Sign in to follow this  
Al Yellow

The Window will close on the geordies .....

With the very public spat between Souness, Shepherd and Bellamy Newcastle have put themselves in a very bad bargaining position. It seems clear that they''ll look to sell him but with only six days to go until the window slams shut smart clubs will sit on their wallets and try and snap up a discounted bargain. Now I know we can''t afford to sign him but we should be on stand by with a late bid to take him on loan on the 31st. Look at it this way Newcastle won''t play him again so, if for any reason, they fail to sell him they''ll be left with him on the books until the summer. If he plays reserve team football his value will go down and they''ll have to pay his wages too. Better for them to loan him out to a club where he''ll play, the loanee club will pay a good part of his wages, and hence leave Newcastle with a more marketable asset in the summer. With his former links to Carrow road, well stranger things have happened ..........

To be honest I wouldn''t want Bellamy. I know he''s a talented player and everything but I don''t think we need someone with his attitude and ego problems when we''re battling to stay in the Premiership. The problems started in Newcastle when he refused to play on the wing for two managers, so what are the chances that he''d do what Worthy wanted?

He wouldn''t be needed to play him on the wing though, especially the left one... Ashton and Bellers up front with Hux tucked in behind would be an awesome front trio, wouldn''t you agree?

I would still love to see the little b*gger back here. Just heard that Newcastle have fined him but not put him on the transfer list. The fine of 2 weeks wages is £80,000. Hmm, it''s really not going to happen is it?

i really do think a 3million bid would get him back to carroiw road!!!

a loan is preferable and i agree that if we leave it late and go in for him we may get something.  him up front with deano would be unstopable.  make it happen worthy!!! god knows how much money we have, the board always seems to lie