Sign in to follow this  
Mello Yello

Who left early then?

I decided ( as I have had a stinking chest infection ) to miss the game in the hope of being well enough to make it into work....Guess what...I ended up not going so staring at my season ticket in joy yet horror to have missed it and then ended up losing my voice ( not football related ) so wasnt able to make work anyway !Bugger :(

Nope. I did however not get there until half time. From what I heard on the radio and the guys I sit with, I''ve never been happier to miss a first half. Haha.

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Frustrates me no end to see fans leaving early at home games, some people don''t know how lucky they are to be able to see City week in week out at Carrow Road, enjoy every second for christ sake.[/quote]Some people dont live in Norwich, it takes me 3 hours to get home after the game. It frustrates me no end when I see stupid posts like this.

I hate to be a killjoy, I really do, as I loved last night so might (well, the end). But if people leave (therefore saying they do not want to watch anymore) yeah, I know some people have to leave for various reasons. But if people leave and then stand at the exits watching the celebrations, despite just going to leave? grrrrrrrrrrrrrr [:@] just leavers in general. Why bother?

[quote user="H4H"][quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Frustrates me no end to see fans leaving early at home games, some people don''t know how lucky they are to be able to see City week in week out at Carrow Road, enjoy every second for christ sake.[/quote]

Some people dont live in Norwich, it takes me 3 hours to get home after the game. It frustrates me no end when I see stupid posts like this.

[/quote]

if you travel 3 hours to get to norwich you may as well watch all the game ...  what difference does 5 minutes make ?

[quote user="H4H"][quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Frustrates me no end to see fans leaving early at home games, some people don''t know how lucky they are to be able to see City week in week out at Carrow Road, enjoy every second for christ sake.[/quote]Some people dont live in Norwich, it takes me 3 hours to get home after the game. It frustrates me no end when I see stupid posts like this.[/quote]

Look at his username, he''s in Nottingham.

If your traveling 3 hours, why would you leave 5/10 mins early? It makes no difference.

[quote user="H4H"][quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Frustrates me no end to see fans leaving early at home games, some people don''t know how lucky they are to be able to see City week in week out at Carrow Road, enjoy every second for christ sake.[/quote]

Some people dont live in Norwich, it takes me 3 hours to get home after the game. It frustrates me no end when I see stupid posts like this.

[/quote]

It recently took me more than 3 hours plus to get to Boro, Sheffield and Palace......But I stayed till the end at those away games, and it took somewhat longer to get back to Norwich afterwards....But that''s the way it is....

It frustrates me when folk come up with totally stupid and futile excuses and pathetic reasons for sliding off early....and then they stall and stand in front of others blocking their view - when the action on the pitch gets a bit tasty....

I do so hope you left early and missed the grand finale.....and the celebrations.....Your loss.....stupid.

I traded the snakepit and took my good lady to sit in H block of the jarrold, i said to her there would be 3 mins injury time, we started going down the steps with 30 secs to go and right on cue lansbury hit the money shot!at least he did!

H4H if you''ve got a train to catch then I understand as I have the same problem when I can attend but the hundrds/thousands of people leaving as the 4th official puts the added time up surely don''t all have the last train home to catch at 9:30 or even 4:50 on a Saturday.

I''d kill to be able to get to Carrow Road regularly and I savour every minute i''m there.

I don''t leave early but there''s a couple of people in the City stand near the away dug out who always leave on exactly 78mins so they missed both goals.

Seems odd to me to pay to watch football and leave not knowing the score, still each to our own.

I get what your saying, but it can save almost an hour to an already long journey by leaving 3 mins ealry! I normally park at County Hall and if your at the wrong end of the car park, it can take for ever to get out!

There might just be a justification for sliding off early on a midweek game. You might be able to get in your car, be away and save 20 mins or so - more so if you have an early start. But on a Saturday !

Even then how could an extra 20 mins kip equal the last few mins last night ? It can''t. If you think that watching it on telly the next day is the same then why bother going to live games ?

If you didn''t feel as sick as a parrot as you were scuttling back to your car when you heard the massive roar from the ground as Lansbury''s goal went in - you can''t have much passion. We have been scoring in the last minutes for quite a few games so why not see the game out ? It can''t be much of a memory to tell your grandkids

" yep, I remember the last gasp goal against Millwall, in our double promotion era - I was only four streets away. That memory of getting clear of the ring road before 10 past 10 will stay with me for a long while, one of my proudest moments"

ps if you do have to leave early, then leave - do not stop every ten steps to watch (and block people''s view) just because the crowd makes a bit of noise.

Didn''t leave before the final whistle and never have in 40+ years of watching Norwich, always stayed to the end even when I was traveling back and forth to Blackpool for 12 years.

Left bang on 90 minutes. Unfortunately mid week games pose a small problem as I have to get my brother who also attends, to work by 10pm. Still, the amount of people all walking away from the ground at the same time as us is shocking. Living far away is an absolutely nothing excuse, why bother in the first place?

