Sign in to follow this  
dhickl

So why are Leeds fans among the most disliked...

http://www.thescratchingshed.com/2011/02/mr-chairman-got-love-for-the-norwich-city-folk/

Ahead of Norwich City’s visit to Elland Road this Saturday, Ken Bates has come over all mutually respectful…

“They are a good team, a good club, and they are well run.”

What he meant to add at this point was, “but they are also small-time cretins with six fingers who think they are worthy of a place in the Premier League. What the f**k does a chef know about football? Stay in the kitchen Delia… that’s what I say”

I guess they are still bitter for messing up last season and being below us this one too!

"Among the most disliked, whoa whoa, let''s get this right sonny jim....we ARE the most disliked, kids these days eh."Proud of that Jonny ?  Or embarrassed ?

Another Leeds fan here (don''t worry, we''re not all flocking to your boards ahead of the game, I actually live in Norwich).

I was actually quite embarrassed by that article, particularly being a resident of Norwich. There was no reason to bad-mouth the city or team.

I could understand to some extent if it was an article about Man U, but as far as I''m concerned our 2 teams are not rivals and have no more of a dislike towards each other than any other 2 teams.

I and my friends had our Norwich scarfs stolen by Leeds fans at Carrow Road when I was about 11 so their attitude to other fans may be the reason. I''ll be reappraising them when I enter their social club as a guest on Saturday...... [:D]

Brilliant. Another ridiculous amount of posts about our new "rivals" Leeds.Leeds mean nothing to us, and im sure we mean less than that to them.Ask any football fan nationwide (maybe not Ipswich) for one phrase to describe us....."they play football the right way"Ask any football fan nationwide (even in Leeds apparently) to describe them and theyd say:"dirty players, dirty fans"Lets just leave it at that shall we?And before we have any wannabe stone island wearing chavs coming on here bigging themselevs up,lets not kid ourselves....If Leeds neanderthals and whatever Norwich managed to conjure up square off then thered only be one winner. We are a decent footballing,family club. They however are not.

[quote user="6088m canary"]Brilliant. Another ridiculous amount of posts about our new "rivals" Leeds.Leeds mean nothing to us, and im sure we mean less than that to them.[/quote].

Always proud.

Rather be known as hated than not known at all ;)

on a side note, i think it was a tongue in cheek article, bit of a sense of humour failure here

It must be nice to come to a messageboard where you don''t have to read 90% swearing.

200 posts+ on another clubs board though, it won''t be long before you get a dot next to your username for been in the top 500 posters.

[quote user="6088m canary"]
Ask any football fan nationwide (even in Leeds apparently) to describe them and theyd say:
"dirty players, dirty fans"

[/quote]

Doesn''t that attitude go back to the Revie versus Clough period?

Mind you under the Revie era they had a team that didnt need to be "professional" as they had a good team but couldn''t quite win enough. Choking at the last hurdle reminds me of the Binners!

[quote user="dhickl"]

http://www.thescratchingshed.com/2011/02/mr-chairman-got-love-for-the-norwich-city-folk/

Ahead of Norwich City’s visit to Elland Road this Saturday, Ken Bates has come over all mutually respectful…

What he meant to add at this point was, “but they are also small-time cretins with six fingers who think they are worthy of a place in the Premier League. What the f**k does a chef know about football? Stay in the kitchen Delia… that’s what I say”

I guess they are still bitter for messing up last season and being below us this one too!

[/quote]

--

I think a point is being missed here. That is not a Leeds website making fun of Norwich; it''s a Leeds website making fun of Ken Bates.

I''m not a sensitive little bumpkin, so the swearing doesn''t bother me so much.

But I didn''t realise I had 200 posts :-/ do you even have 500 posters? I think the hospitality has made me more welcome to post :-)

Used to post a bit in the second half of last years campaign, before the majority got a little too big for thier boots when you won the title. It seems this has continued. Having said that you''ve done a cracking job this year, as we have, and I''m not surprised you''re up there, thought you would be around us this year.

