Sign in to follow this  
Mello Yello

Who left early then?

I didn''t leave early, I''ve never left early, not even the 7-1 and I never will leave early (unless of course I really really really have to).

The game lasts 90 minutes PLUS time added on. If that''s what PL and the team train all week for, as a loyal supporter that''s what I commit to as well. Personal choice for all of us isn''t it?

I wouldn''t have missed that famous 4-4 comeback against ''Boro for anything...

The same scoffers that arise and slide off early, then instead, ignorantly proceed to gawp and stall whilst watching the action and obstructing others view - before eventually departing for where, why and whatever out of the stadium before full-time.....Are predominately the same scrotes that are the last to get to their seats just before kick-off.....And on 41 minutes will make their way to the refreshment concourses and will predictably be the last into their seats for the second-half.....And spend the rest of the second half on their iPhone and texting and tinkering with their apps.... 

They''re most likely the ''fans'' that ring canary call after they''ve vacated the stadium a dozen or so minutes before the final whistle...and discuss with Neil their interpretation of the match....or complain to Neil how the crowd were subdued and not getting behind the team....

Why do you bother? Is it really that difficult to go to a game and spectate, support and enjoy what unfolds - for 110-120 minutes of a day in your life?

[quote user="paulo79"]The 5 mins for me makes the differnece between getting out of the city in 5 minutes ro sitting in traffic for an hours and as i got into work at 7am to leave early to get to the game from romford I would like to get back and not sit in traffic. And anyway it''s my money my prerogative when i choose to leave.[/quote]

Is it all worth it just to see part of the game?

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

The same scoffers that arise and slide off early, then instead, ignorantly proceed to gawp and stall whilst watching the action and obstructing others view - before eventually departing for where, why and whatever out of the stadium before full-time.....Are predominately the same scrotes that are the last to get to their seats just before kick-off.....And on 41 minutes will make their way to the refreshment concourses and will predictably be the last into their seats for the second-half.....And spend the rest of the second half on their iPhone and texting and tinkering with their apps.... 

They''re most likely the ''fans'' that ring canary call after they''ve vacated the stadium a dozen or so minutes before the final whistle...and discuss with Neil their interpretation of the match....or complain to Neil how the crowd were subdued and not getting behind the team....

Why do you bother? Is it really that difficult to go to a game and spectate, support and enjoy what unfolds - for 110-120 minutes of a day in your life?

[/quote]

Simple answer! In my opinion, no!

i dropped my daughter and her boyfriend off in the city before the match and arranged to meet them outside the ground after .. at ten to five she rang me and said sorry i''m late we''re nearly there, apparantly there was loads people walking away from the ground and she thought the game had finished.. then she heard a big roar and was really confused.. These people who leave  early must be embarrassed surely ?

Half the fun of staying till after the celebrations is watching all the drivers in the car park trying to get in the same bit of tarmac as you, inching forward slamming on breaks so as not to hit the guy in front, not always being succesful at it, out come the boxing gloves, nows your chance to slip round them have a laugh on the way past, on average it takes me an hour to get home after the match, I take my hat off to all those who travell hours to get here and go back nice to see you folks

I looked across towards the River-end in the dying minutes of the game and there was a few folk sliding away. We were awarded a free kick and the early departerting supporters just stopped in front of some seated supporters to watch......If these early leavers had stood in front of me.....I would have certainly taken umbrage with them....Get up.....and just get out.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

I looked across towards the River-end in the dying minutes of the game and there was a few folk sliding away. We were awarded a free kick and the early departerting supporters just stopped in front of some seated supporters to watch......If these early leavers had stood in front of me.....I would have certainly taken umbrage with them....Get up.....and just get out.

[/quote]

departerting? My bad......hic!

If you pay for a ticket, you can leave when you like.  Everyone knows the risk that you''ll miss a late goal, but it''s up to you to take that risk or not.  Other fans getting pissed off about it is a complete waste of time and just shows that we always have to fit ourselves into a hierarchy of "who''s the biggest fan"-style superiority. If you want to leave early, leave early FFS.

I''ll be honest, I left early for the Millwall game. It was around the 92nd minute when they had the corner. With a minute left I just couldn''t see the winner. How wrong was I!? This time I didn''t make the same mistake and I doubt I will leave early again unless we are a few goals down.

