Sign in to follow this  
DOGGER

Morrison + Bennett = Promotion

[quote user="Broadstairs Canary"]No personal attack intended CTID - I meant it generally. Quite a few people are suggesting that we are only a signing or two away from promotion but are these 2 good enough to add that extra special quality? I think not. They may add depth but not more ability to what we already have. I would rather the cash went on someone else.[/quote]no offence taken BC[Y] not sure about Bennett as i know little about him, Morrison i think will add alot to the team as apart from Holt we struggle upfront, Chrissy has not been on fire this season and i think he needs someone to push him for his start in the team, Lambert is trying to do this by bringing in(imho) another quality striker instead of a squad player. My good friend is a Millwall fan and raves about him also said he would be totally gutted to see him go and then fears mid table foir them if he is sold

There is no way these 2 players (with a combined total of half a season''s experience at this level) can assure you of promotion. If we can afford it without screwing the club great. But thats going to cost upwards of least £2 million. We dont have that kind of money and I dont want adminstration.

We are a club with strong community links and ripping off the taxpayer/local businesses should not be our style. (I am looking at you binners!). Huddersfield sliding all the way down to league 2 are a timely reminder of what happens when you chase the dream of Premiership football. Not advocating prudence with ambition or any of that nonsense. But you simply cant spend money you dont have. Its just common sense.

we know that we are interested in Bennett, and it has been reported (not an absolute truth though) that we had a bid rejected from Millwall for Morison at some point. I''m excited as anyone about the feeling that we may stump up some cash for a good player - but is this player really Morison? Would Milwall sell him to us and it is has been said that Millwall would except no less than 2 million - would we really pay this? I''m in the camp that I trust the board in that if they do find this extra money, it is not at risk of doing extreeme damage if we do not ger promoted; however, are we asking a bit too much if we think we may pay over 2 million for Morison?

I agree CTID.

I think we need one quality striker to get us to the big time. A Holt injury will see us drop down the league as Martin scores in fits and starts.

Whether Morrison is the man ... I''ll take your word for it.

I love the way (in the case Bennett) people latch on to a name and without knowing anything about him or having ever watched him play all over a sudden think he''s the new messiah!!...... It happened in the summer with some Dagenham & Redbridge winger and now it seems Bennett is the new vogue.

1) Firstly no one knows how much money we really have to spend.

2) However much that is I''m am sure Lambert will get in the best possible player he can for that, whether thats Bennet, Morrison or whoever

3) No one is suggesting we spent more money that we can afford or to put us into serious financial trouble

4) We do however have a real chance of getting back to the big time and surely thats worth "going for it"

5) Worst case scenario we end up with a quality player that we might have to sell if we dont get promoted.

6) McNally can give us 90 million reasons why I believe we should go for it.

7) With the Championship as it is this year with no one running away with it you tell when we going to if ever get a better chance at promotion.

[quote user="Ernie"]

2) However much that is I''m am sure Lambert will get in the best possible player he can for that, whether thats Bennet, Morrison or whoever

3) No one is suggesting we spent more money that we can afford or to put us into serious financial trouble

4) We do however have a real chance of getting back to the big time and surely thats worth "going for it"

5) Worst case scenario we end up with a quality player that we might have to sell if we dont get promoted.

7) With the Championship as it is this year with no one running away with it you tell when we going to if ever get a better chance at promotion.

[/quote]

couldn''t have put it better myself!

[quote user="canary_girl"][quote user="Ernie"]

[/quote]

couldn''t have put it better myself!

[/quote]Third[Y]....and for the record, i''ve seen Bennett and he really is good!!

[quote user="Broadstairs Canary"]I agree CTID.

I think we need one quality striker to get us to the big time. A Holt injury will see us drop down the league as Martin scores in fits and starts.

Whether Morrison is the man ... I''ll take your word for it.[/quote]Not saying he is but my mate says he is head and shoulders above the rest in the team ability wise. It''s nice to see we are going for the so called BETTER players and not just squad players, as I have said before we defo need a pro en goal scorer as chrissy us not firing ATM

The benifit of looking at a player like Benett is that coming from league one he cant command huge wages, whereas a fallen prem player like Routledge would cost a bomb over the long term.

I think that with the team we have now is definately capable of a play-off spot but if we added these two signings then i think an automatic place is on the cards!

C''mon you Yelloowwwwwssss!

After today, I am mostly thinking ....  Ched Evans?I think Lambo could bring out the best in him. Plus he must have good memories of his time at Norwich. Plus he''s not going anywhere at Sheffield (except maybe down).What do we think?

[quote user="ron obvious"]
After today, I am mostly thinking ....  Ched Evans?

I think Lambo could bring out the best in him. Plus he must have good memories of his time at Norwich. Plus he''s not going anywhere at Sheffield (except maybe down).

What do we think?

[/quote]

I mentioned this option a couple of days ago, as I thought his transfer fee would be similar to that of Morrison. However, after today''s performance I don''t think Sheff Utd will be selling. The other sticking-point could be his wages.  

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="ron obvious"]After today, I am mostly thinking ....  Ched Evans?I think Lambo could bring out the best in him. Plus he must have good memories of his time at Norwich. Plus he''s not going anywhere at Sheffield (except maybe down).What do we think?[/quote]

I mentioned this option a couple of days ago, as I thought his transfer fee would be similar to that of Morrison. However, after today''s performance I don''t think Sheff Utd will be selling. The other sticking-point could be his wages.  

[/quote]Just wondering if today could have unsettled him a little. That he could be knocking on the door of the Prem. - instead of League 1.Do we know how much they paid for him? What his wages are?