Sign in to follow this  
zak123

The new song in the Snake Pit

This is if anything a message to urge fans who sit in the Snake Pit and surrounding areas to stop singing the "thats why you''re a sub, you''re sh*t". I hate the fact that we are singing this for 2 reasons:

1. Why no praise our players or try and give them confidence instead of not watching the game, singing this rubbish. (its almost as bad as "we''re the snake pit" "we''re the barclay")

2. The first game it happened it was all light hearted and it still is really, but I think when Simeon is warming up and there are also a few Cardiff players there its is a bit unfair to sing it. I''m sure you will all have a go at me and say "its only light hearted", but despite that, it cannot make them feel great.

Just shut up and sing good songs like "we f*cking love Grant Holt"

when i heard it, i thought well aren''t you saying are player are too...

and there is nothing wrong the we''re the snakepit barclay song.

i think people think to much into these songs! blimey! soon we will have to write minutes for the game soon

[quote user="zak123"]This is if anything a message to urge fans who sit in the Snake Pit and surrounding areas to stop singing the "thats why you''re a sub, you''re sh*t". I hate the fact that we are singing this for 2 reasons:

1. Why no praise our players or try and give them confidence instead of not watching the game, singing this rubbish. (its almost as bad as "we''re the snake pit" "we''re the barclay")

2. The first game it happened it was all light hearted and it still is really, but I think when Simeon is warming up and there are also a few Cardiff players there its is a bit unfair to sing it. I''m sure you will all have a go at me and say "its only light hearted", but despite that, it cannot make them feel great.

Just shut up and sing good songs like "we f*cking love Grant Holt"[/quote]That one was aimed at Marshall, and he deserved it!

This song is not new at all,probably sung at least 10 years ago.But I agree it is not the most intelligent!Obviously it is not being sung towards our own players,but if the sentiment of the song applies to the opposition''s subs,it must equally apply to our own!

Norwich subs warming up in front of the SP are applauded. Opposition subs, especially people like Hulse, Marshall who have been good are given some verbal because they are subs. Banter is a game.

There are some fans in front of m ein the SP who seem to spend a lot of time watching the opposition subs warming up and "giving it large" rather than watch the game. Very strange.

HRH

Oh Please!

1)      Those songs have been sung for years by the pit and are not new!

2)      Why not concentrate on watching the game and supporting our players rather than concentrating on what the Snake pit and other sections are singing ( talk about contradict yourself)

3)      Banter is part of the game

I think you miss the point of my post. I do not believe its in all seriousness, still its meant as a dig at there subs. When our players on the side its just unfair to sing it.

[quote user="zak123"]This is if anything a message to urge fans who sit in the Snake Pit and surrounding areas to stop singing the "thats why you''re a sub, you''re sh*t".[/quote]It''s actually "You''re shit, that''s why you''re a Sub" [;)]

Like others have said this ain''t a new song. What has happened to our fans?? Ten years ago there were worse songs than now...seriously to a few of you....MAN UP!!

Have we now adopted pansy fans? Zak - I think our players realise it''s aimed at the away subs, don''t worry your little self.

It doesn''t matter who you believe it to be aimed at, if they here you singing that when on the bench it wont make them feel great!

I am not a pansy, i just think singing rubbish like this is a bit unfair. I''m all for good horrible songs, just not ones that can lower the morale in the city ranks.

[quote user="barclay_boy111"]

it might not be new but is still sh*t and so is "we are the barcly" we are the snake pit"![/quote]

How often have you heard that recently?

excellent song for the snakepitn the navy

Yes, you can sail the seven seas

In the navy

Yes, you can put your mind at ease

In the navy

Come on now, people, make a stand

In the navy, in the navy

Can''t you see we need a hand

In the navy

Come on, protect the motherland

In the navy

Come on and join your fellow man

In the navy

Come on people, and make a stand

In the navy, in the navy, in the navy (in the navy)

[quote user="Go Wash Your Mouth Out Son is a Moron"]excellent song for the snakepitn the navy

In the navy

In the navy

In the navy, in the navy

In the navy

In the navy

In the navy

[/quote]And if you thought that was bad they used to sing thisGlenn Roaders green army, NCFC,Glenn Roaders green army, NCFC,Glenn Roaders green army, NCFC,Glenn Roaders green army, NCFC,Glenn Roaders green army, NCFC,Glenn Roaders green army, NCFC...

Never mind me i,m a moron

[quote user="Go Wash Your Mouth Out Son is a Moron"]excellent song for the snakepit

n the navy
In the navy
In the navy
In the navy, in the navy
In the navy
In the navy
In the navy

[/quote]

Still haven''t matured I see.