Sign in to follow this  
Ernie

Anybody else just a little bit jealous of Leeds v Arsenal

Now I know we all love to hate Leeds but I think its fair to say that it was a cracking cup match and Leed''s goal was an absolute screamer!  I think the gap in quality and class was there for all to see, but to Leeds defence they gave it everything they had (much like Norwich performing better than its sum parts, in other words the complete opposite of England!)  Yes they found another 15,000 fans for this game, but the noise level and atmosphere they created was fantastic, win, lose or draw the fans and the players clearly werent going to give Arsenal an easy ride.  It reminded me of the atmosphere we created when Bayern came to town, games the neutrals want to watch you cant help getting caught up in the vibe its addictive.  This season some of our games with virtually full houses its been like a morgue, but if we could get behind the team just that little bit more maybe just maybe we could help push them over that promotion line and if not at worst we will have shown just how much we care an that we can be as passionate as the Leeds, Newcastles, Liverpools etc of this world.  Christ I remember one away cup game in particular against West Ham where we didnt stop signing the entire game "David Stringers yellow and green army" and everytime there supporters started to sign we just got lounder and louder and completely drowned them out.  Ah the good old days!

Leeds will be knackered for their match on Saturday after that performance. Our lot won''t be. If that puts us another 3 points ahead of them, I''ll live.

I dont care for Leeds and I''m glad they might of over done it and if we can take advantage of that over the weekend then all the better but if you went to the Orient game where not only the players but the fans couldnt be bothered (in fact at times it was almost embarassing) and even some of league games this season you would know exactly what I mean. I know it takes two to tango  but regardless of our performance or score, players do feed of the crowd.

[quote user="Ernie"]So your not that bothered about creating that sort of atmosphere at Carrow Road then?[/quote]

Nope, especially not if it''s filled with plastic fans.  Leeds don''t fill their ground for normal match days, all of a sudden it''s full to the brim.  Give me a break.

That sort of atmosphere? You can''t tell from the TV!

If you turned the microphones near the snakepit up and the rest down, Carrow Road would sound like that.

Oh and the next time a little old lady tells me to keep it down (Sheff United) I will, cause we dont want to wake anybody up do we.

Do you not think the Carra would be rocking in a Cup replay against Arsenal? Flip side, how many would Leeds have got, and how much noise would they have made at home to Orient?

[quote user="Ernie"]Now I know we all love to hate Leeds but I think its fair to say that it was a cracking cup match and Leed''s goal was an absolute screamer!  I think the gap in quality and class was there for all to see, but to Leeds defence they gave it everything they had (much like Norwich performing better than its sum parts, in other words the complete opposite of England!)  Yes they found another 15,000 fans for this game, but the noise level and atmosphere they created was fantastic, win, lose or draw the fans and the players clearly werent going to give Arsenal an easy ride.  It reminded me of the atmosphere we created when Bayern came to town, games the neutrals want to watch you cant help getting caught up in the vibe its addictive.  This season some of our games with virtually full houses its been like a morgue, but if we could get behind the team just that little bit more maybe just maybe we could help push them over that promotion line and if not at worst we will have shown just how much we care an that we can be as passionate as the Leeds, Newcastles, Liverpools etc of this world.  Christ I remember one away cup game in particular against West Ham where we didnt stop signing the entire game "David Stringers yellow and green army" and everytime there supporters started to sign we just got lounder and louder and completely drowned them out.  Ah the good old days![/quote]

Drazen says "Nikako" and "Mrzim ja Leeds Scum"

Yes I am jealous.The atmosphere at carrow road these days isn''t that good, I used to go from the 70''s and that was real atmosphere, plenty of different songs.We got close to it in our promotion year 2006.So what has gone wrong at carrow road ?The new bred cannot get songs going ?The stupid music being played ?The intro to OTBC at the start ?The cost of going, leaving out the people who really want to go but cannot afford they need to get an outlet out of there lives and enjoy the moment ?The stewards telling the barclay lower to sit down?OR we have nothing really to get to excited about YET !!!!!!!!I think it is all of the above

But afterall I am a moron.

