Sign in to follow this  
stopage time winner

Elliot Bennett rumor again

I find this very hard to believe.  Brighton rejected a big bid from us already so I doubt they will let their main man go out on loan!

I cant see where he would fit in...

fox/crofts

Smith/crofts/lansbury                  Lappin/surman/hooly

lansbury/hooly/maritn(possibly)

crofts

lansbury                  surman      

hoolahan

bennett...???

"I cant see where he would fit in..."

The same place he would fit in when the original bid was made - unless of course we have signed/loaned someone else in the meantime.

"so I doubt they will let their main man go out on loan! "

It would be a signing - the loan would be the temporary measure until the signing could be made permanent when the transfer window re-opens.

[quote user="grant holts goin to "]Strong rumor from inside the club Elliot Bennett should sign sometime this week .My source will remain a secret i promised not to reveal his name or contact in the club you heard it first here OTBC
[/quote]

Just as I suggested may happen when we missed getting him in the transfer window, as Brighton would not wish to keep an unhappy player. A loan with a view to permanent would not surprise me at all.  

It would not be a ''view to permanent''. It would be a signing in all but name.

The contract setting out the terms of the loan would include a clause to the effect that Bennetts registration is transfered to us when the next transfer window opens ie a permanent signing.

Whether that happens or is a good/bad thing is another debate, but signing him permanently has been possible since Feb 7th.

I have to admit i wouldn''t be surprised if it happened, but with Lansbury and Surman i don''t think we need him.

However, it is a signing which could pay dividends wen lansbury goes back at the end of the season if they don''t let him come back next year. Always better to have your own players.. this club knows that better than most!!

I can''t see this happening, for the sole reason that IF he signed this week, he wouldn''t be available for the play-off final (as far as I am aware).

If it does happen, it won''t be for another week or two in my opinion, as Lambert will want him available for all possible play-off matches.

Perhaps Bennett could effectively replace Martin? Not directly, but perhaps by moving Wes or Henri up to support Grant.This is not an anti-Martin post by the way, I''m just trying to imagine what Lambert might see as an advantage in signing him; obviously he would still have the option of reverting to our more usual formation, Chris & Grant up front, but it might be another useful option to have.The more (good) options the better I reckon.

I would like to see it, would give us a lot more natural width and allow us to refer to 4 4 2 a bit more successfully. Can see Lambert still trying to pursue it and do not know how much attention he will give to the play offs when he will want to win the games now more than those we might not possibly be playing.However i dont see him coming here just because i think Poyet was pretty adament on keeping him for the end of the season to secure promotion, although maybe a large bid could sway them, i don''t want to see us spend much more than a 1.5M though for an unproven champ player.

[quote user="grant holts goin to "]This is no wind up a genuine piece of information i thought i would share , ive never posted previous scoops as ive allways been beaten by others to post them OTBC
[/quote]

The only scoop this sounds like is a poop scoop.

[quote user="First Wizard"]And pigs might fly...........no chance of this happening.

[/quote]

Wiz, if we were going into administration even if Foulger was buying us out and wouldn''t let us down........

.....and Holt was playing in August even though he was on crutches until October........

........who knows what may happen, it''s a funny old game! [;)]

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="First Wizard"]And pigs might fly...........no chance of this happening.

[/quote]

Wiz, if we were going into administration even if Foulger was buying us out and wouldn''t let us down........

.....and Holt was playing in August even though he was on crutches until October........

[/quote]

He won''t reply Lapp.

He said he''s not coming back on here any more. [;)]

" as Lambert will want him available for all possible play-off matches"

or maybe here now to get us to those play off places

look bl00dy silly missing out on the playoffs by a couple of a points - draw at leeds, perhaps but still having Bennett here twiddling his thumbs ... along with the rest of the squad

ps if he does come at any time perhaps we could include 1st wiz in part exchange - his views on homosexuals would go down well in Brighton

An ex work collegue of mine who is a Brighton fan has told me that this is possible as the chairman couldn''t ket him gi in the transfer window because he had promised the fans he would be a Brighton player on the 1st of Feb. From all accounts and I know fans are fickle but he says that "he isn''t playing as well now as before he put in his transfer request" so although he knows nothing about this rumour he can see this being true.

Just thought I''d let you have a Brighton fans view.

