Sign in to follow this  
Mello Yello

Who left early then?

never left early! been going since 1991 and have only lweft 1 game Early. against QPR in the premierleague in 1993. my dad wanted to go and i didnt have much of a choice.. Mark Bowen Scored and i was gutted. my dad felt really bad...I have never left a game early since. even when its been well and truly over score wise and with some of the woeful performances we have had to endure.. we are in it till the end!

Its their ticket. Asides from the likes of standing in front of someone or blocking the views of others (if your leaving, go.) I cant see a problem with it.

People may have places they need to be, or else may save considerable time on what may be an already lengthy journey (couple near me come from London, can understand them not wanting to spend an extra half hour or whatever travelling just to get out of Norwich. If they wanna go, its their choice.

The Cinema example is invalid - you wouldn''t see a movie at a time knowing you needed to leave 5 in order to be somewhere.

Sheffield United at home is the only game ive left early in years (asides from the obvious) and that was because I needed to be at a party by 6pm, was gutted when I heard cheering as I walked over the bridge and heard the celebrations - But only because the music took so long to start - big relief when that kicked in

And although i''d never want to leave a game not knowing the score - I bet a lot of finger nails are saved by doing so!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]never left early! been going since 1991 and have only lweft 1 game Early. against QPR in the premierleague in 1993.
[/quote]

So you have in fact left early as opposed to "never left early!"

I can almost understand people getting upset when people stand in front of them, but stand up yourself, look around them. It''s no different to the person that was in that seat standing up in the 37th minute and you having to do something about it to see the game so why make such a big deal that it''s in the 90th minute or a bit earlier?

I''ve left early before. Not on Tuesday night though. I usually only leave early if I have to i.e. have somewhere to be after the game.

I left at 6-1 down against Colchester last season but I don''t think the team and management deserved any support that day, so I refuse to feel guilty about that.

I''ve never left and missed an important though.

[quote user="Who Let The Fox Out"]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]never left early! been going since 1991 and have only lweft 1 game Early. against QPR in the premierleague in 1993.[/quote]

I can almost understand people getting upset when people stand in front of them, but stand up yourself, look around them. It''s no different to the person that was in that seat standing up in the 37th minute and you having to do something about it to see the game so why make such a big deal that it''s in the 90th minute or a bit earlier?

[/quote]Exactly... [Y]Football is obviously the wrong type of sport for many of our fans to follow I think.  I wonder if every aspect of some of supporters lives is as dull as some of their attitudes to how one should support their football team???

[quote user="Who Let The Fox Out"]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]never left early! been going since 1991 and have only lweft 1 game Early. against QPR in the premierleague in 1993.[/quote]

[/quote]Ok, so someone stands in front of you just as the ball has been headed on by Wilbraham, and by the time you''ve lent round to readjust your viewing position, you''ve missed the goal. I don''t know about you, but that would annoy me a great deal. It''s not the same as being on the terraces, because it''s someone suddenly stepping in-front of your eye-line when you''re least expecting it at a vital moment.Factor into that a lot of the old boys near me who can''t get up very quickly at all - if someone''s standing up in-front of them they''ve got no chance of adjusting quickly. Unfortunately, Smudger seems to share a view that he, and he alone, is the pinnacle of what a football supporter should be - e.g. not giving a toss about anybody else as long as he is having a good time.

Well done to those who have never left early.You are truest of fans, not only to the club but more importantly, to yourself.

[quote user="Carra Rud"]Well done to those who have never left early.You are truest of fans, not only to the club but more importantly, to yourself.[/quote]I just stay to the end because I''m a tight git, I''ve paid to watch the game and want to see every minute of it.  [:P]

Truest of fans ffs, what absolute tosh. If you leave early it means you have to be somewhere or that you don''t like sitting in the car park for an hour.

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="Who Let The Fox Out"]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]never left early! been going since 1991 and have only lweft 1 game Early. against QPR in the premierleague in 1993.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Ok, so someone stands in front of you just as the ball has been headed on by Wilbraham, and by the time you''ve lent round to readjust your viewing position, you''ve missed the goal. I don''t know about you, but that would annoy me a great deal. It''s not the same as being on the terraces, because it''s someone suddenly stepping in-front of your eye-line when you''re least expecting it at a vital moment.

Factor into that a lot of the old boys near me who can''t get up very quickly at all - if someone''s standing up in-front of them they''ve got no chance of adjusting quickly. Unfortunately, Smudger seems to share a view that he, and he alone, is the pinnacle of what a football supporter should be - e.g. not giving a toss about anybody else as long as he is having a good time.
[/quote]

Isn''t that what happens at every vital moment? People stand up and get in your way, whether it''s in the 8th minute or 88th minute?

I feel for the older fans that do not have the ability to leap up like some of the whippersnappers in the ground but the fact of the matter is, it happens at every single vital moment. You are basically saying that everyone has to sit for the whole game to be considerate of their fellow fans. I always try to be considerate of those around me but the fact is that people sometimes get in my way and I miss things and in turn with me trying to see things I may blcok someone''s view. I didn''t leave early but that''s neither here nor there because it doesn''t add to my superfan points by having never left a game early in my life blah blah blah.

