Sign in to follow this  
Carra Rud

The Froidee Fillum: The Kop's Last Stand

Liverpool (a) 93-94Couldn''t find this anywhere so we thought we''d do the honours. There''s some pretty intriguing poems on the Official Liverpool Forums about the Old Kop, Jeremy Goss and little old Norwich spoiling the party. Can only imagine how much of an occasion this was alongside our run in Europe during the same season.However, there is this on there which I didn''t realise initially but no highlights? Funny how they just cut them out.Enjoy.

Great video.And so sadly that day finally arrived at Anfield on April 30th 1994.

The last game before Liverpool’s famous Spion Kop and then it would be no more.

Norwich City kindly played their part in the occasion and effectively let us win the toss.

Though one City player obviously didn’t read the script, his name being Jeremy Goss !Ha ha does Gossy have twitter?

Cheers for that[Y]

Couple of points;

What did James have on his head?Was that a hairstyle?

What the hell was Ekoku doing.On a plate for him??!!

And that second film reminded me why i disliked Liverpool at the time.It wasn''t the team itself but just the bias shown towards them and their fans.It''s silly really but it used to really get on my nerves.

[quote user="Carra Rud"]Liverpool (a) 93-94Couldn''t find this anywhere so we thought we''d do the honours. There''s some pretty intriguing poems on the Official Liverpool Forums about the Old Kop, Jeremy Goss and little old Norwich spoiling the party. Can only imagine how much of an occasion this was alongside our run in Europe during the same season.However, there is this on there which I didn''t realise initially but no highlights? Funny how they just cut them out.Enjoy.[/quote]Great day out when Jerry Goss overshadowed Gerry and The Pacemakers!  Best memory of the day was the Kop singing "You''re supposed to let us win!" when Gossy scored.

We''re going green and recyling this ahead of this weekends clash. For those who missed it earlier in the year, it has been added to the Fillum 11/12 Playlist here.Couldn''t find the teams?[img]http://www.charitygiving.co.uk/assets/mini%20sites/lastdayonthekop/liverpool-kop-final-day.jpg[/img]