Sign in to follow this  
ca

Late Kick off - 11:05pm

Starts again tonight, with our very own Dion Dublin joining Matt Holland  as a joint presenter for this series so the programme should improve dramatically [:)]

Who''s going to be watching?

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Will it be on Iplayer? I can''t (or shouldn''t) watch it live, i don''t have a TV license :P[/quote]

You do realise that without a TV License it is illegal to use any BBC service including iPlayer?

quote from TV Licence site, in the ''You do not need a TV Licence

''If you don’t watch or record television programmes, or you only stream TV programmes online after they’ve been broadcast – through on-demand services like YouTube, BBC iPlayer and 4oD – you don’t need to be covered by a TV Licence.''

I don''t know what others think but I like Pete Winkleman. He seems to know his stuff regarding football and how he wishes to run the club, and he also speaks highly of the other regional teams including us which is nice to hear.

And of course the legend Dion Dublin!

Matt looked a bit more confident with Dion beside him,

Dion still loves us [:)]

I thought Dion''s point about us needing another centre back was interesting, I''m not sure anyone on here has mentioned that so far.

Davo

I just wish Dion was the main presenter. Holland still acted like he was running the show, even though he had a co-presenter. Dublin seemed to know a hell of a lot more about the football in and round the region than Holland. MH just doesnt seem to be able to ''connect'' with the viewers, and I never really listened to what he was saying, However, Dion''s views I found to be 100 times more interesting, not just for the comments he made about NCFC, but about what he said about all the local teams, rather than Holland who only cares about Ipswich. (maybe I''m just being bias! :P )

I thought it was a bit of a farce. Neither Holland nor Dion seemed to know when to speak, and as a result all three kept butting in and talking over each other (especially when the highlights were being shown).

Good to see it back on, especially for those of us not in Norfolk. Matt Holland is better with Dion around, but they just need to relax more in front of camera.

Loved the bit were DD got MH to admit Norwich were the team going places,in the words of a credit card...Priceless.

You have to love Pete Winkleman as he just oozes enthusiasm and is so nice to other clubs.

[quote user="Davo"]I thought Dion''s point about us needing another centre back was interesting, I''m not sure anyone on here has mentioned that so far. Davo[/quote]

i thought it showed he wasn''t all that clued up on our squad at the moment and said it for something to say .

[quote user="Northluck C."]I thought it was a bit of a farce. Neither Holland nor Dion seemed to know when to speak, and as a result all three kept butting in and talking over each other (especially when the highlights were being shown).
[/quote]

Agreed, professional it was not.

I agree spartacus, regretably Dion didnt have a clue last night, perhaps

he was very nervous and just said the first thing that came into his

head, but he clearly didnt show  much reasoned  thought about our

current squad, to say the one area we need to add players to is centre

half, come on!   I think he needs to do some proper homework before next

week, still love the guy though!

Centre Halfs

Barnett - just missed 4 games through suspension

Ward - injured

Whitbread - excellent , but returning from injury

Nelson - good defender but not a good enough footballer

Askou - lambert does not rate him

I can see Dion;s point

[quote user="gary "]Centre Halfs Barnett - just missed 4 games through suspension Ward - injured Whitbread - excellent , but returning from injury Nelson - good defender but not a good enough footballer Askou - lambert does not rate him I can see Dion;s point[/quote]

There is no way Dion is right, just because he was a massive player for us doesn''t mean you treat all his opinions as gospel. This shows he has a lack of knowledge of our current squad and your comment about Nelson is stupid. Isn''t it a defender''s job to be a good defender? He also has the best scoring record from all the CBs and I can''t see what Barnett''s suspension has to do with signing another CB.

The truth of the matter is that if Holland had said that you would have called him a clueless idiot.

Watched this last night. Can''t understand why they don''t start the series until halfway through the season !I thought Matt Holland was a lot better than previously. He was really wooden last time out but seemed much more relaxed here and thankfully the make-up dept have somehow toned down his Thunderbird puppet look this time. I suppose it all comes with experience. If you watch some of Gary Lineker''s early efforts he looks worse than Holland ever did.It all got a bit over-excited at times as Dion Dublin and Pete Winkleman were so enthusiastic. As someone said on here people were talking over each other. I would think the production team will be offering a few tips in that direction so I''m expecting it to calm down a bit very soon.A lot of people don''t like Winkleman but because he loves his football so much he always comes across like a big kid in a sweet shop. I like him for that and because he never seems to say a bad word about any other club. I''m sure the programme will get better

I''d like to see Winkleman on there every week, he really knows his stuff about local football and is very passionate about the region which is great to see.

[quote user="Largey"]I''d like to see Winkleman on there every week, he really knows his stuff about local football and is very passionate about the region which is great to see.[/quote]

Ops didnt see a LK thread already up.My GF thought he looked like the child snatcher from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.Although I do agree, that he really was the best of the 3 hosts !

[quote user="Captain Holts Derby Day Hat-Trick"]Chris Martin ruined it for me ;)[/quote]Yeh your right, his class performance just went to proove how wrong you were about him :(

[quote user="Largey"]I''d like to see Winkleman on there every week, he really knows his stuff about local football and is very passionate about the region which is great to see.[/quote]

I really really don''t want to like this bloke considering the part he played in setting up Franchise FC - but he did come across as the better presenter of the three of them last night.

Still puzzled why Piswich got the lead story though - that really grated.

We could be winning the Premier League, Champions League, simultaneously competing in all known domestic and international cups on the planet, discover a cure for the common cold and solve the Middle-east conflict all in the same weekend and still be second to a story about the boil on the ar5e of Paul Jewell''s tealady''s nephew''s dog.

And that''s if there isn''t a better story about Peterborough to be shown before that.