[quote user="Who Let The Fox Out"][quote user="I.S."][quote user="Who Let The Fox Out"]

[/quote]Ok, so someone stands in front of you just as the ball has been headed on by Wilbraham, and by the time you''ve lent round to readjust your viewing position, you''ve missed the goal. I don''t know about you, but that would annoy me a great deal. It''s not the same as being on the terraces, because it''s someone suddenly stepping in-front of your eye-line when you''re least expecting it at a vital moment.Factor into that a lot of the old boys near me who can''t get up very quickly at all - if someone''s standing up in-front of them they''ve got no chance of adjusting quickly. Unfortunately, Smudger seems to share a view that he, and he alone, is the pinnacle of what a football supporter should be - e.g. not giving a toss about anybody else as long as he is having a good time.[/quote]

Isn''t that what happens at every vital moment? People stand up and get in your way, whether it''s in the 8th minute or 88th minute?

I feel for the older fans that do not have the ability to leap up like some of the whippersnappers in the ground but the fact of the matter is, it happens at every single vital moment. You are basically saying that everyone has to sit for the whole game to be considerate of their fellow fans. I always try to be considerate of those around me but the fact is that people sometimes get in my way and I miss things and in turn with me trying to see things I may blcok someone''s view. I didn''t leave early but that''s neither here nor there because it doesn''t add to my superfan points by having never left a game early in my life blah blah blah.

[/quote]Agree with the "superfan" comment, I think people have the right to leave early - it''s their own money they''re wasting, of course, and the "true fan" argument is a load of nonsense.I''m referring to the fact that people get up to leave, then realise something exciting is happening on the pitch, and stop to watch it regardless of who they''re blocking. Obviously people are going to temporarily get in the way if they''re leaving early/arriving late, and that can''t be helped, but that''s a second or two compared to the people who change their mind half way along a row and stop until the balls gone out of play/a goals been scored, or whatever.

Carra Rud - I don''t agree with that. I''ve left early before as I''ve previously said. Doesn''t make me any less of a fan than you, or anyone else quite frankly.

I''ve been a season ticket holder for a while now, even through the total sh*t times when it wasn''t fun being a Norwich fan, but I still paid, I still turned up and I still supported. That makes me a true fan. Walking out a few minutes before the end (which I don''t do regularly) doesn''t make me any less of a fan.

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="Who Let The Fox Out"][quote user="I.S."][quote user="Who Let The Fox Out"]

[/quote]Ok, so someone stands in front of you just as the ball has been headed on by Wilbraham, and by the time you''ve lent round to readjust your viewing position, you''ve missed the goal. I don''t know about you, but that would annoy me a great deal. It''s not the same as being on the terraces, because it''s someone suddenly stepping in-front of your eye-line when you''re least expecting it at a vital moment.Factor into that a lot of the old boys near me who can''t get up very quickly at all - if someone''s standing up in-front of them they''ve got no chance of adjusting quickly. Unfortunately, Smudger seems to share a view that he, and he alone, is the pinnacle of what a football supporter should be - e.g. not giving a toss about anybody else as long as he is having a good time.[/quote]

[/quote]Agree with the "superfan" comment, I think people have the right to leave early - it''s their own money they''re wasting, of course, and the "true fan" argument is a load of nonsense.I''m referring to the fact that people get up to leave, then realise something exciting is happening on the pitch, and stop to watch it regardless of who they''re blocking. Obviously people are going to temporarily get in the way if they''re leaving early/arriving late, and that can''t be helped, but that''s a second or two compared to the people who change their mind half way along a row and stop until the balls gone out of play/a goals been scored, or whatever.[/quote]Well call me inconsiderate if you like, but nothing could be further from the truth.Simply you pay to sit in a lounge to watch the game, sit in the disabled section, or the front couple of rows of the stand or you must expect to have your view blocked from time to time.  Like I said, it''s not the opera you are at!!!

[quote user="Smudger"]Well call me inconsiderate if you like, but nothing could be further from the truth.Simply you pay to sit in a lounge to watch the game, sit in the disabled section, or the front couple of rows of the stand or you must expect to have your view blocked from time to time.  Like I said, it''s not the opera you are at!!![/quote]Look Smudger, I don''t think anybody is disputing the ticket-holder''s right to leave early/arrive late/whatever, and these things usually can''t be helped anyway. Yep, that''s going to block peoples'' views for a few seconds whilst they take their seat or get to the end of the row - again, can''t be helped, and absolutely understandable.What isn''t acceptable in my view, is people leaving because the match isn''t very good (or they want to get out first), and then as something is occuring on the pitch, deciding to change their mind and stop in the middle of a row to see what''s going on. If you''re going to leave, absolutely fine, but make sure you do leave. Anybody who thinks it''s fine to stop and change their mind half way along the row is obviously a bit of a moron.

