Sign in to follow this  
Ernie

Anybody else just a little bit jealous of Leeds v Arsenal

This is not a pointless thread - it may be in a few people''s opinion - but not mine and lots of others who resonate with Ernie I suspect. As that game was being played out, I too thought it was a great atmosphere - and wondered what CR might be like if we ever got a stadium filled with 35k fans in an FA Cup tie like that...

I also thought along the lines of ''Go Wash Your Mouth Out Son is a Moron''; he makes some excellent observations - as much as I still love the game, compared to the 70''s & 80''s things do seem a bit manufactured and sterile here on match days.

The way PL has got the team playing, Norwich deserve more vocal support - especially in the first 15-20 minutes when we really should be maximising the advantage of a decent home crowd. We do seem to be ''waiting for something to happen'' as opposed to ''making something happen''?

I am keen to see us blow Leeds away once again - but I like to consider myself sporting enough to recognise a team doing their best. Fabulous strike from the Leeds defender!

I certainly don''t share Gordon Strachan''s opinion that the Prem would be a better place with Leeds in it - perhaps he''s angling for the job should Simon Grayson depart?  

I was envious of the 38k fans but then I quickly remembered they were getting less than 20k at some games last season...fickle fair weather northern baskets. A city that size with a club of that history SHOULD be getting those numbers every week.

Plus, could you hear their fans in the last 20 mins? nope, it was all arsenal which proves their is still a loyal underbelly with the big clubs that goes unnoticed at the corporate retail park they call the emirates.

We all hate Leeds, and hate to credit them, but you can''t deny we''d love the fan base they have. Although they find an extra 15k as said, for a big game, that''s not the point. They consistently sell out away, I''d love us to do that! Anyone that moans about the atmosphere at Carrow Road has obviously either seen it a lot better years ago, or goes to plenty of away games. Norwich away games are so good because we do have a lot turn up (not always a sell out) and the singing is non stop! Away games are so much better then at home. We only have 2 areas of the ground that sing, which is annoying but the crowds are consistent and fantastic. Atmosphere at Carrow Road I think is genuinely quite good from an away fans point of view (as i''ve been told on many occasions) but because we have seen it better years ago, and it''s total non stop die hard fans singing non stop at away games, we''d love it to be like that at home as well.The truth is our ground has lots of old people and families, so it will never be like that. The fans we''ve got our top class, and we do make a good atmosphere, we just want more.Away days are still the best.I think you''ve made a fair point Ernie, the place was buzzing. But again, if they had Leyton Orient they''d struggle to get 15k.

Stop being jealous and sing!!In all fairness we don''t get 38k each week at Leeds, no surprise. It''s slightly better than League 1 attendances, 25k+ on average but no where near what we''d get in the Prem. Times are hard, friends are few. It''s difficult in the current climate to pay Prem prices week in week out so I woudn''t expect a full house every week. Although our average attendance is the highest in the league at the moment, it''s still not what you''d expect I suppose.