ve heard some rubbish and it suited your agenda, so it goes.

Whatever suits hey?[/quote]At the end of the day this is a Norwich Forum, if you don''t like what''s said on here don''t bother logging in.

At least the resident lard muncher acknowledges how the rest of football see them. Even the players have their own way on expressing what they think of the fans - just need to move the right forearm down a bit.Sadly the other one is still in cloud cuckoo land.

On the basis that if no court action followed then no offence happened why is he still bleating about stuff that happened against Bayern Munich and AC Milan. No match official "ended up in court" so presumably nothing happened.

Even allowing his childish whinge, two things follow. One the Cup Winner Cup was not the senior cup so you would not have been champions of Europe and second the cup is only held for a year.

The irony of him and the rest of the dimwits bleating about bribery given the Wolves game is not lost on the rest of us. As to what I know it comes from ifairly mpeccable sources - I worked in the game way back and saw, reported and heard so much about this odious bunch of lowlife. Nothing has changed. Society has, they haven''t.

To describe attacking kids and families, asian shopkeepers and anyone else that often has no connection to the game as passion is perhaps a measure of the man you are.

I should think the Cromer zoo monkey must be spinning in his grave to know that he is being compared to a Leeds fan.

What I do find funny is that clearly Jonny is about 16, and has no idea about any of the history of Leeds, so he just pretends he likes being hated. Essex & Norwich white can at least involve themselves in a discussion about it all. Jonny just has no clue. [:)]

[quote user="City1st"]At least the resident lard muncher acknowledges how the rest of football see them. Even the players have their own way on expressing what they think of the fans - just need to move the right forearm down a bit.Sadly the other one is still in cloud cuckoo land. On the basis that if no court action followed then no offence happened why is he still bleating about stuff that happened against Bayern Munich and AC Milan. No match official "ended up in court" so presumably nothing happened. Even allowing his childish whinge, two things follow. One the Cup Winner Cup was not the senior cup so you would not have been champions of Europe and second the cup is only held for a year. The irony of him and the rest of the dimwits bleating about bribery given the Wolves game is not lost on the rest of us. As to what I know it comes from ifairly mpeccable sources - I worked in the game way back and saw, reported and heard so much about this odious bunch of lowlife. Nothing has changed. Society has, they haven''t. To describe attacking kids and families, asian shopkeepers and anyone else that often has no connection to the game as passion is perhaps a measure of the man you are. I should think the Cromer zoo monkey must be spinning in his grave to know that he is being compared to a Leeds fan.[/quote]

and where did I say attacking kids, families, and asians was passion?

and you still have not come forward with the kids and families in question? another figment of your extensive and disorientated imagination?

also FYI, theres an asian-run newsagents opposite Elland Road. Still there after all these years. But damn, that doesn''t suit the agenda either, another hurdle I''m sure you''ve encountered whilst being a tea boy at the local paper no doubt.

rest your jealous soul, it''ll all be over soon. You sad, sad individual.

[quote user="City1st"]At least the resident lard muncher acknowledges how the rest of football see them. Even the players have their own way on expressing what they think of the fans - just need to move the right forearm down a bit.Sadly the other one is still in cloud cuckoo land. On the basis that if no court action followed then no offence happened why is he still bleating about stuff that happened against Bayern Munich and AC Milan. No match official "ended up in court" so presumably nothing happened. Even allowing his childish whinge, two things follow. One the Cup Winner Cup was not the senior cup so you would not have been champions of Europe and second the cup is only held for a year. The irony of him and the rest of the dimwits bleating about bribery given the Wolves game is not lost on the rest of us. As to what I know it comes from ifairly mpeccable sources - I worked in the game way back and saw, reported and heard so much about this odious bunch of lowlife. Nothing has changed. Society has, they haven''t. To describe attacking kids and families, asian shopkeepers and anyone else that often has no connection to the game as passion is perhaps a measure of the man you are. I should think the Cromer zoo monkey must be spinning in his grave to know that he is being compared to a Leeds fan.[/quote]

--

I love the charming naivety of thinking that because no-one ended up in court nothing untoward had happened. But certainly in the case of the Leeds v Milan case someone did:

Christos Michas was a Greek football referee who was convicted of match fixing in the 1970s, most notably the 1973 European Cup Winners'' Cup Final.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

--

I love the charming naivety of thinking that because no-one ended up in court nothing untoward had happened. But certainly in the case of the Leeds v Milan case someone did:

Christos Michas was a Greek football referee who was convicted of match fixing in the 1970s, most notably the 1973 European Cup Winners'' Cup Final.

[/quote]

You would have thought the local top journo know-it-all would notice something like that. [8-)]

Ssssshhhhhh.