[quote user="Carra Rud"]Well done to those who have never left early.You are truest of fans, not only to the club but more importantly, to yourself.[/quote]Why do you have to put smiley on the end of a sentence to let everyone you''re joking around here?

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="Smudger"]Well call me inconsiderate if you like, but nothing could be further from the truth.Simply you pay to sit in a lounge to watch the game, sit in the disabled section, or the front couple of rows of the stand or you must expect to have your view blocked from time to time.  Like I said, it''s not the opera you are at!!![/quote]Look Smudger, I don''t think anybody is disputing the ticket-holder''s right to leave early/arrive late/whatever, and these things usually can''t be helped anyway. Yep, that''s going to block peoples'' views for a few seconds whilst they take their seat or get to the end of the row - again, can''t be helped, and absolutely understandable.What isn''t acceptable in my view, is people leaving because the match isn''t very good (or they want to get out first), and then as something is occuring on the pitch, deciding to change their mind and stop in the middle of a row to see what''s going on. If you''re going to leave, absolutely fine, but make sure you do leave. Anybody who thinks it''s fine to stop and change their mind half way along the row is obviously a bit of a moron.[/quote]Is it stopping on the row, or the aisle that you have a problem with?  It is only natural that people will continue to watch the game as they are leaving.I didn''t stop and tried to make sure I was not interupting anybody''s view on my way out.  I left my row of seats, got in to the aisle that leads you down to the exits at the front of the Snakepit and then halfway down and out of the blue we netted.  Should I not have celebrated the goal as I had already decided to leave but not got out quick enough???

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="Who Let The Fox Out"][quote user="I.S."][quote user="Who Let The Fox Out"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ok, so someone stands in front of you just as the ball has been headed on by Wilbraham, and by the time you''ve lent round to readjust your viewing position, you''ve missed the goal. I don''t know about you, but that would annoy me a great deal. It''s not the same as being on the terraces, because it''s someone suddenly stepping in-front of your eye-line when you''re least expecting it at a vital moment.

Factor into that a lot of the old boys near me who can''t get up very quickly at all - if someone''s standing up in-front of them they''ve got no chance of adjusting quickly. Unfortunately, Smudger seems to share a view that he, and he alone, is the pinnacle of what a football supporter should be - e.g. not giving a toss about anybody else as long as he is having a good time.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Agree with the "superfan" comment, I think people have the right to leave early - it''s their own money they''re wasting, of course, and the "true fan" argument is a load of nonsense.

I''m referring to the fact that people get up to leave, then realise something exciting is happening on the pitch, and stop to watch it regardless of who they''re blocking. Obviously people are going to temporarily get in the way if they''re leaving early/arriving late, and that can''t be helped, but that''s a second or two compared to the people who change their mind half way along a row and stop until the balls gone out of play/a goals been scored, or whatever.
[/quote]

Of course people have the right to leave but equally, the people who stay have the right to say what they think of them

[quote user="Smudger"]Is it stopping on the row, or the aisle that you have a problem with?  It is only natural that people will continue to watch the game as they are leaving.I didn''t stop and tried to make sure I was not interupting anybody''s view on my way out.  I left my row of seats, got in to the aisle that leads you down to the exits at the front of the Snakepit and then halfway down and out of the blue we netted.  Should I not have celebrated the goal as I had already decided to leave but not got out quick enough???[/quote]If you wind your neck in Smudger and actually read what people have posted it is people stopping in the middle of a row that people are complaining about, you didn''t state in your original post that you were half way down the aisle, that could have clouded the issue.We all pay our money and can come and goes as we please, it''s just that not everyone is considerate of other peoples viewing, that''s where the complaints/grumbles come from.

Last time I left a game early it was away to the binners, somewhere around 1975 I think, on a midweek game ( possibly league cup ? ). We left when we were 4-0 down. By the time we got to the station it was 5.

[quote user="marvin the martian"]Last time I left a game early it was away to the binners, somewhere around 1975 I think, on a midweek game ( possibly league cup ? ). We left when we were 4-0 down. By the time we got to the station it was 5.[/quote]I so wish they would have let us out of Portaloo Road earlier when we were getting spanked 5-0 by Alex Mathie & Co... [:(]

The 5 mins for me makes the differnece between getting out of the city in 5 minutes ro sitting in traffic for an hours and as i got into work at 7am to leave early to get to the game from romford I would like to get back and not sit in traffic.

And anyway it''s my money my prerogative when i choose to leave.

I personally don''t leave early, seen far too many games change in the last few minutes for that, but I have no problem with those that do and I don''t think it makes them less of a fan.

I''ve actually only just seen Lansbury''s winner for the 1st time. Just before Lansbury connected the 3 lads infront of me in the Lower Barclay anticipated it going in and jumped so high that I only knew it had gone in when I saw the net bulging and everyone around me going mental. Couldn''t care less, part and parcel of it!

Ive got no problem with people leaving early, its their loss. But whats it like outside the ground when you here the roar of the crowd? Do people still jump up and down and go mad like they would if they were still in the ground?

And how far away can you still here the noise of the crowd?