To the lad who said something about the bitterness, What you on about? I don''t think there is any, theres barely any bad feeling towards Norwich at all in fact. Let''s face it, we went up the more exciting way, and got more media attention for it, much to the frustration of you as a fanbase and Paul "Chip on my shoulder" Lambert. Besides, the League 1 title fits your honours list alot better than ours ;-)

I actually came on to post our team on the "Leeds starting 11 thread" only to find you were actually talking about the Norwich starting 11 :-(

At least the bloke who regularly updates you on the Leeds score in your match threads can have the week off this week. Enjoy the game, should be a cracking atmosphere ;-)

Explain something please Essex, why exactly has Lambert got a chip on his shoulder, and why do Leeds fans dislike him so much?Jealousy?

sensitive little bumkin? do you even have 500 posters? paul ''chip on my shoulder'' lambert? a little too big for their boots? honours list?

not arrogant or patronising at all ?

Leeds are such a big club and we should remember that and know our place..........yawn!

[quote user="dhickl"]

[/quote]

Theres one six fingered city fan

Who cares how popular Leeds and there fans are?? They''re nothing to me, just one of 23 other teams in this division.

[quote user="morty"]Explain something please Essex, why exactly has Lambert got a chip on his shoulder, and why do Leeds fans dislike him so much?

Jealousy?
[/quote]

I''m led to believe Lambert had a little outburst when he was being quizzed about us towards the end of the season, to which he retaliated something like "We''re the ones who won the league by 9 points" I think he didn''t like the attention we were getting or something.

I don''t dislike him as such, he comes across as a bit of a t0sser, but theres no doubting he is a class act as a manager, done a decent job wherever he''s been, and from what I have read on here , and my own beliefs, you would be a significantly worse off without him. Love the image of him on his knees after our last ER clash :-D

As for the Jealousy thing? WTF? Graysons done just as good a job at us, I wouldn''t swap them.

Let''s face it, you all know that he is gonna be poached at some point, whereas Graysons in his dream job, and probably wouldn''t leave us.

Bristolyella, much said in Jest mate :-D

[quote user="EssexWhite"]

[quote user="morty"]Explain something please Essex, why exactly has Lambert got a chip on his shoulder, and why do Leeds fans dislike him so much?Jealousy?[/quote]

I''m led to believe Lambert had a little outburst when he was being quizzed about us towards the end of the season, to which he retaliated something like "We''re the ones who won the league by 9 points" I think he didn''t like the attention we were getting or something.

I don''t dislike him as such, he comes across as a bit of a t0sser, but theres no doubting he is a class act as a manager, done a decent job wherever he''s been, and from what I have read on here , and my own beliefs, you would be a significantly worse off without him. Love the image of him on his knees after our last ER clash :-D

As for the Jealousy thing? WTF? Graysons done just as good a job at us, I wouldn''t swap them.

Let''s face it, you all know that he is gonna be poached at some point, whereas Graysons in his dream job, and probably wouldn''t leave us.

[/quote]"Led to believe" So you don''t actually know for sure then?Yeah of course you deserve all the attention, what with you being champions of Europe and all.Lambert is destined for greatness, we will be in a much better state when he leaves, than when he came here.Personally I think Grayson is limited tactically, and has shown his niavety on a few occasions.We could probably compare their records, if you like, but I know the winner already, oh and we did win the league too.[;)]

Oh and how exactly does he come across as a tosser exactly?I sugest you don''t even know why you dislike him, other than just disliking him because the rest of the knuckle draggers on WACCOE (lol) do.