I wasn''t going to comment on this as I''ve got two Leeds fans as friends who are both really good blokes & we''ve had a lot of banter over this season & last & we are all looking forward to Saturday & who will have bragging rights.I''ve read Essexwhites comments & can''t decide if he''s on this forum with the deliberate intention of winding people up or whether he behaves like this normally? Personally I haven''t got a problem with Leeds fans or any other teams fans but I cringe at his every comment,it''s embarrassing & he must surely be an embarrassment to any decent Leeds fan having a look at the oppositions forums.Please Essexwhite,I would urge you to stick to the Leeds forums as everytime you open your mouth you come across as an arrogant patronising c**k.Honestly,you are embarrassing & not the literary genius with a flair for reasoned football discussion that you think you are.

[quote user="fire3822"]I wasn''t going to comment on this as I''ve got two Leeds fans as friends who are both really good blokes & we''ve had a lot of banter over this season & last & we are all looking forward to Saturday & who will have bragging rights.
I''ve read Essexwhites comments & can''t decide if he''s on this forum with the deliberate intention of winding people up or whether he behaves like this normally?
 Personally I haven''t got a problem with Leeds fans or any other teams fans but I cringe at his every comment,it''s embarrassing & he must surely be an embarrassment to any decent Leeds fan having a look at the oppositions forums.
Please Essexwhite,I would urge you to stick to the Leeds forums as everytime you open your mouth you come across as an arrogant patronising c**k.
Honestly,you are embarrassing & not the literary genius with a flair for reasoned football discussion that you think you are.
[/quote]

I''m not winding anyone up, I already said I''m on here to talk about the match. You seem to have got that wrong.

I was just defending my club as you would do.

I just think ome on here are a little sensitive, that''s all.

I also never claimed to have literary genius. Judging on the above, it''s just as well you didn''t make that claim either.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

--

I love the charming naivety of thinking that because no-one ended up in court nothing untoward had happened. But certainly in the case of the Leeds v Milan case someone did:Christos Michas was a Greek football referee who was convicted of match fixing in the 1970s, most notably the 1973 European Cup Winners'' Cup Final.

[/quote]purple canary please dont spoil the chest thumpimg of city1st and his renowned knowledge of the dark side of leeds united. this is a man of immense literary knowledge who was in the presence of all who know of the dirty cheating leeds.my guess is city1st was the post boy at the Sun. who like him are renowned for giving false information and forgetting to deal in facts when it doesnt suits their agenda.this travesty of justice was also brought up in by local MPs but the powers of european football would not change the result.

[quote user="norwichwhite"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

--

[/quote]

purple canary please dont spoil the chest thumpimg of city1st and his renowned knowledge of the dark side of leeds united.
this is a man of immense literary knowledge who was in the presence of all who know of the dirty cheating leeds.

my guess is city1st was the post boy at the Sun. who like him are renowned for giving false information and forgetting to deal in facts when it doesnt suits their agenda.

this travesty of justice was also brought up in by local MPs but the powers of european football would not change the result.
[/quote]

---

It''s nothing personal with me, norwichwhite. I''ll spoil anyone''s fun with hard facts.[;)]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="norwichwhite"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

--

[/quote]

purple canary please dont spoil the chest thumpimg of city1st and his renowned knowledge of the dark side of leeds united.
this is a man of immense literary knowledge who was in the presence of all who know of the dirty cheating leeds.

my guess is city1st was the post boy at the Sun. who like him are renowned for giving false information and forgetting to deal in facts when it doesnt suits their agenda.

this travesty of justice was also brought up in by local MPs but the powers of european football would not change the result.
[/quote]

---

It''s nothing personal with me, norwichwhite. I''ll spoil anyone''s fun with hard facts.[;)]

[/quote]

You''re in the right place then mate, with some of the cack your friends have made up [:)]

Fair play.

on a more civilised note. How will Lambert set up, the familiar diamond?

its quite obvious we''ll be:

Kasper,

Lichaj, Bruce, O Brien, Mccartney

Johnson Kilkenny

Snodgrass Howson Gradel

Becchio.

With goal machine Somma on the bench with mccormack, paynter, sam, bromby, higgs, and parker.

I''ve said before. Heart says 2-1 leeds, head says 1-1 draw [:(]   

Oh dear

one of our lard munching wannabes IS getting himself rather over exited

"So where are all the women and kids we so brutally attacked?"

Where did I use the word brutally ? I did not. There were numerous reports of kids and families being attacked. I saw enough around the ground. Ask a grown up junior. Attack can mean both verbal as well as physical - ask a grown up.

"the local top journo"

I never claimed to be a journalist. I would suggest that virtually all of those working in the game are not journalists. Try asking a grown up what reporting means. Referees assessors also report (I was not one)

"No match official "ended up in court" - the clue might have been in the commas.

As to the question posed "why are Leeds fans among the most disliked..." I think essexsh1te has given us a far better answer than ever I could.

My time is up, back to back shifts and I have no wish to waste time poking fun at our northern monkey ''friends'' in my own time.

Is Cromer Northern ? Yes if you live south of North Walsham

ps to any City fans going tomorrow - it is not a speech impediment so don''t laugh, and the beer does contain about a quarter of a pint and 5 inches of froth (much like the fans)

otherwise enjoy and remember just how lucky you are