I have actually heard exactly the same from what I would consider to be an extremely reliable source.[:)]

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

To be fair Laps I was mightly close on two of them!  A few posters on here thought so too, but if this comes off I''ll sit naked on Lowestoft fish market whistling ''Dixie''...........thats how confident I am.[:P]

It sounds to me that Brighton might be having second thoughts after rejecting a great offer from us. Maybe they were hoping that we would up our bid just before the window closed, rather than withdrawing it as we did. I''m not surprised that Bennett''s performances have dropped off after he had made his wishes to move on very clear by putting in a transfer request.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="lappinitup"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

To be fair Laps I was mightly close on two of them!  A few posters on here thought so too, but if this comes off I''ll sit naked on Lowestoft fish market whistling ''Dixie''...........thats how confident I am.[:P]

[/quote]Or maybe your hoping it comes off to you can sit naked on Lowestoft fish market, who knows what you are into! No i seriously don''t see this coming off either, would be nice though and i am not so confident that i will be joining you in your naked sing song

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="lappinitup"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Can you give a time and date for this First Wiz...not that I think you would be talking ballacks again or anything

Brighton Fc chatroom had this statement from Bennett, he said he did want to move to Norwich but it wasn''t right for the club Statement from Bennett

No hard feelings

Elliott Bennett tonight confirmed he is 100 per cent committed to helping Albion win promotion to the Championship, and that he has no hard feelings over a rebuffed potential move to Norwich City.

The winger was understandably tempted by the interest from the Championship high fliers, but told seagulls.co.uk, "It is in the past now. It was an opportunity to join a club from a higher division, who wanted to pay a lot of money for me, and that was something that I wanted to pursue.

"However it wasn''t the right deal for the club, and I wanted it to be something that was good for both parties - myself and Brighton. It didn''t work out like that, so nothing has changed.

"I''m just as happy as I was when I signed my new contract before Christmas, and now I want to get rolling towards promotion and to get to the Championship with Brighton. That''s the overall objective between now and the end of the season."

Bennett also thanked the Albion fans for their support over the past five days - both at Watford on Saturday and tonight at Leyton Orient.

"Hearing the fans chant my name was massive for me because that was something that I was worried about, because it was never anything personal against the football club or the fans.

"I am sure there may be a few fans who are cross with me, but I hope they can understand it was nothing personal against them, the club or anyone at the club. I would say to them that I''m 100 per cent committed to the cause and let me prove that.

"I don''t want to be perceived as being ungrateful. I have always given my all for the club and I will continue to do that. I would genuinely like to thank all the fans for all their support on Saturday and tonight."

Former Wolves man Bennett also thanked manager Gus Poyet and said their relationship has been unaffected by the events.

"Gus and I have been talking throughout the past two weeks. He understood my situation and he knows that I am happy here, so we will carry on as normal.

"I''m really happy here. My girlfriend and I both love it in Brighton and that hasn''t changed just because of the transfer request; it was never that I didn''t want to be here."

[quote user="Snakepit Lass"]Brighton Fc chatroom had this statement from Bennett, he said he did want to move to Norwich but it wasn''t right for the club Statement from Bennett No hard feelings Elliott Bennett tonight confirmed he is 100 per cent committed to helping Albion win promotion to the Championship, and that he has no hard feelings over a rebuffed potential move to Norwich City. The winger was understandably tempted by the interest from the Championship high fliers, but told seagulls.co.uk, "It is in the past now. It was an opportunity to join a club from a higher division, who wanted to pay a lot of money for me, and that was something that I wanted to pursue. "However it wasn''t the right deal for the club, and I wanted it to be something that was good for both parties - myself and Brighton. It didn''t work out like that, so nothing has changed. "I''m just as happy as I was when I signed my new contract before Christmas, and now I want to get rolling towards promotion and to get to the Championship with Brighton. That''s the overall objective between now and the end of the season." Bennett also thanked the Albion fans for their support over the past five days - both at Watford on Saturday and tonight at Leyton Orient. "Hearing the fans chant my name was massive for me because that was something that I was worried about, because it was never anything personal against the football club or the fans. "I am sure there may be a few fans who are cross with me, but I hope they can understand it was nothing personal against them, the club or anyone at the club. I would say to them that I''m 100 per cent committed to the cause and let me prove that. "I don''t want to be perceived as being ungrateful. I have always given my all for the club and I will continue to do that. I would genuinely like to thank all the fans for all their support on Saturday and tonight." Former Wolves man Bennett also thanked manager Gus Poyet and said their relationship has been unaffected by the events. "Gus and I have been talking throughout the past two weeks. He understood my situation and he knows that I am happy here, so we will carry on as normal. "I''m really happy here. My girlfriend and I both love it in Brighton and that hasn''t changed just because of the transfer request; it was never that I didn''t want to be here."[/quote]

--

No idea if there is anything in this latest rumour (I doubt it, personally) but that statement obviously dates from February 1st, immediately after the window closed, when Brighton played Orient.

The latest rumour is supposedly based on things having changed in the fortnight since then.

[quote user="Snakepit Lass"]i know it was from the 1st feb, just looks like he is getting his head down with brighton now[/quote]

That''s almost three weeks ago so circumstances may well have changed.....