Sign in to follow this  
Blurboy1980

Good football computer games

Sorry I am not a big gamer but I would love to get into it....what are the best PC games out there that you can be Norwich and nothing too fancy required for game cards etc. I just want a good game, either to play as or be the manager of or the owner of Norwich. Sorry Don''t know too much about them.. I see football manager.. FIFA etc...would love some insight

...I love footie manager games, however the more recent ones are really complicated. Go on ebay and get an older one first, maybe championship manager 2005 or something and test your skills there, then evolve ;-)

[quote user="Scottlarock"]

...I love footie manager games, however the more recent ones are really complicated. Go on ebay and get an older one first, maybe championship manager 2005 or something and test your skills there, then evolve ;-)

[/quote]

Good call, Football Manager 11 can become intense with tactics etc.

If your going to try Football Manager may I suggest that you pick the best team in the game ( Arsenal , Man Utd, Barca etc etc ) to learn how the game works. Then when you got a good grasp try Norwich.

As you can see by my sig I like starting right at the bottom and am just about to kick my first ball in League Two :)

Thanks just looked on amazon....which one? [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v135/Blurboy1980/Blurboy80/41dKHxVHg-L_SL500_AA300_.jpg[/IMG] or [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v135/Blurboy1980/41P33p9sL1L_SL500_AA300_.jpg[/IMG]

either, however i''d go for Championship manager.

My only tip is to mirror Paul Lambert - play with a 442 diamond, stick to it and buy players for that formation - a lot less mucking about. You''ll be able to save game by game (therefore replaying lost games so you can win them) - ensuring good cup runs and promotion if you want a bit of a shortcut into the premiership.

The recent football manager games have been very good, but tough to succeed with City. After a few seasons of struggling in the Championship, I decided to cheat my way into the Prem. To do this, when the manager of Norwich (or who ever you want to be) Simply click on the fm button in the top right corner, click ''add manager'' and take control of a rich club (man City, Chelsea etc) and buy a player from the Ncfc team you never play ( I usually sell McNamee for 80m to Man City!) then retire from the rich club, and your budgets are a lot healthier for Norwich, almost guaranteeing yourself the title with a few signings! Or just adjust the Budgets on the editor to give yourself a few hundred million pounds to spend!

[quote user="ryan1992"]The recent football manager games have been very good, but tough to succeed with City. After a few seasons of struggling in the Championship, I decided to cheat my way into the Prem. To do this, when the manager of Norwich (or who ever you want to be) Simply click on the fm button in the top right corner, click ''add manager'' and take control of a rich club (man City, Chelsea etc) and buy a player from the Ncfc team you never play ( I usually sell McNamee for 80m to Man City!) then retire from the rich club, and your budgets are a lot healthier for Norwich, almost guaranteeing yourself the title with a few signings! Or just adjust the Budgets on the editor to give yourself a few hundred million pounds to spend![/quote]There is an actual tool what can help without effecting any other clubs (unless you want to) it is called fm real time editor when you install this tool you can alter contracts, finances, players atributes or just basicly anything. try this tool it may seeme complicated at first but you will get the swing (it helped on fm 2008 a hell lot)http://fmcenter.co.uk/archives/19

[quote user="ryan1992"]The recent football manager games have been very good, but tough to succeed with City. After a few seasons of struggling in the Championship, I decided to cheat my way into the Prem. To do this, when the manager of Norwich (or who ever you want to be) Simply click on the fm button in the top right corner, click ''add manager'' and take control of a rich club (man City, Chelsea etc) and buy a player from the Ncfc team you never play ( I usually sell McNamee for 80m to Man City!) then retire from the rich club, and your budgets are a lot healthier for Norwich, almost guaranteeing yourself the title with a few signings! Or just adjust the Budgets on the editor to give yourself a few hundred million pounds to spend![/quote]You have to be really crap at Football Manager to have to cheat, seeing as people can get teams from the blue square north to the premiership without cheating at all.

