Sign in to follow this  
CanaryJames

JBA to Millwall

i have an inkling that this may be to do with the Morison deal! Hope so! Otherwise, why would Lambert offload him to a fellow Championship team? hmmm, thoughts?

[quote user="CharlieFarlie"]Presume there will be a cant play against us clause[/quote]

there is, yes

[quote user="Excited Canary"]i have an inkling that this may be to do with the Morison deal! Hope so! Otherwise, why would Lambert offload him to a fellow Championship team? hmmm, thoughts?
[/quote]

I''d like to think you had something in this but I don''t think Lambert rates JBA at all at this level, so its no real threat that he is at Millwall for a month, just good business all round

Also if Millwall rate Morison as highly as they claim to and do not want to lose him, would a month loan for a player who is well down our pecking order really sway it for them?

[quote user="Excited Canary"]i have an inkling that this may be to do with the Morison deal! Hope so! Otherwise, why would Lambert offload him to a fellow Championship team? hmmm, thoughts?[/quote]

Please sir, I said it first !!!

I don''t think it''s got anything to do with SM, otherwise JBA would go full-time probably.

They simply need a centre-back, and he''s not rated here.

Personally, as much as I like Jens, he''s not Championship material sadly. Good for him to get some games though.

Don''t particularly rate SM anyway. For some reason he strikes me as the kind of player who''d be good for Millwall, but very average elsewhere.

If we sign him of course, then that all changes!

This is clever from Lambert. Sending out someone who hasn''t looked good at championship level to a team that''s attempting to get near the play-offs, therefore he will make their defence worse, conceding more goals and getting lower down the table.Top management. [y]

[quote user="Lincoln Yellow"]This is clever from Lambert. Sending out someone who hasn''t looked good at championship level to a team that''s attempting to get near the play-offs, therefore he will make their defence worse, conceding more goals and getting lower down the table.

Top management. [y]
[/quote]

Exactly what I was thinking!

[quote user="Lincoln Yellow"]This is clever from Lambert. Sending out someone who hasn''t looked good at championship level to a team that''s attempting to get near the play-offs, therefore he will make their defence worse, conceding more goals and getting lower down the table.

Top management. [y]
[/quote]

Exactly what I was thinking!

Gives him some match experience, and if he plays well gain a bit of confidence and more competition.

Nice to see championship teams trying to get some of our players on loan, it shows the quality of the squad, and how talented this bunch are. Might not be the biggest or experienced names in the business, but defintely holding there own in a Promotion battle so far.

Good move!

Lambert obviously doesn''t rate Askou that highly so he is 5th in the centreback pecking order. We''ll not have to pay him for a month and he''ll get some match practise which could prove handy for us later on if we need to to use him!

Lets hope its got something to do with a deal to sign Morrison!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

Good move!

Lambert obviously doesn''t rate Askou that highly so he is 5th in the centreback pecking order. We''ll not have to pay him for a month and he''ll get some match practise which could prove handy for us later on if we need to to use him!

Lets hope its got something to do with a deal to sign Morrison!

[/quote]Im hoping so aswell, player+cash[Y] I have a mate who is a millwall fan and he says they are DESPERATE for a CB...so there may be something more in this

"believe me this bloke is top quality,dont know if a month is long enough to see the best of him.Think Lambert cant like the bloke cos he was outstanding before getting injured,canaries supporters are mystified about it too.Great in the air very commanding heads it long and true.And scores.Lets see. Well done Kenny"

haha

From his agent on sky sports article - "Steve is enjoying his football and is happy at Millwall until he is told otherwise."  Someone tell him otherwise!

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]Whatever you opinion is of Askou, its seems odd that we shoud help out another championship club in the top half of the table in any way,shape or form !?[/quote]I presume we''ll get a fee for the loan and he''ll be off the wage books for a bit at least. Maybe the difference between Lansbury staying or not