So its not just me then, and I''m afraid to say I to remember the 70''s. Not sure if I''m a moron or not, is that ok?

yes - I''m jealous - they have just made a bout £1 million pounds for the two ties against the gunners - - could provide another two big value signings - all above any budget plans

City knocked out in 3rd round - lossess against plan - I suspect

Leeds gave a great effort for a Championship team

Of course you''re right about the atmosphere ernie but don''t expect any of the yellow and green tinted spectacle brigade on here to agree. Leeds atmosphere for big games will always be far superior to anything the few who actually sing and get behind the team at carrow road can produce. Last night at elland road there fans in ALL the stands were singing, getting behind the team and creating a brilliant atmosphere. This is true of most grounds but it never at carrow road. Far too many pensioners, families, and reserved norfolk folk in the city stand, jarrold stand, and river end for this to happen.

Excellent point southstand I think sometimes we are our own worst emeny, Leeds fans do not and I''m sure never will think of themselves as a small club even when they were in the 3rd tier. Yet when we were finishing 3,4 and 5th in the early days of the prem, playing in Europe I feel alot of our own fans thought as though we were doing well but I suspect secrectly just being happy that we were in the same league as the Man u''s etc of this world.  I think an attitude which alot of is actually of our own making that has done us no favours. Christ just look at the Wigan''s, Blackburn''s, Bolton''s etc of the prem, I believe a club of our size should be in the prem and not be ashamed of saying so.

Yet again another pointless thread about atmosphere.

How many times do we have to bear this drivel.

The atmosphere at ALL grounds is variable, depending on circumstances.

OUR MANAGER thinks the atmosphere at the Carra is terrific.

Opposing managers often comment how hostile a place it is.

Even Neil Warnock, who is no shrinking violet mentions it.

When Steve Bruce was manager of Birmingham he commended the Norwich atmosphere.

As for Leeds, yes, last night they were up for it, but so would any club have been when playing Arsenal.

The last time I went to Elland Road, their crowd was pretty quiet and the attendance was barely 20,000.

In reality all crowds can be noisy or quiet.

If you spend time on other clubs messageboards, you will see that every club gets these kinds of posts about so called lack of atmosphere.

Pointless!!!!!!

[quote user="dreamteam"]Yet again another pointless thread about atmosphere.

How many times do we have to bear this drivel.

The atmosphere at ALL grounds is variable, depending on circumstances.

OUR MANAGER thinks the atmosphere at the Carra is terrific.

Opposing managers often comment how hostile a place it is.

Even Neil Warnock, who is no shrinking violet mentions it.

When Steve Bruce was manager of Birmingham he commended the Norwich atmosphere.

As for Leeds, yes, last night they were up for it, but so would any club have been when playing Arsenal.

The last time I went to Elland Road, their crowd was pretty quiet and the attendance was barely 20,000.

In reality all crowds can be noisy or quiet.

If you spend time on other clubs messageboards, you will see that every club gets these kinds of posts about so called lack of atmosphere.

Pointless!!!!!![/quote]

Pointless post I thought.

Thank you thank you thank you dreamteam.

As you say this is total drivel. Moaning about the atmosphere really gets to me.

If anyone goes to an away game you will find exactly the same response to the match.

I''ve been to most of the ''big'' club grounds and can confirm that.

As you say visiting managers continually comment on how the crowd get behind the team.

I have a good mate who is a binner (albeit an intelligent one) now he really does have genuine grounds to moan!!

Oh yes - I too can remember the days of 30,000 in the Carra... so what ?

But thats not true is it Dreamteam, there are some grounds that are well know for being intimidating and Carrow Road on the odd occassion can be also, but not often.  Lambert is hardly going to say any different in all fairness is he.  You say pointless thread but I beg to differ, when exactly was the last time we have had such a great oppotunity to get back to the land of milk and honey with no teams in particually running away with it?  If we as fans can get behind our team just that little bit more that in turn could possibly bring us an extra point or two then surely that cant be a bad thing?

Why do people think I am moaning about the atmosphere at Carrow Road?  We have a great stadium, fans, team, manager etc but all I''m saying is with that all in place how bad as fans do we really want it?