Not me.I can understand it with midweek games though. Once I left just about 30 seconds before final whistle when I lived in Kwnt and it meant I got home 30 mins earlier than if I''d left after the final whistle. It can make a huge difference at that time of night with work the next morning ie getting home at 12:15 as opposed to 12:45  does impact on how you feel next day..  Saturday matches are different IMO though.

I stayed til the final whistle of the 7-1 hammering courtesy of Paul Lambert and Colchester, aswell as celebrating Cody''s goal haha.

Ever since I persuaded my mate to stay and witness our comeback against Boro in 05, after living moments like that, Southend & last night I couldn''t ever leave a game early.

What really got me was the fat git who was leaving early, then just as he was walking past me Norwich went on the attack. He stopped right there in front of me to see the action. I was sat there in my seat which a slob totally blocking my view.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="H4H"][quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Frustrates me no end to see fans leaving early at home games, some people don''t know how lucky they are to be able to see City week in week out at Carrow Road, enjoy every second for christ sake.[/quote]Some people dont live in Norwich, it takes me 3 hours to get home after the game. It frustrates me no end when I see stupid posts like this.[/quote]

It recently took me more than 3 hours plus to get to Boro, Sheffield and Palace......But I stayed till the end at those away games, and it took somewhat longer to get back to Norwich afterwards....But that''s the way it is....

It frustrates me when folk come up with totally stupid and futile excuses and pathetic reasons for sliding off early....and then they stall and stand in front of others blocking their view - when the action on the pitch gets a bit tasty....

I do so hope you left early and missed the grand finale.....and the celebrations.....Your loss.....stupid.

[/quote]Exactly what happened to my mate on Tuesday - somebody from his row got up to leave about 30 seconds from the end of the match, and when Ward punted the ball forward, decided he would stop leaving and stand directly in front of my friend. Needless to say, the goal and ensuing celebrations were missed due to this!It''s one thing to leave early, but if you''re going to, then don''t stand and watch in the middle of a row if it gets interesting FFS!Even more laughable is that we''ve scored 9 goals in injury time this season and people STILL leave before the final whistle!

If people want to leave early then fair enough, nothing you can do to stop them. They pay for the ticket so they can turn up and go whenever they want.

I AM TAKING THE WIFE TO THE CINEMA THIS WEEKEND, FIVE MINUTES BEFORE THE FILM ENDS, WERE GOING TO LEAVE.............. T***S

That argument hold no credibility whatsoever ffs.

If people want to leave early they should request seats at the end of rows to avoid disrupting people behind. It seemed like the whole row infront of me in the barclay upper was leaving so i missed the goal! Pretty selfish really...

Oh dear, boo hoo... somebody blocked my view as I was sat in my seat!  [:''(]Get a grip you lot, it''s a football stadium, not the bleedin opera.  I have no qualms about wanting to leave early on Tuesday night as I was feeling ill and we had been absolutely gash for at least 70 mins, with only the odd one or two in yellow shirts putting in any effort whatsoever.  Support is a two way street you know?  Even if a team is playing poorly but the majority of the players are giving it their all then I could see where you are coming from.I was on my way out with about a minute to go, halfway down the snakepit aisle when we had some playful fun with a few other City fans and the local constabulary as Landsbury netted.  Brilliant moment, but you wouldn''t have caught me grumbling if I had left a couple of minutes earlier and missed it!I have seen many games home and away, after long journeys, when we have been dead and buried before half time and stayed until the end and a very limited few where I have left slightly early and not regretted it.  There are loads of games I wish I had of left a lot earlier from over the years and none where I have actually left too early to actually miss anything.It''s the gamble you take if you do leave early and it''s a personal decision.  Each to their own... I guess that some of us are just better judges of what may or may not happen in a game or in life than other people?

Only left early once - desperate for a ''comfort break'' away at Grimsby a few years ago - decided I couldn''t wait any longer and lo and behold Ade Akinbiyi pops in our equaliser just as I was popping out (so to speak).

I see Smudger is still a first class idiot. You think it is fine for someone to walk to the seat that you have paid £30 for and just stand there in front of you.

Hardly surprising you are poster who is targeted really is it??

[quote user="Smudger"]Oh dear, boo hoo... somebody blocked my view as I was sat in my seat!  [:''(]It''s the gamble you take if you do leave early and it''s a personal decision.  Each to their own... I guess that some of us are just better judges of what may or may not happen in a game or in life than other people?[/quote]So you were on your way out when we scored the winner? Yes Smudger, you''re a terrific judge of what may or may not happen in a game.People can leave when they want, but if they stop to watch and block other peoples'' views at a vital moment, that makes them a selfish p***k, not some worldy-wise all-seeing oracle who can predict football and life, amongst other things.

i can''t stand it when fans go early! and thats what they miss! the only game i admit to leaving early is when colchester beat us 7-1 i left on the 6th goal how cna get blamed for that?