[quote user="morty"]Explain something please Essex, why exactly has Lambert got a chip on his shoulder, and why do Leeds fans dislike him so much?Jealousy?[/quote]

I''m led to believe Lambert had a little outburst when he was being quizzed about us towards the end of the season, to which he retaliated something like "We''re the ones who won the league by 9 points"

[/quote]How dare he offend you by getting all factual.Any wonder you hate him so much when he has the hide to slate you in such fashion![:|]

I''m not a sensitive little bumpkin

[/quote]

Yet....[quote user="EssexWhite"]

[quote user="morty"]Explain something please

Essex, why exactly has Lambert got a chip on his shoulder, and why do

Leeds fans dislike him so much?Jealousy?[/quote]

I''m led to believe Lambert had a little outburst when he was being

quizzed about us towards the end of the season, to which he retaliated

something like "We''re the ones who won the league by 9 points"

[/quote]

..... You sir, are fooling no-one.

Have the nerve to attack our sense of humour, yet an indirect quote from Lambert that fairly states nothing other than fact on the back of having won the title could be construed to mean so many other things, apparently has the whole of Leeds up in arms, calling him a "t0sser" and what not as the elected public enemy no. 1 in Yorkshire.Tetchy much.

[/quote]Is that the same Grayson you all wanted rid of last season? You lot are a bunch of idiots and you know it. Your club is a TOTAL laughing stock. You''re not hated, you''re THE JOKE of football. Leeds United are just 1 big joke, to everyone.... Literally, EVERYONE. We all take the piss out of you non-stop. You seem to think we''re giving you attention and you get all happy.. We''re mocking you. You think that Leeds United are a massive team and champions of europe.. [:|] You can''t doubt Leeds support, only away though. You''ve got the best away attendances in the league, and will always sell out your whole allocation no matter what the game, at home though, a bit to be desired? I remember you had 20k vs us last season (including our fans).  You have a large amount of glory supporters. Piss off back to Waccoe.

I think we, as a club are mocked just as much as Leeds. Norwich City = ''Delia''s little Norwich'' or ''Little family club''. To be honest I''m sick of this clean cut reputation. We''re turning into Rugby fans. Soon the River End are gonna want to sit in with away fans, clapping simultaneously whilst singing Swing Low, Sweet Chariot.

Leeds are hated because they are over passionate. Fact.

Some will call them chavs, some hooligans. If we had 26 thousand over passionate fans are FCR, I wouldn''t be complaining.

Jesus mate. I hope you brought a tin hat!That kind of comment on here will onyl bring about "i pay my money i have every right to sit and not contribute in any way shape or form to the atmosphere" or "how dare you call yourself a better fan than me" blah blah.Ive said it before and ill say it again it really is a shame that Carrow Road only has one section that makes any noise. Having watched games in South America i dream of the day we can fill our ground with 20,000people jumping up and down, lighting flares and generally enjoying one of the best feelings in the world....communal love of a football club.I would say that the English in general are a bit too reserved to really get fervent but especially people from Norfolk.Wouldnt it be wonderful if we actually did have a stadium of noise as opposed to some relentless media trained spin from managers or staff. 

[quote user="ODonoughoe"]I think we, as a club are mocked just as much as Leeds. Norwich City = ''Delia''s little Norwich'' or ''Little family club''. To be honest I''m sick of this clean cut reputation. We''re turning into Rugby fans. Soon the River End are gonna want to sit in with away fans, clapping simultaneously whilst singing Swing Low, Sweet Chariot.

Leeds are hated because they are over passionate. Fact.

Some will call them chavs, some hooligans. If we had 26 thousand over passionate fans are FCR, I wouldn''t be complaining.[/quote]Wow, thats a whole load of crap you have talked, I don''t know quite where to start!The "little old Norwich" image is all but gone.Been to many games recently? The River end is always going to be quieter, its a family area, or do you want anyone over the age of five to be wearing a burbery hat and screaming "You facking c**t" every few minutes?Leeds fans are predominately chavs and hooligans and all come with an over inflated opinion of their own self importance (well, they are champions of Europe after all)I bet Leeds wish they had 26,000 passionate supporters too. Their away support is (as is ours) but they have a massive glory hunting section of support that are rarely seen.Any other points to make?