Sign in to follow this  
Lewie - Holt Our Saviour

Leicester are insain!

Sven likes to talk big, has done it his entire management career; he also said he was going to get Beckham on loan.

Leicester do have a lot of cash though and a lot of ambition so I doubt Yakubu will be their last dealing in the transfer market, and maybe not their most surprising. I have heard they have some scouts at the Asian Cup in Qatar. Wouldn''t be surprised to see them in the play-offs at the end of the season, especially if they can keep Yakubu away from the crisp factory.

Sven is a terrible manager who can only work when he has a massive budget. Look at the clown!! Yakubu? Henry? What other manager in this league would try to bring those players in? He hasn''t achieved enough with what he has been given in the past.

Imagine Lambert with that budget? or any other capable manager! Makes me sick to watch a club like Leicester flash the cash but employ a muppet to do it!

Big name players at the end of their careers don''t always do it at Champ level - see David James & Edgar Davids

Would be a hell of a coupe for a club like Leicester, but, surely he''d only be on loan til the MLS starts in March i think. Henry would, even now, run circles round a lot of defenders in this league.

According to his wiki page, the main leicester owner is the 35th richest man in Thailand. I dont really know what that means, but remember the Thai guy in charge at Man City a few years ago who invested 80 or 90 mil in them? Well i bet Leicesters aint too far behind.

They clearly seen they''re not far from the top and are making a real effort to get up and get that 60million jackpot. I dont blame them, its just fans will look at them and be jelous.

They may also be going public to try and tempt other targets to get signed up. Up to them what they do, a lot of these foreign investments are not quite always as they seem and dont always work out for the best.

Sven is insane. He is trying to sign has beens and letting go one of their excellent youngsters.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/d/derby_county/9365202.stm

Thought he was excellent against us earlier this season. Would love to sign him on loan.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]kinda off topic but related,What I dont get is on what planet Bent is worth £18m !![/quote]Since 2005 Bent has scored 81 goals in the Premier League, the only two players to do better are Wayne Rooney and Didier Drogba who both have 82. Bent is 26 and spend most of those years at teams in mid table positions where goals are harder to come by. £18m seems like a fair price to me for a player who will score between 15 to 20 goals.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Well I just find £18m excesive.Imho its fubar when he goes for that and Stephen Pinear is about to move for £2.5m !![/quote]

Pienaar would have been out of contract in the summer and wouldn''t sign a new deal.

Loving it! It''s actually quite mental to see rumours linking us with players like Henry and not being able to dismiss it straight away, not that he will join us.

Another one to add to the list that wont drop to this league. Santa Cruz, Beckham, Keane, Kusczckak (?), etc.

The ambition is fantastic, but the long-term position of the club is worrying if we dont go up in the next 18 months. We sold Fryatt to fund Yakubu on loan for 6 months, its just crazy.

Shay given is odds on to join us this month now, which would be a massive coup.

But then we have Steve Howard on his own upfront vs Man City tonight lol. should be interesting..

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Barnett is King"]*Insane!!![/quote]Let''s not start all that spelling police stuff agane.[/quote] believe it is ''again''!!! Just kiddin mate, how are you? I shall be making my parkrun debut this saturday, with my papa!! :)

[quote user="jed exodous"]Would be a hell of a coupe for a club like Leicester, but, surely he''d only be on loan til the MLS starts in March i think. Henry would, even now, run circles round a lot of defenders in this league.

According to his wiki page, the main leicester owner is the 35th richest man in Thailand. I dont really know what that means, but remember the Thai guy in charge at Man City a few years ago who invested 80 or 90 mil in them? Well i bet Leicesters aint too far behind.

They clearly seen they''re not far from the top and are making a real effort to get up and get that 60million jackpot. I dont blame them, its just fans will look at them and be jelous.

They may also be going public to try and tempt other targets to get signed up. Up to them what they do, a lot of these foreign investments are not quite always as they seem and dont always work out for the best.[/quote]Not toooooo great with numbers then? It''s an estimated £90m if you go up. And that ''Thai guy at man city'' is a prince and a billionnaire from Abu Dubai or something like that... He''s put a slight bit more then £90m in...

