Sign in to follow this  
zak123

Fox or Crofts?

I think Crofts is more vital to the team, I like Fox but I think Crofts does so much we don''t realise.

His closing down, his positioning, he does a lot defensively which is extremely vital.

Crofts started the season brilliantly, I wouldn''t say his performances are going down, just thing he started with a few goals and stole some headlines.

Fox on the other hand as improved as the season has gone on, both brilliant signings and proved they are Championship players.

We can''t get away without either Crofts or Korey in the team as we need a more combative midfielder in there.

We can get by without Fox but Lambert definitely likes to get him in the side if he can - and prefers to play him at the base of the diamond. Fox is the one who dictates the tempo and keeps the ball moving through the midfield so, at least until Surman is fit, I think he will be selected.

The answer is therefore for the time being both. I would expect the first choice quartet to be:

Fox

Crofts           Lansbury

Hoolahan

The slight shame is that I think Crofts plays better at the base of the diamond than he does on the right but so also does Fox and they can''t both play there. When Surman comes back and everyone is fit then its a (nice) selection problem. I guess if they are all playing well he will have to wait for his chance but personally I might play him ahead of Lansbury on the left.

[quote user="CallsignViper"]Both. If only one, it''s Fox for me. He''s earned his place and his performances would have to drop for Crofts to come back in at the base.[/quote]You would say that! Given that you have a man crush on Foxy!! [;)]Well, we''ve been playing both recently and doing pretty well hey? Although, our midfield is pretty choc full of decent quality and I''m sure Lansbury will be starting!Crofts, for me, is best utilised at the base of the diamond but Fox has been doing a fine job there in recent games.

I think Hoolahan, Surman and Lansbury have to start if fit so the other midfield spot does seem to be between the 2 of them. For me it depends who we are playing, and where. Cardiff away and I''d pick Crofts, Scunthorpe at home and I''d go with Fox.