I''m currently playing Football manager 2011 after not playing these games for about 10 years, taken me a while to get to grips with it but i''ve started my 2nd season as Dartford and i''m currently sitting top of the Blue Square South after 16 games.

I did cheat once, becoming Man City boss and buying one of my players for £30m, i felt dirty afterwards but hey ho!![:P]

The tactics, training and press interaction is tricky to understand at first but i''m now well & truly addicted!!

No need to cheat on Football Manager. Just go on the internet, find out which good players are available inexpensively or on free transfers and go from there. My other advice is to disregard what you see in real life. For example in Football Manager 2010, Grant Holt is really average, Stephen Hughes was my best player and I signed Ebi Smolarek on a free to get Norwich promoted from league 1.

[quote user="BarclayBoy"]Football Manager 2005 is pretty good.
[/quote]

Agreed, FM 2005 was a very good version of the game, but as I am always Norwich on these games and they start off in the Premiership, I actually found FM 2006 to be my favourite ever version of the game. It was after this they started introducing silly 3D match highlights etc, although maybe I''m jus bitter because they won''t run properly on my laptop.

FM 2006 would be a good one to try.

The recent Championship Manager series (which is what FM used to be) should be avoided at all costs - they are awful!

I loved FM 2005.... I bought Santa Cruz (think it was the rubbish one, but could have been Roque) as he was transfer listed, and then won the league somehow....without cheating, never done anything like that with any other team on any addition...

If you really want to get into it, get FM 2011.... Its the most ''complex'' one so far, which gives you a lot more too do, which should keep you interested longer, as i often find its gets boring, sometimes during the first season with certain clubs.....

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I loved FM 2005.... I bought Santa Cruz (think it was the rubbish one, but could have been Roque) as he was transfer listed, and then won the league somehow....without cheating, never done anything like that with any other team on any addition... If you really want to get into it, get FM 2011.... Its the most ''complex'' one so far, which gives you a lot more too do, which should keep you interested longer, as i often find its gets boring, sometimes during the first season with certain clubs.....[/quote]

FM 2006 was quality and is the longest time I''ve played a Football Manager game (I even skipped 2007 and 2008 as I was still on this version) and I managed to get well into the 2020''s, during which time I managed to take Norwich to the prem before spending years at Stoke, for some reason, and being three time finalists and two time World Cup winner managing England.

I do have FM 2011, but I just can''t get into it like the old ones. The older games were very ''pick up and play'' but now as soon as you start a new game there''s just too much going on. I don''t like it myself.

[quote user="LeJuge"]You have to be really crap at Football Manager to have to cheat, seeing as people can get teams from the blue square north to the premiership without cheating at all.[/quote]Cheating on a Footy manager game is almost as lame as lying about being a former pro footballer !I have got quite a few teams from the bottom to the top without cheating :)

I''m Cambridge Utd on 2011. Still only first season and a point clear of York at the top of the Conference.

Signed a couple ex Canaries in Whaley and Jason Jarrett, aswell as Jabo Ibhere from MK.

Before anyone else says it, yes Jarrett and Whaley have found their level haha.

Well I just bought Football Manager 2005 from Amazon for $8.88 including shipping which is like 5 pounds so I hope its good....So start as Norwich or start as one of the big boys. Do they actually use real players or Players like the ones back then but can''t cause of copyright issues? Any good tips you got?

Go with one of the better teams...I *think* 2005 was when they made Arsenal super rediculous , failing that I would go for the obvious Man Utd or Chelsea.Get the hang of the game, steam roll through the Prem and then try Norwich.

[quote user="Lambo"]Anyone know any good free agent CM or LB at BSS level on FM2011?[/quote]Hahaha now your talking my languge :)Danny Murphy LB Easily the best at BSS level, League 1 stats !King Gyan CMJohn Thorrington ( try end of the first season he becomes available on a free )