I go to all the games by train. Makes no difference to me.A lot of people on here seem to be blatantly missing the point of the original post.We all follow Norwich City. Their performance on a Saturday affects our mood for the rest of the day/weekend/week. However;everyone in that stand has paid for their ticket. In fact everyone in the stand has paid as much for their ticket and when I sit there I have paid as much to watch the game as everyone else around me. This is my seat, my view. I understand standing up at the action, but I sit down, and there''s my view back again.If I choose to vacate my seat, I should do so in the way that impacts people negatively the least. As people that''s what we should naturally do; if we have to do something that will negatively impact on others, we do it as minimally as possible. You''ve gotten out of your seat; you''ve vacated your view, and I understand if that means that you need to go. No problem; have a safe trip; see you at the next game. I understand that you''re going to momentarily impact on my view, and I can understand that. But I''d expect you to have the common decency and manners to understand that you are; I expect an apology because you''re inconveniencing me. It''s not hard; it''s one word; its make me know you''re not a dick who doesn''t care.However when you stand in front of me you''re showing that you don''t care; you''re stealing my view. You gave up yours; you had to go; please don''t steal mine; keep moving and keep apologising. Then, wait at the end next to the tunnel if something''s happening.We''re not asking for people to change; just understand that everyone in that stand is your equal and should be treated as such.

"You''ve got to feel sorry for the people who travel to games with someone who insists on leaving early. Thats gotta p you off!"

Yes....It does.....

[quote user="Mister Chops"]If you pay for a ticket, you can leave when you like.  Everyone knows the risk that you''ll miss a late goal, but it''s up to you to take that risk or not. 

Other fans getting pissed off about it is a complete waste of time and just shows that we always have to fit ourselves into a hierarchy of "who''s the biggest fan"-style superiority. If you want to leave early, leave early FFS.

[/quote]

And equally, if you pay for your ticket you can say what you like about those who leave early

[quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]If you pay for a ticket, you can leave when you like.  Everyone knows the risk that you''ll miss a late goal, but it''s up to you to take that risk or not. 

Other fans getting pissed off about it is a complete waste of time and just shows that we always have to fit ourselves into a hierarchy of "who''s the biggest fan"-style superiority. If you want to leave early, leave early FFS.

[/quote]

And equally, if you pay for your ticket you can say what you like about those who leave early

[/quote]

well i paid for a ticket yesterday so i''d just like to say that people who leave early are a bunch of gaylords [:D]

I would estimate that about 20% of fans near me in the Jarrold had vacated their seats prior to the winner on sat

[quote user="im spartacus"][quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]If you pay for a ticket, you can leave when you like.  Everyone knows the risk that you''ll miss a late goal, but it''s up to you to take that risk or not.  Other fans getting pissed off about it is a complete waste of time and just shows that we always have to fit ourselves into a hierarchy of "who''s the biggest fan"-style superiority. If you want to leave early, leave early FFS.

[/quote]

[/quote]

well i paid for a ticket yesterday so i''d just like to say that people who leave early are a bunch of gaylords [:D]

[/quote]Morty concurs with this opinion.[:)]

I also concur with this opinion. I don''t care about who is the better fan. What irritates me is people leaving early can obscure the view of others or generally interrupting their enjoyment of the game. If you have a train to catch or need to make an appointment straight after the game I can respect that this is a legitimate reason for doing so. But otherwise is your time really that valuable, that you desperately need to save that extra couple of minutes by leaving early. I very much doubt it. At the very best you will probably get home, turn on tele and see Holt (90) flash up on the vidiprinter while you are having a cup of tea. Congratulations! Rant over

traveling up from north devon for 8 hours, i wasnt  guna leave a second early glad i didnt!! 1 of the stewards came over and told me to leave as i was still sat in my seat taking in the fact we scored another important  late late goal..

[quote user="Jacko"]

If you have a train to catch [/quote]

Do trains stop running at 5pm then?

[quote user="DOGGER"]I would estimate that about 20% of fans near me in the Jarrold had vacated their seats prior to the winner on sat[/quote]

Well if I sat there that would really pi.s me off, around me, near the snakepit end of the city stand, a handfull of people get up and go early but most people stay. The guy next to me often goes early, but as soon as he has gone we score so I cant really complain about that.

[quote user="DOGGER"]I would estimate that about 20% of fans near me in the Jarrold had vacated their seats prior to the winner on sat[/quote]

Well if I sat there that would really pi.s me off, around me, near the snakepit end of the city stand, a handfull of people get up and go early but most people stay. The guy next to me often goes early, but as soon as he has gone we score so I cant really complain about that.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Jacko"]

If you have a train to catch [/quote]

Do trains stop running at 5pm then?

[/quote]I guess it''s more likely that mid-week games where people need to travel back the last train somewhere, although many people will pre-book as it''s cheaper. Norwich games are notorious for being one the last to ever finish. Then there''s the getting out of the ground.Before suggesting they get the next train, you have to consider onward journeys, where the final destination is and connections.

[quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]If you pay for a ticket, you can leave when you like.  Everyone knows the risk that you''ll miss a late goal, but it''s up to you to take that risk or not.  Other fans getting pissed off about it is a complete waste of time and just shows that we always have to fit ourselves into a hierarchy of "who''s the biggest fan"-style superiority. If you want to leave early, leave early FFS.

[/quote]

[/quote]

And if you leave early, you can say what you like about paying for your ticket.