[quote user="Lincoln Yellow"][quote user="jed exodous"]Would be a hell of a coupe for a club like Leicester, but, surely he''d only be on loan til the MLS starts in March i think. Henry would, even now, run circles round a lot of defenders in this league. According to his wiki page, the main leicester owner is the 35th richest man in Thailand. I dont really know what that means, but remember the Thai guy in charge at Man City a few years ago who invested 80 or 90 mil in them? Well i bet Leicesters aint too far behind. They clearly seen they''re not far from the top and are making a real effort to get up and get that 60million jackpot. I dont blame them, its just fans will look at them and be jelous. They may also be going public to try and tempt other targets to get signed up. Up to them what they do, a lot of these foreign investments are not quite always as they seem and dont always work out for the best.[/quote]

Not toooooo great with numbers then? It''s an estimated £90m if you go up. And that ''Thai guy at man city'' is a prince and a billionnaire from Abu Dubai or something like that... He''s put a slight bit more then £90m in...
[/quote]

jed means Thakshin Shinawatra - Thai millionaire and alledged dodgy geezer.

Lincoln, Lincoln, Lincoln

Not too good with your history then?

Dont you remeber when Sven was manager at Man City?  The owner was Thaksin Shinawatra, a former THAI prime minister who i beleive after buying the club for around 80 million, invested somewhere around 80-90 million on players like Elano, Bojinov and Fernandez...  He then sold the club a year after buying it, to the now ARAB owners whom i''m fully aware have invested 400 odd million.  What i''m saying is basically the Thais can be very dodgy and i wouldn''t want people like that running the club i support.

As for the money for promotion, realistically, neither of us know exactly how much it is, perhaps it is more than £60 mil, but for an investment in quality loan players like Yak or Henry, perhaps spending, what, 4 or 5 million over 5 months is worth it to get up.

Why dont you read what you''ve highlighted, then before you get too sarky or clever, think about what your replying to... Iknow you''ve not been on here long, but trust me, that advice will serve you very well [:P]

I dont mean to be too harsh because the poster hasn''t been on here long, its always good to get new members and i hope they are not scared off.  Its a bit annoying when someone tries to take the mick, then cocks up their quote or doesn''t read it correctly.  But for all i know this newbie may only be like, 9 years old or something, so i can get over. 

I was serious about the last sentence though.  If Lincoln keeps making silly comments, they''ll get slaughtered off more senior members of this board than me...

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Well I just find £18m excesive.
Imho its fubar when he goes for that and Stephen Pinear is about to move for £2.5m !!
[/quote]

18m is excessive, but if he performs it is 24m...... LOL  

The bloke should be moving for about £6m max.Not to say he''s not prolific but £18m is retardedly high, I am interested to know what other players they could land for that £18mSurely 2-3...frankly they are better off punting £10m to the Binners for Connor Wickham !!!!

Nexus, i sort of have to disagree with you, as has been pointed out, over whatever period of time it was, about 4 seasons or something he was 3rd highest scorer behind Rooney and Drogba.  You cant really argue with that.  Perhaps he does need sometimes 3, 4 or 5 chances, but neither Rooney or Drogba are exactly on fire for one reason or another over the last 6 months.  I think in the grand scheme of things, it is a fair fee for Bent, hes still got a good 5 or 6 years ahead, hes probably on a 4 or 5 year contract so Villa will be getting the best of him.  Lets just put into perspective that Liverpool are supposed to be interested in Jerome Thomas for 5 million.  Your point of buying 2 or 3 players is not valid, Villa already have a squad of average players.  The only other striker i''d have gone for would be Suarez who''d perhaps be a similar value, but he seems like he wants to go to Liverpool and isn''t proven in the Prem.

More concerned about Cardiff signing Emanuel Thomas and QPR signing Routledge to be honest. Waghorn on loan would have been great for sure - if we had the money I''d even buy him. What is he, 20yrs old? Hungry player, fast, technically good - PL kind of player you''d think. Ah well..right wing is priority and hopefully we get somewhere with it.

[quote user="Lincoln Yellow"]Well maybe make it clearer you patronising bellend.
[/quote]

Excellent, a keyboard warrior, fightinf the world and his dog from the safety of his own bedroom.  And its only taken you 15 posts and your in with the name calling.  Good work fella... 

[quote user="jed exodous"]

[quote user="Lincoln Yellow"]Well maybe make it clearer you patronising bellend.[/quote]

Excellent, a keyboard warrior, fightinf the world and his dog from the safety of his own bedroom.  And its only taken you 15 posts and your in with the name calling.  Good work fella... 

[/quote]Mate read what you''re saying? Laying down the law and stuff.. Grow up. Is everyone on here a pompous up their own arse bellend like you?