Sign in to follow this  
L4cole

Will we sign anbody before the end of the window. Or even settle for second best?

With our latest bids for the lads at Millwall and Brighton both being rejected, will Lambert settle for his second choice in these positions!! Or is there anyone out there who knows anything we all don''t.

If we sign anyone on loan, it will indicate that we failed to get our target(s). PL doesn''t like loans, unless through injury we have little choice.

I am beginning to wonder if we shall manage to sign any further players, although behind the scenes there is time for something to be realised.

We have signed a back-up for Holt, a good central defender and a good versatile defender, - the last mainly a left back. Most of the long-term injury victims have recovered and should soon be back.

The question is if, having failed to sign any player who could improve our prospects greatly, is there any point in a cheaper signing of someone who will spend a lot of time on the bench and who is an inferior back-up to another player?

I would not be as cynical as a poster recently who pointed out that the AGM hype and talk of players may be a prelude to season ticket repeat sales, but it may be that there is not enough money in the kitty to finance the arrival of a very good player.

I trust PL, and I am sure that we have pursued one or two possible signings vigorously, but the Brighton signing was always going to be difficult as time is on the side of Brighton and they are likely to be promoted.

I live in hope that we may secure another player, but I am becoming doubtful.

Still 11 days before the transfer window closes for signings, We''re only just over half-way through it.

Incidently, how much business have that shower of shit down the A140 done so far?