Sign in to follow this  
Ernie

Which club is bigger Lowestoft or Kings Lynn?

Nothing to do with Norwich I know but I have always taken a keen interest in our local teams.  I dont really know which club is in a higher league now as Lowestoft  have done extremely well in the last few years and Kings Lynn went backwards when they went into adminstration/broke and had to virtually start again.  I like to think that perhaps we could have another proffessional league club or two in the not to distant future, with the predicated population growth of the county more than capable of supporting them.  Surely that could only be good for the area and Norwich City, forging closer links with those clubs and with hardly any reserve games anymore the loaning of youth/fringe/coming back from injury players to get real game experience, match fitness etc.  In answer to the original question Kings Lynn or Lowestoft?

When kings Lynn went under some of their players went to lowy therefore helping their push up the league ATM. I think Lowestoft are bigger ATM but Lynn could come back strong.

I also agree it''ll be good for loans etc.. But if we ever played them in a competitive match would it be regarded as a rivalry?

Lowestoft are about three levles higher than the new Lynn - the crowds they both get are 750 ish , Half of the Lowestoft team played for lynn previously , Lowestoft is also in Suffolk - so for me Lynn every time are bigger and should have the relationship with NCFC and the fans - I can see Lowestoft doing exactly what Lynn did and crashing down when wages etc mount up

Lowestoft.Regardless of the "Suffolk" tag you have to remember that there are a lot of former City players on Lowestofts books these days.There is also a link between the two clubs.Coming from nowhere they have done really well !Shame they had to pick blue and white as a kit though, so I do have a bad taste in my mouth in regards to that.

Lowestoft should be playing in the Conference South next season and a third successive promotion.

The club is paying a hell of a lot in wages to attract players from higher leagues, Cave-Brown was playing League 1 football last season and Adrian Forbes League 2, with most of their squad having some sort of league experience. Its worth noting though that the club gets massive gates comparable to League 2 and Conference clubs and have had some major cup runs in recent years, including a trip to Wembley and an FA Cup 1st round appearance.

As previously said, Lowestoft are currently playing at a higher level. Kings Lynn have the better ground, although it is council owned, where as Lowestoft own their own ground. Kings Lynn got as high as Conference North before going under, a step higher than where Lowestoft currently are. It''s doubtful Lowestoft''s ground could host Conference North/South football without serious redevelopment, and there is little room to expand the current site. As someone brought up in the Waveney area I like to see the Trawler Boys doing well, I have only seen them once this season, again Sutton United when Norwich didn''t have a game. It would have been more, but they had so many games called off in the bad weather!

Just to throw another name into the mix. Bury Town are in the same league as Lowestoft. They are going to build a 5000 seater stadium and have ambitions for league football - Scowcrofts wages can''t be that cheap.

I think there is scope for another East Anglian league club. The catchment of Lowestoft/Yarmouth is actually fairly impressive and certainly at a similar or bigger scale than some of the other North sea coastal towns that have sustained such a club either currently or int he past(eg Grimsby/Scunthorpe/Scarborough)

Whether this would be good for Norwich/Ipswich and therefore East Anglian football I''m not so sure. Would much rather have a couple of ''big'' clubs than a multitude of struggling ones. Just look at the West country...