Sign in to follow this  
NCfC Till I Die

Kelvin Etuhu??

This is just a moan:

What wrong with Man. City? they get all these promising youngsters (Like Richards, Hart, Onuoha, Sturridge, Etuhu etc) and then get rid of most of them. And quite a few stay in the premiership. Sturridge is normally at least on the bench, if not starting for Chelsea..... But instead of really giving these players a chance in the first team, they get rid of them and buy a whole squad of other teams players....

Apparently Forest, Coventry, Blackpool and QPR are interested in him. Never seen him play so I couldn''t comment but his wages would be high. I noticed he was charged with assault occassioning actual bodily harm and wounding with intent earlier in the year. I am no lawyer but that''s pretty serious isnt it?

[quote user="Gingerpele"]This is just a moan: What wrong with Man. City? they get all these promising youngsters (Like Richards, Hart, Onuoha, Sturridge, Etuhu etc) and then get rid of most of them. And quite a few stay in the premiership. Sturridge is normally at least on the bench, if not starting for Chelsea..... But instead of really giving these players a chance in the first team, they get rid of them and buy a whole squad of other teams players....[/quote]

Man City wanted to keep Sturridge but his contract was ending and he opted for Chelsea. Richards lost form and confidence in a massive way and hasn''t been the same player that burst into the England team with great effect. Onuoha is on loan at Sunderland and doing well. Hart is a first team regular and Etuhu just isn''t very good.

Man City have kept hold of a surprising number of their younger players considering how much money they are spending, this is due to registration issues in Europe and the fact they can have a squad of 40 players and pay them all well.

Its quite easy to work around that....

All the owners need to do, is charge themselves how ever many million they want to give to the manager to spend for a seat in the ground :P Then it counts as revenue....

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Its quite easy to work around that.... All the owners need to do, is charge themselves how ever many million they want to give to the manager to spend for a seat in the ground :P Then it counts as revenue....[/quote]

Actually UEFA have closed a lot of the loop holes people were predicting. Revenue from sponser etc has to be at market rate, or will be discounted. The only area that owners will be able to spend on in wide abandon is stadium improvements and youth development.